• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Stepmill = death

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
weapon "heavy" is a relative term. someone squatting 500lbs for 10 is still using heavy weight.

thats heavy weight to someone who cant do it.

for example, i warm up with 230 for 15 reps, i dont find that heavy, someone is would be like damn thats fucking heavy. or they might say its heavy when i do 320 for 10 reps. some jack ass motherfuckers might warm up with my working set or 1rm.

its "heavy" but if you can squat it numerous times its not considered heavy. im sure the person squating it wont think so.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats heavy weight to someone who cant do it.

for example, i warm up with 230 for 15 reps, i dont find that heavy, someone is would be like damn thats fucking heavy. or they might say its heavy when i do 320 for 10 reps. some jack ass motherfuckers might warm up with my working set or 1rm

its "heavy" but if you can squat it numerous times its not considered heavy. im sure the person squating it wont think so.

weapon, i know what you're trying to say, but it's not correct. the way people like that became "jack ass motherfuckers" is from training heavy. why do you think that weight is light for them? because they're strong, why do you then think they're "jacked"? it's because they train heavy. the fact that that weight is light for them means their abilities are greater than the normal person, and thus, so is their muscular development.

and no, if someone can squat 500 for 12, 500 is still heavy. were all human, i don't care how much of a genetic freak you are. and the human frame does not readily handle a 500lb squat. but with training, their muscles grow, and they develop they're abilities and muscle growth insues.

that's nature and what muscle growth is to begin with, adaptation and growth.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
weapon, i know what you're trying to say, but it's not correct. the way people like that became "jack ass motherfuckers" is from training heavy. why do you think that weight is light for them? because they're strong, why do you then think they're "jacked"? it's because they train heavy. the fact that that weight is light for them means their abilities are greater than the normal person, and thus, so is their muscular development.

and no, if someone can squat 500 for 12, 500 is still heavy. were all human, i don't care how much of a genetic freak you are. and the human frame does not readily handle a 500lb squat. but with training, their muscles grow, and they develop they're abilities and muscle growth insues.

that's nature and what muscle growth is to begin with, adaptation and growth.

those jacked motherfuckers are on a different level then they were, 1rm is heavy if its 10-15 reps its not heavy. you guys still dont understand me.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your not putting up an arguement tho, your just basically saying that, "im right your wrong".

Actually I did, I gave you a very simple/brief answer before... you clearly just chose to ignore it which is why you are not learning anything. You can approach this sport with the most simplistic mindset such as yourself, but you will work much harder and probably not go as far as you could if you tried to understand how and why things work. But then again, if I give a more drawn and detailed answer than the one you chose to ignore would you understand it enough for it to click? That is the real conundrum.

one rep=heavy weight.

if you do 12-15 reps it isnt heavy.

So with that logic, me squatting 500lbs for 10 is not heavy? You clearly were not getting bigger when lifting heavy because you trained with single reps or like a powerlifter, you will gain some size.. but not if your volume isn't high enough. Now we are seeing where you logic is flawed...

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironslave and Braaq 1
Duality and Weapon 0

:xmaswiggle:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironslave and Braaq 1
Duality and Weapon 0

:xmaswiggle:

ironslave and i cleared up what we meant and came to agreeance in the chat. he was speaking in terms relative to oneself whereas i was comparing lifter a to lifter b and saying the larger muscles equal greater performance doesn't always ring true.

sad that you always view things as one winning and one losing. a more intelligent way to look at it would be viewing it as we came to a agreeance through clarification of what we were saying. but yes blake, award yourself 1 point, and a cupcake while you're at it.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
please don't avoid responding to my post with this. and big is a relative term.

how's this for a prime example, my chest is easily bigger than blake's, but his pressing is easily stronger than my own. our training styles are identical. explanation please.

Simple, your chest "shape" is genetically determined from birth. You naturally had a large and fully shaped chest, mine is not small but I built mine from lifting and providing a stimulus for growth. Now as I said before, strength or the amount of force a muscle can generate includes many variables such fiber type, neurological out put such as Rate Coding of your larger motor neurons (like muscles neurons grow in strength as well, it is called neural plasticity) and even a bio-mechanical advantages as well. Just to touch a few.
Your chest was naturally big, now your other body parts where not and how did you get them bigger? By lifting heavier and getting stronger (among other things). So the argument of your chest size is weak and you would figure you know that, and I know you do you just are again not giving into the fact you are wrong.

Josiah is big bro! He is 5'7" or 5'6", so his bw is up there for such a lean guy. But yes he is very strong, but for a kid who hardly eats he is big for his structure. So don't down play the fact of how much he lifts, big is a relative term. Just because he can lift almost as much as you (not me), but you can lift the weights he does for several more reps. We only see him do these outstanding lifts for low reps. Also, Josiah over trains waaaaayyyy too much and you know that as well.
Either way, I see what your saying... but Josiah is big for his structure and like me is stronger than he looks.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ironslave and i cleared up what we meant and came to agreeance in the chat. he was speaking in terms relative to oneself whereas i was comparing lifter a to lifter b and saying the larger muscles equal greater performance doesn't always ring true.

sad that you always view things as one winning and one losing. a more intelligent way to look at it would be viewing it as we came to a agreeance through clarification of what we were saying. but yes blake, award yourself 1 point, and a cupcake while you're at it.

