• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Time to get serious and put money where your mouth is.

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
Well, I just hope you'd also gladly pay your debts in case that something unpredictable happens to jay and he doesn't win...say...he's attacked by ninjas.

I'm sending my paypal address to you via PM, send me yours tomorrow and we have a deal.

Cheers, gnite.

LOL, no excuses.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok, I'll concede that for the past two years, Jay was not at his best during PJ for different reasons each year but by the Finals, both years, he was good enough to win the show and keep the title (the judges even said last year that at the finals Jay was the better bodybuilders), it happenned to Ronnie many times and somehow he kept the title even though he should have lost it at least twice if not more.

What I have a problem with is people including personal friends of Jay's discounting the guy after a couple years where he ran into challenges and tell him his best years are behind him, he's too old, his body is tired, blah blah blah...

The guys has won every contest there is to win, go 2nd to Coleman 5 times and should have beat him at least once in 2001 and possibly in 2005, won the Arnold 3 times and beat Dexter countless times. Suddenly at 36 he's too old?? Well we'll see how old he looks this year on stage!
Jay gets no respect and that's what burns me.

No way jay should have beat Coleman in 2005. And Jay got his gift in 2007 against a much better martinez.

And Max, the world is still waiting to be shocked.

As for this year, Jay will have one hell of a time beating an improved Dexter, and a vastly improved Phil Heath.

I guess we will see what the weekend has to offer. I sincerely hope everyone comes in at their all time bests, so we can have a real showdown on our hands.

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't want to "play the experts" here, but betting on a bodybuilding show is quite brave (considering the last two poorly judged professional shows)...A bet on the Olympia on a bodybuilding forum is driven by nothing but pure fanboyism, which leads to my main thought for this and any similar threads:
Nobody, I repeat NOBODY, not even Jay himself can be 100% sure in his shape at the hour of prejudging...I don't give a f**k how Jay or Phil, or anyone else looks today...Surprise or not surprise, the date is September 26th...If it was so easy, we would've never witnessed "I messed it all up in the last moment...", "I miscalculated...", blah blah blah...

Well we'll see how old he looks this year on stage!

You said it...we'll see...

P.S. I don't want to disrespect Jay, you or anyone else...

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MADMAX, I have a question, and I want you to answer honestly....

... do you think Jay deserved to beat Victor in the 07 Olympia? (keeping in mind, Jay was ahead on the score cards even after pre-judging).

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
No way jay should have beat Coleman in 2005. And Jay got his gift in 2007 against a much better martinez.

And Max, the world is still waiting to be shocked.

As for this year, Jay will have one hell of a time beating an improved Dexter, and a vastly improved Phil Heath.

I guess we will see what the weekend has to offer. I sincerely hope everyone comes in at their all time bests, so we can have a real showdown on our hands.

Ok based on your opinion, when did Ronnie get his gifts?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The only year that Ronnie couldve lost was 2002, that's it.

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
I don't want to "play the experts" here, but betting on a bodybuilding show is quite brave (considering the last two poorly judged professional shows)...A bet on the Olympia on a bodybuilding forum is driven by nothing but pure fanboyism, which leads to my main thought for this and any similar threads:
Nobody, I repeat NOBODY, not even Jay himself can be 100% sure in his shape at the hour of prejudging...I don't give a f**k how Jay or Phil, or anyone else looks today...Surprise or not surprise, the date is September 26th...If it was so easy, we would've never witnessed "I messed it all up in the last moment...", "I miscalculated...", blah blah blah...

You said it...we'll see...

P.S. I don't want to disrespect Jay, you or anyone else...

You are right, it all comes down to show day, that's what matters.
All I will say is this. I have known Jay personnally since 2003.
I have never seen him looking the way he does this year.
Kevin Horton who shot him for Flex magazine 20 days out from the show said and I quote "The people that think that we have seen the best of Jay are sadly mistaken, They have never seen the best of Jay, this year they will"
Kevin is one of the top photographer in the industry and has been one of the best for decades. If he says that, it means a lot more than if I say it.
Nothing will go wrong this year and Jay will prove everyone that a great Champion can fall but also can always get back up and win again.

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
The only year that Ronnie couldve lost was 2002, that's it.

BS, 2002 he should have lost to Kevin and Jay kicked his ass by a lead of 6 points after the PJ. Ron should have lost to Jay in 2001 as well.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay me come in his best, but so will heath, dexter, wolf, victor, kai....so its a toss up

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
MADMAX, I have a question, and I want you to answer honestly....

... do you think Jay deserved to beat Victor in the 07 Olympia? (keeping in mind, Jay was ahead on the score cards even after pre-judging).

I actually think that If Victor would have been ahead in points after the PJ, I would have not been surprised but by the time the Finals came, Jay was the better bodybuilder and since he was the champ, he won. That's usually how it goes. Victor was not superior enough to take the title, they were close so Jay won.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BS, 2002 he should have lost to Kevin and Jay kicked his ass by a lead of 6 points after the PJ. Ron should have lost to Jay in 2001 as well.

Jay didn't compete in 2002 :umwtf:

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
No he skipped because he moved from Orange County, Ca to Vegas.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok based on your opinion, when did Ronnie get his gifts?

Ronnie got his gift in 2001, the only other really close year was 2002, but he smoked levrone from the back.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, I am a writer, so that has a lot to do with it. Because of this, I don't like to practice writing in a more casual tone, as I don't want any "sloppy" habits to carry over into my professional or academic writing. If, in the future, you are interested in what I'm writing or a point I'm trying to make but my grammar/style seems over the top, let me know. That way I can reword something to make it more clear for you. Still, you have to realize that this is the way I comfortably write and I don't think that reading something with an extra dash of intellectualism is a bad thing for anyone.

I fully support your use of correct diction. :gaysign:

I am currently at work editing a newsletter that covers a wide variety of topics from an array of authors. Any hint that the authors had even spell checked their own work, let alone read it to see if it makes sense, isn't apparent to me. I actually enjoy reading well written posts, it raises the standard and creates a distinction of actual competent and compelling contribution. Other posts that are poorly put together immediately show a lack of respect from the author to those they are communicating with, as well as a lack of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter, as they lack the ability to communicate clearly.

People who are not native English speakers, or best stated as English language communicators, I have less problem with as they will actually learn more as they become more familiar with the language. Simply put the more you try to use language correctly the better you become at using it. Dragging down standards of literacy by allowing poor language usage is a sad indictment against our progression as a society.

On topic: I don't gamble, but you must be a brave soul to assume that Jay will win this year. There hasn't been anything to suggest that Jay is more than one of three possible contenders.

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
It's not bravery when you have seen what I saw.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This thread made me depressed. Such attitude. =/

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Id be willing to put money that kai will be top 3 :icon_ninja: