• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

UK Comedy vs. US Comedy

What sort of humor do you prefer?

• Total voters
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jesus Christ!! :bitelip:

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would say it's more to do with ignorance than elitism, though you're right in saying art and media also have much to do with how a society communicates. Still, that ignorance probably stems from something other than exposure, as people are self-centered beings -- which is the nature of our perception -- and don't weigh other individuals and values as equal to their own.

I've noticed that there seems to be a relationship between people who can't understand others with an accent or lilt when they are less exposed to it. I agree there is an egotcentric nature too it, but it often seems to be about familiarity. That ability to work harder as a listener and familiarity with what they are likely to be saying and interpreting thusly.

I deal with this sort of thing at work often. People who I understand perfectly well are shunned by others as they don't have the same exposure to different cultures and languages I have had.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
both are pretty funny...British humour is definately more slick and intelligent where as american Commedy is mostly just dumb target audience of 2yo funny.

Try watching some french commedies with your mrs. oh gerard depadouuuuuu what could possibly be funnier then subtitles and some sacre slapstick. :(:(

Back on topic. Anybody watch "the peep show" i lol'd

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like the accents and the slang that both British and Aussies use.. but it also makes me laugh so does that count as UK comedies? :wutyousay:

I prefer US comedies only because I have been exposed to that more often. I find myself intrigued by the British commoner dialect, but I can't stand the aristocratic dialect. Sounds like either a retarded American or very houty touty.

tim, you had to speak slowly most likely because of your accent, pronunciation and slang words that will make it hard for anyone not from Australia to understand. Here we have Ebonics... same thing :keke:

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i like both but i like uk humour in small doses, after a while i stop laughing

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ebonics, what a joke! People who speak ebonics just need better education. Go back to school, foo! :ranter: :ihavesandinmyvagina :angrydude:

I prefer English style of comedy. I think Canada too is a bit of the same. Just check out Kids in the Hall.

The US though I find is more outrageous. Like Mad TV (early stuff was hilarious), even guys like David Chappelle, Lewis Black. It's really in your face. Ah, what the hell they're both good!

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ebonics, what a joke! People who speak ebonics just need better education. Go back to school, foo!

Not true.