• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Reeves - Cresseys disciple

reeves

reeves

19.10.2008 12:00 AaSK

FINALLY I could make the update...

Well I've been really busy with my thesis, but moreover I think all the band and speed work on the bench hurt me. My left rotator cuff got inflated and the right hurt too, and its constantly cracking. I know my posture could be better, and thats what I'm working on. I'm hunched over the computer a good 10 hours a day.

I decided to cut Cresseys programs short to not tempt fate and work on recovery.

Moreover My left hip is really tight and I cant squat, I tried front squats the other day and had to cut that session short with only 40 kg. Even lying bridges to activate my glutes hurt my knees. I tried x-band walks but its like my gluteus medium doesn't respond. I'll keep doing those. From now on I'm gonna do a 5 day a week shoulder rehab (from dieselcrew) combined with the neanderthal no more program. I have yet to make a complete program but I really cant cause I need to try out what works for me.

I diagnosed myself via facepulls and I am now absolutely convinced that my right serratus needs to be activated, only have a minor winging, but for example when I did 30 pushups the other day the next day I can only feel the DOMS in my left lower serratus and lats, which is really frustrating. I manage to activate my serratus better with pullups/pull up retraction and band rows. the push up plus doesnt do the job for me, but band resisted push ups does. At the end of the day I guess it's all about finding out what works for me, what I can and cant do and focus on getting rehabbed what ever it takes.

On a side note I have to take a trip to Ecuador next month for about a month to do fieldwork for the thesis. That'll be nice but not much time for training. Prefer the trip though.

Also I decided to purchase the MBT shoes because I heard wonders on how they can help you correct your posture, and at this point I wanna try everything I can.

ok That was a lot I had to get out but at least I did it. Here are today sissy session

A Pull-up Retraction

3x12 (awesome feel in serratus)

B Partial Standing Overhead DB push press (phew, what a name)

12 @ 7 kg
12 @ 8 kg
12 @ 8 kg

C Push up Plus feet Elevated

3x9

D Lying DB protractions

12 @ 10 kg
12 @ 10 kg
12 @ 10 kg

E Band pull aparts

3x12 (nice)

F External sitting DB rotation

3x12

G1 Reverse Crunch

2x15

G2 Side Hip Thrusts

2x12/side

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice workout for recovery man, sorry to hear about all the strains and injuries.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good session considering your hold backs. Hope the problems sort themselves out soon so you can get back to training proper soon.

reeves

reeves

[.youtubevid]dJGXGTYcXRw[./youtubevid]

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Congrats on the session. push presses will definitely help rotator cuff too :)