• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tallest skyscraper in the world almost done

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What a pointless construction.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Daniel, your graphs arn't accurate.

The Petronas towers are taller than the Sears tower and are certainly not the same size as the Empire State Building. The Taipei is also far taller than the Sears tower.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They guys building that thing must have nerves of steal. I could not do it, it seems like Dubai has a new hobby of building ridiculous skyscrapers.

Dubai currently makes good money off the sale of oil, but with a considerable amount of foresight the Prince of Dubai has planned ahead for when the oil runs out, tourists. He wants Dubai to be THE destination in the world to travel to for fun and culture. I think this was great foresight on the part of their government. The oil boom/bust cycle really screws with a countries economy, so kudos to Dubai for seeing past it.

There are several taller buildings in the early stages from what i am told.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Daniel, your graphs arn't accurate.

The Petronas towers are taller than the Sears tower and are certainly not the same size as the Empire State Building. The Taipei is also far taller than the Sears tower.

In these charts the antennas are counted aswell..so they are accurate

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nah, unless their foreign policy is like America's I don't see this happening.

Sure it could happen. Alot of Saudi's fuckin hate the Royal Family, and even though Dubai is in the United Arab Emirates, I could still see pissed off locals wanting to take shots at it. Not to mention all the goddamn South Asian slave labor that went into building it.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In these charts the antennas are counted aswell..so they are accurate

Huh? Antennas are always "counted." How can you say the chart is accurate when the Patronas towers are much shorter than the Sears tower?

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001338.html

See, notice how the Petronas towers are both taller than the Sears tower, yet in your chart the top of their antennas barely reach the start of the Sears towers' antennas. The Tapei is over 200 feet taller than the Sears tower, but on your chart the Sears tower is taller.

Both United States buildings (Sears and Empire State Building) are far too big in the chart. None of them are actually accurate though, in fact, those charts are never accurate.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just for the record, the sears tower's antennas isn't counted, which is why it seems out of proportion. Heights are only counted on "original structure" -the sears tower antenna was added later, so it doesn't count.

In fact, the Sears Tower has FLOORS higher than Taipei 101.

(As a former Chicagoan, I used to argue building heights all the time. Not to mention my old man is an architect.)

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking at that picture, the Sears Tower looks taller, again, because you're counting the antenna. The antenna's on the petronas and taipei tower are considered taller, BECAUSE THE ANTENNAS WERE PART OF THE ORIGINAL STRUCTURE. I suspect the picture is in scale.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Then explain why the Empire State Building and the Petronas Towers are the same height on the chart.

I can't believe you all still think this chart is to scale. Look at other charts, they're always all over the place in inaccuracy; this one is no different. Face it, it's NOT accurate.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
after they finish building that, maybe that can come to America and help build us a new World Trade Center......since apparently NYC doesn't give a shit about it. :wutyousay:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
after they finish building that, maybe that can come to America and help build us a new World Trade Center......since apparently NYC doesn't give a shit about it. :wutyousay:

true story :49:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was just saying I don't think it's waaaaaaay off. The top floor of the Sears Tower is higher that the top floor of Taipei 101, in reality.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
burjtalltower-1.jpg

Al Burj has been resized again to 1,400 meters and renamed to Tall Tower. The giant tower is going to get built in the Jebel Ali area as the centerpiece of Ibn Battuta Mall close to the Jumeirah Lake Towers and the Jumeirah Islands. There is no rendering of the Tall Tower yet, but take a look at the comparison diagram above. Watch THIS spectacular work by Pierre Forgeat that shows the construction stages of Burj Dubai accompanied by some renders and construction photos, and a comparison with the Eiffel Tower in the end, great stuff.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Burj Dubai area

BurjDubaiEmaar-1.jpg

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Okay, this "tall tower" is going to be absurdly huge. It will make the Empire State Building look like a little baby.

I added lines that show just how tiny both of the WTC's and the ESB measure up.

Ridiculous.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Basically, the "tall tower" is going to be almost 4x the size of the Empire State Building.

Isn't that crazy!?

:eek:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Yes, thats really crazy..I dont understand why they need a tower that big in the first place. Even Burj Dubai is unnecessary...I mean its not like they lack space around there in Dubai..its a big desert. They could have built millions of smaller houses but its more prestige to have the tallest building in the world obviously.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, thats really crazy..I dont understand why they need a tower that big in the first place. Even Burj Dubai is unnecessary...I mean its not like they lack space around there in Dubai..its a big desert. They could have built millions of smaller houses but its more prestige to have the tallest building in the world obviously.

Yes, it is obviously for attention.

Like you said, there's far from a lack of space in that area. It's not like it's in New York City where space is a concern.