• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ronnie Coleman guestposing in NPC Pittsburgh

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:crymeariver: I agree with braaq on this one he should hang up the trunk.

R

Ruhlforever

So So sad to see his left SIDE is a MESS, I mean he is still the champ in the right side but in the left one he is the looser of the two consecutive Mr. Olympias in 2006 and 2007.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is one of the few cases where i disagree with Braaq. If ronnie wants to compete he is not harming his legacy at all. No one has ever put together so many absolute blowouts. In '03 he redefined what was possible. At the 2001 AC he was trim and massive at the same time. Sure he is not in that shape anymore. And as a fan it does suck to see that time has caught up with him. But what has always inspired me about ronnie, and what has made me look up to him is his passion. He loves the weights, you can see it in his videos. Most others make it look like they resent being in the gym. Ronnie is having the time of his life. He has dedicated himself to a goal and is sticking by it. In his first Olympia he came dead last, but he worked his way up to amass more pro victories than anyone in the history of our sport. While his record may be tarnished in a victory sense, the man has not lost his passion. Can't fault the guy for doing what he loves.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is one of the few cases where i disagree with Braaq. If ronnie wants to compete he is not harming his legacy at all. No one has ever put together so many absolute blowouts. In '03 he redefined what was possible. At the 2001 AC he was trim and massive at the same time. Sure he is not in that shape anymore. And as a fan it does suck to see that time has caught up with him. But what has always inspired me about ronnie, and what has made me look up to him is his passion. He loves the weights, you can see it in his videos. Most others make it look like they resent being in the gym. Ronnie is having the time of his life. He has dedicated himself to a goal and is sticking by it. In his first Olympia he came dead last, but he worked his way up to amass more pro victories than anyone in the history of our sport. While his record may be tarnished in a victory sense, the man has not lost his passion. Can't fault the guy for doing what he loves.

You make some good points, however I think it is inevitable to draw comparisons between him now when he was at his peak. I understand people liking the nostalgia of a great champion still doing what they love to do...but for me I find it sad when they just dont seem to understand its time to bow out and go on to try new things.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I meant no offense to Ronnie at all and I am sure that Braaq didnt either. I think we both respect and recognize him as the greatest bodybuilder that has ever lived and possibly ever will. I would love to see Ronnie at events in a cut-off showing off his legendary arms but there is no sense in throwing on posing trunks. It would be great to see ronnie and meet the man behind the legacy but guest posing should be reserved for phenomenol physiques in shape IMO.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
not to criticize, but just the fact that you are team victor's means you cannot really appreciate because i think the two are quite different:you can only like one.
i'm surprised about the creator:he is team wolf's,the man who should(i hope, although judging by the most recent pics i'm starting to doubt about)take ronnie's place of dominance and carry on his shoulders the sport

I understand and respect the fact you love Ronnie, I do too! Hell I use to work out next to him and could see his passion and love for the sport first hand. But that does not mean that he should not recognize that his prime is over and with these injuries he will not get better. It is clearly some sort of nerve damage causing the atrophy of his left side, you cannot reverse that no matter how much you try.
I was Team Coleman, but now his time has passed. I am looking to the future and in my eyes the future is Vic, but I would still prefer the old Ronnie over anyone. I am just being realistic... :e5dunno:

I meant no offense to Ronnie at all and I am sure that Braaq didnt either. I think we both respect and recognize him as the greatest bodybuilder that has ever lived and possibly ever will. I would love to see Ronnie at events in a cut-off showing off his legendary arms but there is no sense in throwing on posing trunks. It would be great to see ronnie and meet the man behind the legacy but guest posing should be reserved for phenomenol physiques in shape IMO.

Exactly :xyxthumbs:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I understand and respect the fact you love Ronnie, I do too! Hell I use to work out next to him and could see his passion and love for the sport first hand. But that does not mean that he should not recognize that his prime is over and with these injuries he will not get better. It is clearly some sort of nerve damage causing the atrophy of his left side, you cannot reverse that no matter how much you try.
I was Team Coleman, but now his time has passed. I am looking to the future and in my eyes the future is Vic, but I would still prefer the old Ronnie over anyone. I am just being realistic... :e5dunno:

Exactly :xyxthumbs:

i see no harm at all with him getting on stage and giving the fans what they want. when it comes to guestposing, you want the biggest and brightest name/personality to get up there and rile the crowd up. it doesn't get any better than ronnie. i'm sure he and everyone else in the crowd know he isn't what he used to be, but i doubt either of them care.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i see no harm at all with him getting on stage and giving the fans what they want. when it comes to guestposing, you want the biggest and brightest name/personality to get up there and rile the crowd up. it doesn't get any better than ronnie. i'm sure he and everyone else in the crowd know he isn't what he used to be, but i doubt either of them care.

You also never know what your talking about except your opinions and what you think but never fact based logic :tiphat:

Him guest posing is the major issue, I am responding to them saying he is going to come back and compete again. If you read further back you would see that :duh:
Also, seeing Ronnie is great but when you look the way he does I myself do not want him in posing trunks. He can come and sit at a booth and sign pics.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You also never know what your talking about except your opinions and what you think but never fact based logic :tiphat:

Him guest posing is the major issue, I am responding to them saying he is going to come back and compete again. If you read further back you would see that :duh:
Also, seeing Ronnie is great but when you look the way he does I myself do not want him in posing trunks. He can come and sit at a booth and sign pics.

what kind of fucking facts should i cite here to support my outlandish opinion that there is no harm in him guestposing here? oh i'm sorry mr MOTM i guess i should just bow down and accept your OPINION as fact :angrydude: jesus this is not the supplement section, every post in this thread is that of visual opinion.

and i did read your posts back about his structure being gone and he should not COMPETE again, and i agree. but this IS NOT him competing, this is him stepping on stage to guestpose. if you go to a show where ronnie guestposes in the future, feel free to boo while the rest of the crowd goes nuts.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn - from the front the lat and tri didn't look too bad at all but as soon as he turned round it was as apparent as ever.

Still that isn't going to change. He still loves doing what he's doing. Good on him.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff