• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ron Paul getting pissed off!!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No you are right, the governments responsibility is not to be anyones moral advicer and decide what is good or bad for you, hence, why smoking and greasy/sugary fast food is perfectly legal. however, when something represent a threat towards society as a whole, and lets face it, someone taking amphetamine does that, then its the governments responsibility to protect the society from that person, not just by waiting until he gets high, but trying to prevent him from getting hold on the drugs.

its basically the same as not being allowed to drive as fast as you want too or drinking and driving, i could feel like doing that, but that does not give me the right to endanger someone elses life just because i feel like being irresponsible. laws are there for a reason, to protect the people. and if drugs were to become legal, consumption would increase, that is a given. they would be morally accepted, and for alot of people that would be an incentive to use them. for alot of teens, drug use would suddenly be alot more attractive, im damn sure. there is a reason why alchohol is more widespread than drugs, they are legal, drugs are not.

i actually think that when people start sniffing poop and urine then that is a sign of successful drug policy:49:

First of all, thank you bulk boy for posting what I was about to and thank you IS for giving merit to the oppositions argument. I think it is absurd to say that the government should not try to "control" people and that people should be free to do whatever they want. Fact of the matter is, these are addicting drugs that we are dealing with here and somebody screws up once and does meth and then becomes severely addicted, they no longer have that freedom of choice. I realize that it is not the governments responsibility to be my moral advisor, I was just saying that I thank god that they are on the same side as me for some issues:dunnodude:. A lot of people are going to do drugs regardless of whether they are legal or not but believe it that some people actually do and dont do things in accordance to the laws that are set. I am positive that a lot of people would try these drugs, who wouldnt otherwise, if they became legal and as we all know, many drugs carry a very high risk of dependence even after just one use. I have seen first hand the negative, violent, abusive effects of drugs on innocent people that has nothing to do with gang related violence or drug wars. Not only are drugs harmful to those who consume them directly, they often inhibit the users logic and resoning and in some cases this comes back to bite an innocent person in the ass hard. I dont see drug laws as the government trying to "control" us, I see them as another protective measure.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I just think states should be able to decide their own laws in regards to drugs, and let the people vote.

I think a good start would be to legalize all drugs in Schedule II - Schedule VIII. Then from there states could give it 5-10 years, decide if it was a good idea, and go back and consider legalizing Schedule I drugs.

For you guys against drugs, would you be ok with the legalization of everything that isn't Schedule I? (Schedule I drugs are probably the drugs you think of when you think of junkies and crackheads) Everything from Schedule II and beyond typically are more of the recreational drugs.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with Tech regarding the drug laws. Sure, some drugs should definately not be legal but a lot of them should be. I'm sure a lot of people do them just because they "aren't suppose to," as well. I mean, how many kids in the states use to drink in high school and then they become more responsible or do not drink at all once they move on to college. Sure, some do not but many do.

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with Tech regarding the drug laws. Sure, some drugs should definately not be legal but a lot of them should be. I'm sure a lot of people do them just because they "aren't suppose to," as well. I mean, how many kids in the states use to drink in high school and then they become more responsible or do not drink at all once they move on to college. Sure, some do not but many do.

exactly :2: