• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Squats

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim I wouldnt go as far as saying they suck. Power I would do whatever feels the best and what you feel the most in your legs. I never did squats cause I never felt them. And I think my avatar shows that my legs arent bad at all being that pic was taken at 17 years old. Doing the exercise your muscle feels the most is so underated. Many people take the advice and do exercises based on what people say they should do. Honestly do every leg exercise possible and then choose the ones you felt wrking the muscle.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim I wouldnt go as far as saying they suck.
Tim the legend said:
Smith machine is not an option. Foot placement relative to the bar either increases the shear forces at the knee as the foot goes further forward (the position that would have least back shear), or 1000x shear at the hip as the feet get closer to under the bar (hip will translate to the low back). Either option is cutting off your nose to spite your face.
:dunnodude: What part doesn't suck? Natural bar movement allows minimisation of the deleterious forces on the body, smith machine amplifies them.

I don't disagree that there a lot of options on exercises and dependant on body structure some will suit you more or less for development. But smith machines (and a lot of other machines for that matter) are really poor options when you look at the list available.

P

power

Once again guys thanks for all your input, your insight has been of great value to me in adding modifications to my training and because of that I look forward to a lot of new growth.