• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

weightL & PowerL belts: Diff?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One use of the belt can be a means to "remind" you to brace your trunk as you lift. If one needs this reminder then yes, a loose belt can be beneficial. My statement of a tight belt (may or may not need assistance) refers to the benefits of creating a great deal of interabdominal pressure. Your own core musculature should be sufficient in creating enough pressure within the abdomen for most lifts however, on some lifts like squat where your attempting a 4 RM or less, the effort of the lift can cause the core musculature to waiver in which case a tight belt can assist in creating pressure. I sometimes lightly pull on the back of clients shirts while they are squatting so that they feel that on there stomach and it reminds them to brace there core. I feel this is an effective method for beginners to learn muscle control but just like a loose belt, it will do nothing other than remind. I'm not saying I have proof to disagree with you, I just want to understand cuz quite honestly, I could use some education on belts.

Last edited by a moderator:
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
As Duality said, a super-tight belt is just to restrictive. Try it your self. You can create so much more inter-abdominal pressure if you train your core up to work with the belt.