Funny you bring up maturity and intelligence when you are never able to admit when your wrong. You are wrong in this case and you still disagree with IS and I who know way more than you. If you are out of your league then give in, it is ok to admit when you are wrong. I do all the time, ask IS or even tim... hell ask KM I have conceded to being proved wrong. You NEVER have, which is what some kids that know you say is a result of you being prepped at UHS :keke:
I never admit to being wrong to you because you have not proven me wrong. You just have very basic and simplistic retorts that a ten year old can come up with and continue to argue. Yeah... much more mature and intelligent :49:.... sarcasm

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Braaq
Simple, your chest "shape" is genetically determined from birth. You naturally had a large and fully shaped chest, mine is not small but I built mine from lifting and providing a stimulus for growth. Now as I said before, strength or the amount of force a muscle can generate includes many variables such fiber type, neurological out put such as Rate Coding of your larger motor neurons (like muscles neurons grow in strength as well, it is called neural plasticity) and even a bio-mechanical advantages as well. Just to touch a few.
Your chest was naturally big, now your other body parts where not and how did you get them bigger? By lifting heavier and getting stronger (among other things). So the argument of your chest size is weak and you would figure you know that, and I know you do you just are again not giving into the fact you are wrong.

*sigh*.....it's always i'm right you're wrong BS with you. it's sad. did you even read my previous post? what i said is not wrong, just as what IS said, is not wrong. we weren't on the same page earlier but i now agree with his sentiment as he does with mine.

Josiah is big bro! He is 5'7" or 5'6", so his bw is up there for such a lean guy. But yes he is very strong, but for a kid who hardly eats he is big for his structure. So don't down play the fact of how much he lifts, big is a relative term. Just because he can lift almost as much as you (not me), but you can lift the weights he does for several more reps. We only see him do these outstanding lifts for low reps. Also, Josiah over trains waaaaayyyy too much and you know that as well.
Either way, I see what your saying... but Josiah is big for his structure and like me is stronger than he looks.

he is 160 something pounds blake at around 5'8......that's not "big". don't get me wrong he has a exceptional physique, but he isn't big. roy is big. either way again my point with him was don't think he isn't strong just because he's not overly muscular, that was the vibe i was getting from tim and IS's earlier posts. size compared to other individuals means nothing in terms of how much they can lift, but size gains relative to oneself most certainly do.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Funny you bring up maturity and intelligence when you are never able to admit when your wrong. You are wrong in this case and you still disagree with IS and I who know way more than you. If you are out of your league then give in, it is ok to admit when you are wrong. I do all the time, ask IS or even tim... hell ask KM I have conceded to being proved wrong. You NEVER have, which is what some kids that know you say is a result of you being prepped at UHS :keke:
I never admit to being wrong to you because you have not proven me wrong. You just have very basic and simplistic retorts that a ten year old can come up with and continue to argue. Yeah... much more mature and intelligent :49:.... sarcasm

seriously did you not just read what i wrote? James and I cleared up what we meant, neither was wrong. I AGREE WITH HIM, which.....guess what blake, TRANSITIVELY MEANS I AGREE WITH YOU!!!! holy shit!!! that's crazy! as stated before, i misunderstood his (and tim's) initial point.

you're acting like a child. "i'm right, you're wrong", keep this bullshit to yourself, i'm done playing little games and getting insulting over it. if you noticed (which i'm sure you didn't, that head is lodged in there pretty good) creator and myself, and IS and myself, TALKED IT OUT AND CAME TO A COMMON GROUND. PLEASE LEARN TO DO THE SAME AS I'M ALMOST CERTAIN YOU ARE BETTER THAN THIS. if you need "proof", then go to the chat log and go back a page and go back a page in this thread to creator's post.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he is 160 something pounds blake at around 5'8......that's not "big". don't get me wrong he has a exceptional physique, but he isn't big. roy is big. either way again my point with him was don't think he isn't strong just because he's not overly muscular, that was the vibe i was getting from tim and IS's earlier posts. size compared to other individuals means nothing in terms of how much they can lift, but size gains relative to oneself most certainly do.

No one is disagreeing with that, I said size is relative. But to say that lifting heavy does not build muscle is false. I don't know where the wires are getting crossed here :xmashsughdunno:
Maybe before you don't get "their vibe" you should ask questions before disagreeing. You couldn't come up with anything with what I said other than "I am right and your wrong BS", when you are wrong you are wrong. I don't know what to tell you.
The arguments: being big doesn't necessarily make you strong - I answered that
Lifting heavy doesn't build muscle - IS and I answered that...

What else? :xmashsughdunno:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
seriously did you not just read what i wrote? James and I cleared up what we meant, neither was wrong. I AGREE WITH HIM, which.....guess what blake, TRANSITIVELY MEANS I AGREE WITH YOU!!!! holy shit!!! that's crazy! as stated before, i misunderstood his (and tim's) initial point.

you're acting like a child. "i'm right, you're wrong", keep this bullshit to yourself, i'm done playing little games and getting insulting over it. if you noticed (which i'm sure you didn't, that head is lodged in there pretty good) creator and myself, and IS and myself, TALKED IT OUT AND CAME TO A COMMON GROUND. PLEASE LEARN TO DO THE SAME AS I'M ALMOST CERTAIN YOU ARE BETTER THAN THIS. if you need "proof", then go to the chat log and go back a page and go back a page in this thread to creator's post.

I read it, I answered a question and you took it as me being "right or wrong". I saw you came to common ground, I just answered your question about our chest sizes and about Josiah.... am I missing something here? :xmashsughdunno:
Maybe it is your attitude of how you answer questions and throw around answers that ticks me off. Or how you argue when not right... this is my issue of why I "attack" you in threads. It is also why I have been distancing myself from training with you in the gym. There is not getting through to you, you think what you think is right and will not concede. We have to come to common ground for you to agree, you can never just admit "Oh you know what your right" I have done that with you when proved wrong, but you have done that in person. I am told by others in the gym it is because you are young... but I just cannot take it. It makes me.... like this! And I am normally not like this!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I read it, I answered a question and you took it as me being "right or wrong". I saw you came to common ground, I just answered your question about our chest sizes and about Josiah.... am I missing something here? :xmashsughdunno:
Maybe it is your attitude of how you answer questions and throw around answers that ticks me off. Or how you argue when not right... this is my issue of why I "attack" you in threads. It is also why I have been distancing myself from training with you in the gym. There is not getting through to you, you think what you think is right and will not concede. We have to come to common ground for you to agree, you can never just admit "Oh you know what your right" I have done that with you when proved wrong, but you have done that in person.

hmm you don't see the "issue" here? talking shit about what high school i come from and labeling myself wrong and a knowitall (which i don't fully deny, but let's not fool ourselves Mr. Pot) without fully understanding what i myself said. i can feel the condesceningness just oozing from you. what's funny is we never have any kind of arguements/debates like this (unless you consider whether or not gay's should be allowed to wed a right/wrong issue, i wouldn't be surprised) in the gym. in here you troll my posts and needlessly start petty shit out of no where.

I have done that with you when proved wrong

I never admit to being wrong to you because you have not proven me wrong

i can't think of a smiley that accurately sums this up

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i can't think of a smiley that accurately sums this up

You don't need a smiley face... I can give you one word: Typo :xmaswiggle:

You try to pull it off by coming to a common ground and saying we or I misunderstand what your saying. I see past your ploy, you cannot give exact answers because you don't know them. You give very broad generalizations and assumptions to argue with. Then when arguing/debating you bring it to common ground because when you make broad generalizations that is very easy to do because you never really say anything precise. So this way you never have to concede that you are wrong and didn't know what you are talking about. It is an effective way to debate, but it isn't going to win you anything when you are always have to come to common ground. I use to do it with my parents and so I can see it coming from you. Which is why I call you out on your bullshit, because that is what your full of. I just know you well enough personally compared to the others to call you out :xmaswiggle:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
typo = misspelling of a word. not two confliciting sentiments sad within 10 minutes of each other.

whatever, now i'm succumbing to petty shit too. i'm dropping this. why you are so chill in real life and an epic anal troll on the net is beyond me. i'm glad the internet isn't such serious business otherwise i'd be really pissed right now.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ive always been to the gym dressed up in .. my attire

usually jeans, or denim shorts, boots or shoes. regular shirt etc
as of now at this fancy gym where all the "goody two shoes" go, i get looks
people walking near me saying shit, got this dude said "whered u get ur clothes wal-mart?"
i dont even have to acknowledge their existence, they are all the same, i go up stairs
its like the twilight zone ,everyones dressed almost alike, and im a soar thumb in the crowd.
i look better than most though, even guys who are bigger than me look at me like "how the hell.."etc
especially when i do biceps, they dont understand.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
please don't avoid responding to my post with this. and big is a relative term.

how's this for a prime example, my chest is easily bigger than blake's, but his pressing is easily stronger than my own. our training styles are identical. explanation please.

Because benching involves more than just the chest. Triceps, shoulders, back and even legs all play a role in benching as does the chest.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Guys on topic please stepmill = death santaton

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Justin Harris is an animal

My gym has one of these I'm going to give it a try thanks IS.

Last edited by a moderator: