• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Worst Gym in the world!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
yea i grunt when i get my swell on at the gym, cause i want everyone to see just how jacked and tan i am

LMAO i know right?

this is absurd, i cannot beleive that shit. At my gym there is also a sign that sais no chalk and no grunting but i grunt my ass off every time i workout on the most intense sets, sometimes you cant help it when you feel like your muscles are gonna rip off your fucken bones.... and i still take chalk when i have some.

P

Pain

VIP
Little grunts are ok but when someone grunts to get attention, thats annoying. Theres no need to scream unless you're pushing monstrous amounts of weight.

Also, clanging db's on flys or presses annoys me too... then theres slamming light weights on the ground.. understandable if its heavy dbs or a loaded barbell but not when its warm up weight.

Anyone remember that part in the Craig Titus video where that guy grunts?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Planet faggness. lulz.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
planet shitness not fitness

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
planet fitness suck balls.

T

tavuthekid

gym for lazy fat bastards.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I used to be in the "Modern Gyms Suck" group.

But I've mellowed. Lets face it, they aren't gyms any more, they are fitness centres.

Fitness centres aren't made for people to lift weights, they are for old people and housewives to go to when their doctor tells them they need to exercise. I've got less issues with it now.

The issue I have is that because fitness centres predominate it lowers the standards for everyone. People who actually want to get strong or compete in lifting or BBing have either no place to go or are unaware of the serious training community.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I told Turk to watch the video....he got so frustrated that now he's pissed at me....

:49:

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I say let all the meatheads from musclemecca gather up and go to PF to grunt.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

I say let all the meatheads from musclemecca gather up and go to PF to grunt.
Yeah, GATHER ALL FOR A BACK WORKOUT WE'LL DO DEADLIFTS THILL THE GROUND COLLAPSE!!!:headbang:
Anyway, it's all cause of business and media guys.Here in Italy, especially big cities like Rome, are FULL of shitness centers, a mix of solarium, blockbuster AND gym machines, few barbells and dumbells, and that's it.Old school gyms are more rare than a virgin girl and I mean it.In my gym despite it's a normal one, no hardcore, but no pussies center, I still get looks from everybody when I do deadlifts or barbell rows.Gym now is a place to socialize, have fun, get tan, AND MAYBE, get fit.Fit means you are skinny and with visible abs.:talkhand: keep your fuckin shitness, we wanna grow, we wanna gear, we wanna grunt!!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
8thWonder

8thWonder

Ahahahaha fucking great idea, though I live in Sweden but fuckin hell I would have been totally in otherwise! SOMEONE DO SOME HEAVY DEAD FOR ME TOO OKAY? AAAAAAAAH!

Milligan41088

Milligan41088

that place should be burned to the ground....what a horrible gym

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Little grunts are ok but when someone grunts to get attention, thats annoying. Theres no need to scream unless you're pushing monstrous amounts of weight.

Also, clanging db's on flys or presses annoys me too... then theres slamming light weights on the ground.. understandable if its heavy dbs or a loaded barbell but not when its warm up weight.

Anyone remember that part in the Craig Titus video where that guy grunts?

dropping db's is supper annoying

P

power

It doesn't make sense to have that policy.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
It's a publicity stunt, and it seems to be working.

I completely agree, there is no point for an alarm. What does the alarm do? Its just people making a big ass deal over something so they can get attention and be noticed as people who dont accept bodybuilders since society feels like they are not accepted by bodybuilders at gyms. Im sure they are delighted to have the news on their nuts.

It would be hillarious if someone wore one of those fake glasses camera and worked out in there and started grunting and yelling their ass off so they can record what happens.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If we had one in our town, I would certainly fuck with it somehow.

I'm praying they get sued, really really bad.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That place is for the old and also for those that are probably emotionally insecure, those that are selfish and incompetent,..
they walk into a gym, and want to do a "workout" but push shit weight, do shit form, do too less, and too little, but when they see someone busting their ass off they complain,gripe, walk around slow, get in your way, just because A. you know what your doing. B.its all mental focus, and clarity for you. C.only way to get bigger D. cont of C, when pushing/pulling massive weight sooner or later you'll have to breath very deep, and to planet faggotry thats grunting...?

Cork

Cork

I've been to Planet Fitness. It does have an INCREDIBLE draw to 3 demographics:
1. Old Women
2. Old Women
3. Oh my god, except for the old women, it's hot girls wall to wall

I've been to one as a guest. My brother likes to work out but he is a cheap bastard and it's the only gym he can afford (He is no longer a member, luckily). Heaviest DBs are 50lbs and there are NO free barbells, only smith.

The gym is 2 parts free weights, 2 parts machines, and 6 parts ellipticals. They even have a designated area where all the machines are in circles and there is a big digital clock that counts down 1 minute at a time. It's meant for circuits, but to me it's more like a merry-go-round in hell... A big purple and yellow merry-go-round from hell.

What's really weird though... there were some jacked guys working the desk. They might work there but they obviously don't work out there, haha. And I'm not kidding about the hot chicks either...:xyxthumbs: