• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rocky's Log - King of the Jim

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
miamiracing - Thanks man. It felt good to be able to do all that, with minimal rest, feeling as tired as I did! :)

max-ot - Cheers buddy. Slowly but surely I'm getting up to my best again on the deads. Another 25kg to go and I'll be back in PB territory. :)

Natureboy - Cheers man. The pullovers are a bit of an odd one. Some say they are a chest exercise, some say it's back and then there's the belief that they can increase your rib cage! I use it as a perfect end of chest and beginning of back exercise. Breathing in really deep as I lower the weight behind me for a great stretch and I really feel it in both upper pecs and upper back. Probably not really a mass builder but definately feels good.

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice workout their rocky. Good job with the deadz, maybee not going for the 8th rep on 380 might have been a wise move, never know with deads, you pull up the wrong way for just a second and your back can be done. You held your numbers pretty solid after doing deads too, i know that shit takes alot out of you, yet u kept going strong which is great. Keep up the good work like always

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Dobbs - really starting to enjoy my sessions again after my lay-off and returning to having lost a ton of strength - found it depressing to train to be using weights I'd normally be using as a warm-up as my main weight - and struggling!

Anyway, another session without Evo but probably just aswell cos if I was rushed in having to do my last session in an hour - this one had to be quicker. I had 45 mins before having to get back home to give the car to Ria and it was legs/shoulders and bis. This was gonna be tough, and here it was:

Smith Squat
80kg (180lb) x 10
100kg (220lb) x 8
135kg (300lb) x 1 !?! Felt sharp pain in my groin and left it. Probably didn't help by not really warming up and rushing through the first sets so went to old faithful lunges.

Smith Lunges
135kg (300lb) x 8
180kg (400lb) x 7 - ridiculous. A PB right there - but why on lunges instead of squats! Oh well shan't complain.

Seated Calf Raises
140kg (310lb) x 15
195kg (430lb) x 12
200kg (440lb) x 10

Leg Press Seated Calf Press
160kg (352lb) x 15
205kg (450lb) x 12
205kg (450lb) x 8

Leg Ex
102.5kg (225lb) x 15
102.5kg (225lb) x 15

SUPERSET WITH

Leg Curl
102.5kg (225lb) x 10
102.5kg (225lb) x 6

I was absolutely fucked by this point as all that took me 17 mins so I was having next to no rest. Disappointed with the way squats turned out but hopefully made up for it with the intensity of the rest of it. And still shoulders and bi's to go!

Standing Push Press
40kg (90lb) x 10
50kg (110lb) x 10
60kg (135lb) x 8
60kg (135lb) x 4 - legs were too wobbly still!

Cable Upright Row
65kg (145lb) x 10
87.5kg (193lb) x 10
90kg (200lb) x 10

Did want to do another exercise but time and equipment availability scuppered it! :no:

Standing EZ BB Curls
35kg (77lb) x 10
50kg (110lb) x 10
50kg (110lb) x 8

CC's
20kg (45lb) x 6

Standing Alt DB Curls
17.5kg (40lb) - 10kg (22lb) x 6 reps per set with no rest

That was it, no time for shrugs so ran out of the gym and got back just in time. Hopefully should afford more time to sessions as of next time!

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow...your lunges are truly incredibly gay. Great weight on them, and congrats on that PB. Too bad about your groin, you should probably call Chesty over and have him massage it for you, hes great at that :spy:

Super Leg Curls, not too shabby with the push presses. and Biceps I remember have always been one of your very strong points. I recall you BB Curling 135lbs for 6 or 8 good reps :xyxthumbs:

as for shrugs :no: you should hold a kid in each arm and start shrugging them :49:

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow thats hardcore, way to go on your session.

Thank for the info about the pullovers, of you find out anythiong else let me know

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
rocky stop trying to king people in the head with your dumbells. If they fight you they will die. I dont want to read about someone dieing. Your 170kg deads for 7 reps is hell good you could probably triple 200 :)

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky please tell me you dont have a vagina..
cus' from the looks of it, i see chicks doing smith squats in our hammer room at the gym
and this one hispanic lady who ALWAYS wears very very ass tight pants does them, i can imagine that weight squeezing your dick. looks horrible
but she is a fine find lady LOL
one time she was doing heavy DB lunges across from the dip machine
and her ass was right in front of me, i was like O M G YEZ!!

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn, nice job on the lunges. Yah, and when u squat heavy and are taking as little time of breaks as u are its hard to bang out 300 lbs for reps. Nice job on calves as well, you hit um hard and heavy. 17 mins throughout that whole leg session is insane. I thought i moved fast finishing up the same amount of work in an hour.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Tweak said:
wow...your lunges are truly incredibly gay.
:49:

That 17 minutes of legs musta been crazy :runinafire:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak - I'm only gay for you. Where's my massage? :spy:

Natureboy - Thanks buddy! If you want more info on Pullovers have a read of this: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/anatomyofapullover.php
I'd definately give them a try though - not saying it does expand the ribcage but it does make your chest and back feel bigger whe you're done!

Pickle - lol. I'm a lover not a fighter. Hopefully get up to 200kg soon, but slowly but surely.

