• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Official Book Thread

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Ghost Writer (originally released as The Ghost in 2007)- Robert Harris
I was really drawn into this thriller. It really kept you involved and interested, despite the sparsity of actual plot points. Very well constructed, but I felt it was let down by the ending. The ending of the film sounds like they got it right.
477e6e3175a47_Harris,%20The%20GhostWEB.jpg

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Whole Truth - David Baldacci
Really not sure what to think about this book, I'm really in two minds. Overall the book was decent, but there were some really sloppy bits of writing in this that were just pathetic. For example the character has his shirt cut off to look for a wire, then the next paragraph has him buttoning up his shirt again, and then later in that scene his shirt is ripped in a fight, but is miraculously described as only bloodied mere moments later. This is just not at the level of a professional writer.

wholetruth-1.jpg

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Haven't updated this in a while, so I'll just add what I've read the last week or two.

Subterranean - James Rollins
Not bad, fast paced, interesting concept. Just felt a little empty in the ending, which is typical for first novels.
n5368-1.jpg

Last Witness - Jilliane Hoffman
This was only ok. It spent too large a section bogged down in lawyerese, etc. Over all decent story, and a reasonably original take on the witness themed plot.
n132021-1.jpg

The Alexandria Link - Steve Berry
Decent thriller that kept me churning along. Very much like Dan Brown in style and themes.
n184183-1.jpg

Dead Men - Stephen Leather
Pretty decent thriller. Only complaint was that it felt like it was a bit generic.
n241130-1.jpg

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Speaking of books, i need to fill my epic 4g with some...

M

MissPotato

I recently reread the Great Gatsby, and made me realize how much the 2013 film version sucked. It was too much about the glamour and dazzle that it compromised the main idea of the story. I like the simpler 2000 movie version better.

DomDom

DomDom

Check out Peter Lynch's trio of books Learn to Earn, One up on Wall Street and beating the Street!
If you want to learn something about investing in stocks and have some laughs they are definitively the books you should check out. I learned alot and it made me start exploring the subject and making some dough :D

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
The last book I read was called Soldat, reflections of a German soldier. It was about a German soldier that fought in WW2 from the start all the way to the end in Berlin where he was taken prisoner by the Russians. He was one if the few that survived the entire thing.

Great read and a unique perspective. He wrote a journal through the entire thing.

T

Tommy

A favourite film of mine is fight club.
Im only getting around to reading the book now.
Il let you know how it turns out

R

rz3300

Banned
Classics of western philosophy and Lifes ultimate questions An introduction to Philosophy

Well that is certainly something that would interest me, although also something that might go right over my head. It immediately reminds me of my experiences with philosophy classes college, and I certainly struggled, but at the same time enjoyed them tremendously. They are not easy reads, that is for sure, but they are incredibly interesting and the implication are endless. I would have to prepare myself, but I would not mind looking a little more into these and others like it. I just need to prepare to think in circles and drive myself a little crazy, which I do like.

kadri

kadri

Vanishing Act by Jodi picoult - it's good, just need to find more time to read it!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love Sidney Sheldon and Danielle Steel. There are other authors I read too.

As long as the story interests me I would read any well written work.