• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Too Much Protein?

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Too much of anything won't help, and this includes protein. The key to the optimal workout is finding the right balance, that's the harder part!

crazed

crazed

Too much of anything won't help, and this includes protein. The key to the optimal workout is finding the right balance, that's the harder part!
well said

JiLLian

JiLLian

Too much protien can cause painful joint inflammation. A high-protein diet which is also high in red meat will increase the risk of colon cancer. It's best to have a balance diet.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

The way I see it too much protein would just be a waste, our body can't store extra protein or amino acids for future use, as a result of consuming too much calories is you would gain weight. It is advisable to have about 3 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. That means I weight 187 lbs so that's about 80kg I think, then I can consume a max of 250 grams or I/4 kilo of protein a day. Eating more than your daily dose will eventually lead to health risks, one of which is kidney problems.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The way I see it too much protein would just be a waste, our body can't store extra protein or amino acids for future use, as a result of consuming too much calories is you would gain weight. It is advisable to have about 3 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. That means I weight 187 lbs so that's about 80kg I think, then I can consume a max of 250 grams or I/4 kilo of protein a day. Eating more than your daily dose will eventually lead to health risks, one of which is kidney problems.

Well said right here. Too much or too less of something is never good, and the true challenge is to find the balance that benefits us the most.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I asked my brother-in-law who is a physician. He said that taking in excessive protein once in a while is not really harmful to the body. But taking excessive protein regularly can affect organs particularly the liver and maybe the kidneys. But if you are expending enough energy like a hard workout, the excess protein in the body will go out the natural way.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To build muscle you need a good balance or ratio as far as protein, fats, and carbs go- the breakdown should be 40 to 60% for carbs, 25 to 35% for protein, and 15 to 25% for fat.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The people who developed the term balanced diet aren't fool. They know very well the importance of feeding in the right manner, getting the required nutrients in right proportion to gave the body 100% chance to grow well.

So, no food nutrients should be consumed more often than the others, because they are all important.