• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Most Hardcore Thing You've Ever Done in the Gym.

Cork

Cork

Dead hang chinups; 3 reps with 26kgs tagged on at ~90kg bodyweight. I did that a long time ago too, I'm sure I can do more now.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't really define anything I do as "hardcore". I just go in there, train intensely and with a purpose. However, I get several stares when I do my weighted sled sprints. Doing sprint after sprint with over 20kg dragging behind you resulting in me looking like I am about to die and breathing extremely hard only to begin more sprints is always a joy to do.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I find that lifting moderate weight with super sets, drop sets, etc are a lot more taxing mentally and physically then lifting heavy weight for low reps.

I'm not sure what the most hardcore thing I ever did was but a few weeks back I did this giant set 4 times over...

Leg Presses: 15 reps
Walking lunges: 15 reps each leg (30 steps)
Leg Extensions: 15 reps

No rest inbetween the exercises and when I finished each giant set I would only give myself about a minute or so to break. It was brutal.

I did a super set of Leg Pressing into Smith front squats two weeks ago, and that was also extremely hard.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ Super sets, drop sets, and giant sets are intense!

You're not meant to shag inanimate objects.

The people who invented the FleshLight didn't get the memo.

When i was 19 a guy i knew was training me for a leg session. I was on the leg press and i did 7 plates (on each side) for 15 reps, dropped it to 5 plates for 25 reps and then dropped it to 3 plates for 25 reps. I had no rest in between sets and it was the most intense training i did, that was one out of 5 exercises i did that day. It was hellish, im not particularly strong now and i was much weaker then. I would see some bodybuilding videos here and there and i would think to myself "why arent they training as hard as i am?". I would do mad drop sets and super sets every single leg session... it was really taxing on my CNS *insert dizzy smiley*... Whenever i trained, i aimed to attain that feeling again, extreme failure... May not have been the best way to train but it was freakishly intense for me. I felt like this without the puking and complaining.

Last edited:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Super sets, drop sets, and giant sets are intense!

The people who invented the FleshLight didn't get the memo.

When i was 19 a guy i knew was training me for a leg session. I was on the leg press and i did 7 plates (on each side) for 15 reps, dropped it to 5 plates for 25 reps and then dropped it to 3 plates for 25 reps. I had no rest in between sets and it was the most intense training i did, that was one out of 5 exercises i did that day. It was hellish, im not particularly strong now and i was much weaker then. I would see some bodybuilding videos here and there and i would think to myself "why arent they training as hard as i am?". I would do mad drop sets and super sets every single leg session... it was really taxing on my CNS *insert dizzy smiley*... Whenever i trained, i aimed to attain that feeling again, extreme failure... May not have been the best way to train but it was freakishly intense for me. I felt like this without the puking and complaining.

I'm sure the Fleshlight people would still prefer to shag a real chick.

On the drop sets, etc. I remember the first couple of years in the gym that I was doing the standard split training. I used to drive a manual car and one time I remember not being able to get out of the parking lot at the gym because my legs were shaking that much from the workout. Another time I battled to get down the stairs at the gym because my legs were so fried. This was all 1/4 squats, leg presses and leg extensions. Years later I added more size to my legs in a few months than I did in that entire period of training, just with 10 sets of 3 full squats. It was a weightlifting "leg strength lagging" program. There is hard work and then there is stupid work, guess which one is which.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Almost passing out after a hyouge PR on deadlifts. Sat on the floor for a minute then I got up and did goodmornings. No, i'm not the baddest mofo out there.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
23x120kg DL followed by spending 15 minutes catching breath and vommeting

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Dropping a bar with 260kg from waist height onto a wooden floor

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Don't you mean throwing it down?

Because that shit is hardcore!

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dressed up in my girlfriends dress to do an all out leg trainig because I lost a fricking bet. Pretty hardcore I still carry that weight on my back since I have to hear it at least once a month for the past year now fuuuuuuuu!

B

bigbenmarch

probably making up a stupid exercise with a friend one day leg training. for every kilo we had on the leg press we did a rep for it. needless to say after we reached 7plates a side walking was an issue.

that and challenging myself to do 1000reps a month ago on leg training. 200 squats/dead/press/front squats, 100 hammy curls/extension. legs were pumped like balloons but found it hard to walk/sit on the toilet for a week.

ironfreak

ironfreak

Deep Squats 4 reps for 140kg (308.6 lbs) when i stepped out of gym i fell off stairs !