• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Steroid Journey of Sadik Hadzovic

Kayce

Kayce

VIP
Author
In the realm of bodybuilding, discussions surrounding the use of steroids often tread into taboo territory. However, professional bodybuilder Sadik Hadzovic, renowned for his impressive physique and competitive spirit, has courageously stepped into this dialogue. In a recent candid YouTube video, Hadzovic sheds light on what he refers to as the ‘dark side’ of his steroid cycle, offering a rare glimpse into the realities that accompany the pursuit of physical perfection in the sport.

Sadik Hadzovic talks about Steroids

The Journey of Sadik Hadzovic: A Recap​

Before delving into the intricacies of steroid use, it's essential to appreciate Hadzovic's journey. A stalwart in the Men's Physique category, Sadik Hadzovic boasts an illustrious career marked by notable victories, including a remarkable win at the 2022 Pittsburgh Pro and a commendable third-place finish at the New York Pro. Despite his triumphs, Hadzovic's path has been riddled with challenges, both on and off the stage.

Breaking the Silence: Sadik Hadzovic's Revelation​

In his introspective video, Hadzovic bravely confronts the stigma surrounding performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) by sharing his personal experiences. He acknowledges the discomfort associated with discussing steroids, attributing it to societal norms that vilify such conversations. Hadzovic reflects on the era of the 70s, where bodybuilders openly discussed their gear usage, contrasting it with the prevailing silence of contemporary times.

Sadik:
“My first Olympia was in 2013 I believe. So, I’ve been using anabolic steroids on and off about 20 different times, maybe 25 times, for about a three-month period at a time.

So, like to me, it’s like at the same level as like a creatine or an amino acid, it’s just man, this is so tough to talk about. People don’t talk about this shit. I even feel weird saying it because society has made it kind of like you don’t speak about it.”
I turned Pro without using anabolic steroids. I made it to Olympia without using anabolic steroids. I would only use clenbuterol which is labeled as a steroid but more so a fat burner, I think it’s an asthma medication” Hadzovic said.

“Clenbuterol was something I would take for all my photoshoots if I needed to get in shape for a magazine cover, at the time, magazines were like the shit. If you’re in a magazine you’re a fucking man. Now these days there’s not really many publications.”

Steroids as Tools: Hadzovic's Perspective​

Contrary to sensationalized portrayals, Hadzovic views steroids as tools rather than magic potions for instant muscle gain. He underscores the importance of disciplined training, emphasizing that steroids alone do not guarantee success in bodybuilding. Drawing from his own journey, Hadzovic reveals that he achieved professional status and competed at the Olympia without relying extensively on anabolic steroids, opting instead for Clenbuterol for specific needs.

Sadik:
“I’m actually very impressed with guys in the 70s because they would speak about it a lot. Although it wasn’t illegal at the time, at the time it was just like I’m talking about it now, it’s a tool.

Granted, it’s a tool but it’s not this extraordinary tool that’s going to put on 30 pounds of muscle tissue without you training hard. If you don’t have the discipline to get in shape without it, you’re definitely not going to be in shape with it.”

Navigating the Dark Side: The Harsh Realities​

Despite his achievements, Hadzovic candidly discusses the adverse effects he encountered during his steroid cycles. From debilitating panic attacks to volatile mood swings, he provides a raw glimpse into the psychological toll of PED usage. Acknowledging the 'dark side' of steroids, Hadzovic outlines his structured approach to cycling, advocating for periods of abstinence to maintain balance and mitigate potential health risks.

“The main thing was my mentality was different [from steroids] and not so much in a good way because then I started suffering from once in a while I would get panic attacks.

Once in a while, I would really get kind of either hyper-aggressive or hyper-happy. So, you’re dealing with these extreme mood swings. You’re amplifying every aspect of your being including the negative parts of yourself.”

A Call for Transparency and Education​

In a sport marred by controversies and tragedies, Hadzovic's openness serves as a beacon of transparency. By sharing his experiences, he endeavors to educate aspiring athletes and dispel myths surrounding steroid use. In an era where the pursuit of perfection often overshadows concerns for well-being, Hadzovic's narrative offers a sobering reminder of the importance of holistic health in bodybuilding.

Conclusion: Embracing Dialogue and Empowering Choices​

As Hadzovic prepares to grace the Mr. Olympia stage once again, his journey transcends mere competition, evolving into a narrative of resilience and authenticity. Through his willingness to confront uncomfortable truths, he invites a much-needed dialogue within the bodybuilding community, empowering individuals to make informed choices and prioritize their well-being above all else.