• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

weight gainer

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Another problem I have with gainers are most of them are flavored with maltodextrin. Some companies prefer you to have the shakes post workout, but for me, that makes the shake off-limits throughout the day.

The specific brand really doesn't matter all that much; check the nutrition facts for the carb, protein and fat ratios that fit your needs. Also chose one with low fat and sugar. In most cases, the ones that taste awesome are because of that.

warpig

warpig

In addition to what Tim and philosopher have said;

Gainers, shakes, mixes all really should be used if you can't fit in whole food. Buy a shaker/mixer and buy grains that can be diced up. Make a shake that includes whey or casein (depending on span of time) with rolled oats, whole grain granola, mixed fruit (ones with higher fructose to glucose ratio), some nut butters like that of almond or peanuts and even some nuts depending on mixer options.

It's easier than it sounds. Set it up in the beginning of the day for when you know you'll be short of time then add water and press the button. You should have the ingredients in your diet anyway so this would be a bit more cost effective.

But if you're going to reach out to supplements instead of nutritional needs...look into ON Serious Mass. Jam packed with carbs, just probably 1/8 of it includes simple, quick insulin responsive sugars. So that's a con...more peaks and valleys with insulin the more resistant and more likeliness of fat gain to occur.

I tried On Serious mass and it tasted like complete shit. I had to add 2 bananas and vanilla ice cream and it tasted half way decent... Il just stick to eating

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can make your own weight gainer shake

Cup of oats
half a banana
1 tablespoon of yogurt
diced up mixed berrys
1 scoop of weight powder
250ml of milk

you can also add other items to it, such as scoop of BCAA and stuff.
:tiphat: