• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Should Victor sit the Olympia out?

Should he?

• Total voters
H

H2H

maybe next time

it does not matter either way.he will not win the mr o if he does compete any ways .it will be jay again and then he will retire. victor will never win the mr o ! imo

M

musclemidget5

2009 Olympia! Hit em with a package they've never seen before! Just like Ronnie did in 2003......but with symmetry. Fuck em up Big Vic!

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes because I have tons of faith on him. But most surely no.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Let Jay get it this year and smoke him next year. Jays suppost to be in his craziest shape this year anyways

That is what every bodybuilder says every year... :e5dunno:

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would do the wait if i was him. wait till 09. there will be much more publicity and excitement that way.
if he does the O this year (or tries to anyway) theres every chance he could hurt himself and just plain show up in shitty condition. and it wont be worth the risk.

bangbang

bangbang

It's hard to say without really knowing his current condition, don't you think? But Vics the man, hope he returns at 100% soon.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i accidentally voted NO but i meant NO he should do the olympia ( my mistake ) i think he should sit out the olympia because its better to come in the 09 arnold and be in his best shape coz of all his extra time than to risk coming in poorly at the olympia....

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i also think if he cannot bring his A game because of the injury, dexter will take him easily. we've seen the improvements made on dexter and i think he will improve a bit more in time for the O...

i predict that dexter is going to start coming in heavier every year since victor took him down and phil heath is slightly less if not as good as dexter.... cant wait for the future.. bodybuilding is always changing despite all the complaining some of u ppl do, bodybuilders will continue to bring there best for us all to admire.:2:

RonWid

RonWid

i would do the wait if i was him. wait till 09. there will be much more publicity and excitement that way.
if he does the O this year (or tries to anyway) theres every chance he could hurt himself and just plain show up in shitty condition. and it wont be worth the risk.

I was just thinking this..

Bodybuilderdk

Bodybuilderdk

Unfortunatly, i don't think that he will be able to return at 100%, i mean your asking him to come in better then before and thats after this injury, he should seriously sit this one out and come for the arnold 09, because its only going to bring his momentum down if from being 2nd he dropped any lower simply cuz he couldn't come in proper, he should keep coming in the way he has which has been fairly consistant just getting drier and drier, if he waits he can recover, and with no pressure return at 09. I hope he chooses the best deciscion for him and not just pressured or obligated to do the O if hes going to make a bad showing. Best of luck vic..

J

juicyjuce

I saw him at the Arnold and he was on crutches. He was still having a slightly hard time getting up stairs. He is in the recovery stage now and he still has about 8 months until the Olympia. The rest probably did him more good that not, but it takes an injury (that nobody wants) to sit a person down and realize it. He has plenty of time to get his size and then some. Just look at Levrone.

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I said yeah b/c I want to see him in it. May to the Olympia is a good time to get lots of training in. I think he can do it, if not then 2009:ugh:

jdowden87

jdowden87

well, jay wins even though his legs are two different sizes...:dunnodude:

tp_88

tp_88

Depends on when he can start hitting som decent weights on legday. But i doubt he'll win it this year anyway. Maybe he would be best of skipping the Olympia and go for Arnold in 2009!?

Cutsjr

Cutsjr

It may not be as good of an Olympia without him, but if I was Vic I would wait it out and heal up. He will have plenty of opportunities in his career to try for the title. His health is first and foremost in the importance and longevity of his career. He needs to be at 100% for the O, and I don't think he will be for this year. That's just my my opinion though. :tiphat:

V

volmari

No mr O this year, he cant be 100%... if he isnt 100% then its jayX3. Wolf cant make enough improvement to his back one year