Hypo - I had my vagina removed, but thanks for the story. I have to use the Smith for most of my pushing exercises purely cvos of the lack of a rack and everything else at the gym I'm at - just have to make do with what I got!

Dobbs - Thanks buddy. Yeah I'm putting the drop off in reps and weight down to the speed of the session but those squats annoyed me as it was the first exercise, don't know why I just don't get on with them.

Glex - Yep it was hard cramming it all in. And don't encourage Tweak! :)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for the site it was very helpful

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Heey there Rocko. Didnt notice youve started a new log. Already got some good sessions posted. Keep up the good work bro :xyxthumbs:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey man,

you are a crazy ass peckerwood man :49:

i mean look at this:
Standing EZ BB Curls
50kg (110lb) x 10
50kg (110lb) x 8

thats really really good :hsughr:

looking forward for the next session :)

miamiracing

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Natureboy - No worries, hope it helped. Let me know how you get on with them if/when you throw them into your routine.

Philo - Yeah, about time I got a log going again. Always helped my motivation putting up the sessions in here and getting the feedback. Thanks for posting buddy.

Miamiracing - lol. I been called many things but peckerwood's a new one! :) Thanks for the post man, I'll keep pushing it.

Got Chest/Back and tris this afternoon with Evo. My chest pressing is still sub par at the minute, I'm hoping today will be getting back to my old standard, so we'll see. I'll post it up in a few hours. Thanks for checking everyone.

steve_c

steve_c

Putting up some heavy weight for sure, just curious though are you bulking, cutting or just trying to maintain right now?

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
steve_c said:
Putting up some heavy weight for sure, just curious though are you bulking, cutting or just trying to maintain right now?

Always bulking! If you've seen my pics in the members section. (They're on the last page cos they're old now!) I always seem to be in pretty ok condition no matter how much I eat. I keep cramming the food in but never seem to get "big" (cursed metabolism!) so I'm just about getting as many calories in as possible and increasing my muscle mass all the time. I might not be able to bulk quickly, but if all I put on is lean muscle mass then I guess that's fine by me!

steve_c

steve_c

Rocky said:
Always bulking! If you've seen my pics in the members section. (They're on the last page cos they're old now!) I always seem to be in pretty ok condition no matter how much I eat. I keep cramming the food in but never seem to get "big" (cursed metabolism!) so I'm just about getting as many calories in as possible and increasing my muscle mass all the time. I might not be able to bulk quickly, but if all I put on is lean muscle mass then I guess that's fine by me!

Ah ok, understood. And there would definitely be nothing wrong with puttin on lean muscle mass, good luck to you sir, I'll be following this log

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Thanks buddy! I'll be doing my best! :)

Ok so today's session was not with Evo as planned as he was busy - hopefully he'll be getting a new job and getting out of where we both worked before I became a cop. The only buggar is, it'll possibly mean moving to Scotland which means I'll be missing not only a training partner (most important), but also a business partner as it will scupper our gym opening plans (next important) and also I'll be missing having a good friend around (least important! :) ). But we'll cross that bridge as we come to it.

So anyway - here was today:

DB Incline
22.5kg (50lb) x 10
32.5kg (70lb) x 10
42.5kg (95lb) x 7 (failed on 8)
42.5kg (95lb) x 4 (failed on 5). Bit disappointed here. Still below par. Didn't help having no-one to spot me.

BB Decline
80kg (180lb) x 10
100kg (220lb) x 5!?! Less than last week!?
100kg (220lb) x 4!?! Very disappointing. :disgust: Again no spotter! :no: SO couldn't go too mad.

Lying DB Pullover
35kg (75lb) x 15
45kg (100lb) x 11 - Come on Natureboy get doing them! :)

Romanian Deads
90kg (200lb) x 10
130kg (285lb) x 10
170kg (380lb) x 6
175kg (390lb) x 2 - just to finish off.

BB Bent Over Row
90kg (200lb) x 10
120kg (265lb) x 10
120kg (265lb) x 10

Lat Pulldown
80kg (180lb) x 10 - as a warm up for chins

Wide Grip Chins
w/7.5kg (17lb) x 8
w/10kg (22lb) x 3!?! :no:
Bodyweight to fail

Dips
w/17.5kg (40lb) x 10
w/50kg (110lb) x 8
w/52.5kg (115lb) x 8

Rope Tri Pushdowns
45kg (100lb) x 10
62.5kg (138lb) x 10
65kg (145lb) x 10

Cable Wrist Curls - SUPERSET
FRONT REV
75kg (165lb) x 12 45kg (100lb) x 12
77.5kg (170lb) x 6 47.5kg (105lb) x 8

Then just for the hell of it to finish off:

Cable Single Arm Rows
45kg (100lb) x 10
65kg (145lb) x 10
80kg (180lb) x 6

And that be it. Little over 60 mins and gone.

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sometimes having a spotter can make your training session so much better. And about those pullovers I'm starting those next week:xyxthumbs:

Great session Rock

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dont worry bout those db inclines Rocky
just focus more man, your a hardcore veteran of this
picture yourself after you've busted a gang with 500lbs of weed
and 5lbs of coke, and a stash of guns, and a little girl tied up still alive
in the back seat of a car.
feel proud mr police man