• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

stage color advice

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
for some reason the NPC has banned dream tan for all those who don't know. it's like the first thing in bold on one of my forms so they really don't want it, i think it says you'll be DQ'd if you do use it :dunnodude:

Sounds weird.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ i know. i believe it has something to do with very messy application. it supposedly leaves a huge mess and they don't want to deal with it backstage i guess. but yeah it is a definate no no for this show.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ i know. i believe it has something to do with very messy application. it supposedly leaves a huge mess and they don't want to deal with it backstage i guess. but yeah it is a definate no no for this show.

Well that's not true and it gives a really good color.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should apply protan with a small sponge roller. You can get these at paint departments. They come with a tray perfect for containing the fluid.

I honestly can't imagine the mess that hand-application would leave :49: I'd never do that.

3 coats I would say is sufficient for a dude with laborer genes such as yourself. Get two bottles to be sure not to run dry.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should apply protan with a small sponge roller. You can get these at paint departments. They come with a tray perfect for containing the fluid.

I honestly can't imagine the mess that hand-application would leave :49: I'd never do that.

3 coats I would say is sufficient for a dude with laborer genes such as yourself. Get two bottles to be sure not to run dry.

thanks. that paint store applicator sounds like a great idea. that's the consensus i'm getting that about 3 coats should be fine. i have a question though, about how many coats does one bottle of say jan tana yield?

btw what does that mean? i'm 1/2 greek, 1/4 french and 1/4 mexican, i take it your referring to the color i get from the little bit of mexican in me? calling them "laborer genes" is kinda a little bit jabby there bro. i take no offense to that though, mainly because i have no pride what so ever in the little bit of me that is mexican, i just like the color it gives me.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks. that paint store applicator sounds like a great idea. that's the consensus i'm getting that about 3 coats should be fine. i have a question though, about how many coats does one bottle of say jan tana yield?
Never used that stuff so I can't really say. Everybody in my country uses protan.

btw what does that mean? i'm 1/2 greek, 1/4 french and 1/4 mexican, i take it your referring to the color i get from the little bit of mexican in me? calling them "laborer genes" is kinda a little bit jabby there bro. i take no offense to that though, mainly because i have no pride what so ever in the little bit of me that is mexican, i just like the color it gives me.
Lighten up man. I'm pulling your leg. Stop taking yourself so seriously :wutyousay:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's your call, but I'd strongly recommend having someone wear a latex glove, spray the area a few times and rub it in. Just stand in a bathtub when you do it and it's not messy at all. It's necessary for getting an even tan, especially in areas where you have muscle separation, or indentation (the arm pits are a good example of this, once you cut water they will cave in).

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's your call, but I'd strongly recommend having someone wear a latex glove, spray the area a few times and rub it in. Just stand in a bathtub when you do it and it's not messy at all. It's necessary for getting an even tan, especially in areas where you have muscle separation, or indentation (the arm pits are a good example of this, once you cut water they will cave in).

The sponge roller leaves the coat totally even, is really fast and easy to work with and can be done anywhere without leaving a mess (who has a bathtub anyway these days :49:). It's not a problem getting the color into all the fissures either.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey thank you IS and Tunen you guys have been very helpful. i think i might give both methods a try and see which works best for me.

oh and tunen i wasn't like mad or anything, at first i was confused as to what that meant. it's hard to tell what someone's tone is on here sometimes that's why i misunderstood your statement.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The sponge roller leaves the coat totally even, is really fast and easy to work with and can be done anywhere without leaving a mess (who has a bathtub anyway these days :49:). It's not a problem getting the color into all the fissures either.

fair enough, I only ever used gloves, both with my competition, and prepping others. I was always led to believe it was much more precise.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fair enough, I only ever used gloves, both with my competition, and prepping others. I was always led to believe it was much more precise.

Tunen sponge rolled me several times. :gaygay:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ wow, really? that's a sensible line of thougt to you? shit if i haven't got my color yet what else haven't i done? i've received plenty of input from others, color is my last step. i have been tanning and i am pretty dark, however i am not familiar with using tanning products and that's why i asked for input. way to contribute nothing except an idiotic thought process.
You're the one asking for advice on something you should have already done and had knowledge about.:dunnodude: Don't come the smartarse with me just because you're not ready. I hope you do well, I hope you get your colour right, but your original question logically suggests you haven't got all your bases covered.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ alright, still color is usually the last thing you have set before a show, i mean backstage people are still taking care of it, it doesn't get anymore last minute than that. the question was more about the application process of tanning products because i had been unexperienced in that regard. if you would like to see the color i had for the show, go see the couple pics i have in my precontest thread.