• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The official Studying thread

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm doing an online test that I haven't even studied for...

I'm glad there's no time limit.

Anybody know much about Rousseau and Durkheim?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
hahaha i learned a bit about durkheim a couple weeks ago... dont know much though :D

I hate learning things in my nutrition subject that oppose things ive learned through bodybuilding. LIKE apparently Brown rice is a High GI food and should be eaten sparingly :jerkoff1:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Result: 7/10

Its an ok mark but I'm not entirely pleased with it. I would have been happier with 8 or 9, I thought I really understood those questions.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
hahaha i learned a bit about durkheim a couple weeks ago... dont know much though :D

I hate learning things in my nutrition subject that oppose things ive learned through bodybuilding. LIKE apparently Brown rice is a High GI food and should be eaten sparingly :jerkoff1:

Maybe they're implying that it is a high GI food compared to an extremely low non-carb GI food. Whereas we compare it to white rice which is relatively much higher. Remember as bodybuilders we hold carbs in much higher esteem than your average weight-watching skeleton. Technically all carbs are going to be high GI, that's why they're the best source of energy.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My man Skeptic said:
Maybe they're implying that it is a high GI food compared to an extremely low non-carb GI food. Whereas we compare it to white rice which is relatively much higher. Remember as bodybuilders we hold carbs in much higher esteem than your average weight-watching skeleton. Technically all carbs are going to be high GI, that's why they're the best source of energy.
GI is not really useful in practice is the problem. I mean chocolate is low GI.:hsughr:

GI is a relative scale that looks at relative absorbtion of glucose into the blood stream over time. The difference in time between high GI and low GI is surprisingly small, especially when compared to digestion rates of meals. Then the real kicker; GI can be thrown out once you combine sources, let alone macros, like in say a meal made up of more than one type of food :methman:

I don't know why it still gets referred to at all. SI (satiety index) has been shown to be more useful.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
GI is not really useful in practice is the problem. I mean chocolate is low GI.:hsughr:

GI is a relative scale that looks at relative absorbtion of glucose into the blood stream over time. The difference in time between high GI and low GI is surprisingly small, especially when compared to digestion rates of meals. Then the real kicker; GI can be thrown out once you combine sources, let alone macros, like in say a meal made up of more than one type of food :methman:

I don't know why it still gets referred to at all. SI (satiety index) has been shown to be more useful.

Yeah she got into a bit of satiety as well.. but i was just sitting there listening to all this just goin 'what the fuckis she on'

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i am studying the effects of slowly getting drunk off wine while listening to my auntie and dad argue

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Speaking of studying ill be heading back to college on thursday the 21 :crymeariver:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PhD nice:xyxthumbs: What type of work do you do?
I refer to it as dogsbody; a little bit of this, little bit of that.

Work in a government research and development organisation and I seem to bounce from topic to topic.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
School's starting in like, a week. :no:
The only thing I studied all summer is how to smoke myself retarded every day and party every weekend like crazy...It was a good curriculum. :xyxthumbs:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Speaking of studying ill be heading back to college on thursday the 21 :crymeariver:

I'll start thursday the 28. I pretty glad schools starts again. I need some structure, vacation is fine but there is no structure which infuence my training and diet.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll start thursday the 28. I pretty glad schools starts again. I need some structure, vacation is fine but there is no structure which infuence my training and diet.

Me 2 man ive been dieing to get back to school. Im in my dorm right now.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how can you diet while being in school? i always get in a bad mood while dieting and than school? shit i would prob. punch somebody in his mouth every day :keke:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how can you diet while being in school? i always get in a bad mood while dieting and than school? shit i would prob. punch somebody in his mouth every day :keke:

Before it was eays aall I ate was egss, protein, oatmeal,tuley and chicken and didnt teat anything bad in the dining halls. Now they changed the supplier and everythign is different and now im gonna get fat :crymeariver:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just had my first class. The teacher seems pretty cool but as usual I get screwed. Everytime I think I gotta good schedule one of my classes has this little extra meeting or online chat and a required time during the week. So now its like having the class another time duriong the week fucking everything up.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ online college FTW! lol
hey man, as long as you like it, and know your profession is needed
or, another thing.... 6-7months after graduation, and you get hired or start a career from your profession, its all good man.

im working as a over-night stocker at a giant grocery chain here, and work with this one fellow whos 34 and graduated with Criminal Justice degree, years backs and hes still living with his parents, better watch out man.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ I dont mind taking classes online but I live at a university and I hate having extra things online.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Had my intro a few days back. Monday I'm gonna start for real. I'm pretty excited to be honest