• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What do you guys think about this shrug?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Well C&J also looks to be more demanding and looks like it has a more difficult technique then the other exercises you mentioned. C&J is also a multi step movement as opposed to a simple curl. Ill check out the videos.

Cork

Cork

I would also say that cleaning isn't the best for lower/ mid traps. It is a shrug type movement.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would also say that cleaning isn't the best for lower/ mid traps. It is a shrug type movement.

No not really on both accounts. But C&J is good for mid traps, less so for lower traps, although they do get involved. And it isn't a shrug movement at all. All the power is out of the movement by that stage.

Cork

Cork

I guess I mean more of a power clean type move isn't something you want to do and think you're effectively recruiting the whole trap.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ But neither do shrugs, nor many other 'best trap' exercises.

pingu

pingu

Try doing overhead shrugs:

Take a weight you could press overhead about 10 times for youre workset, you shouldent go really heavy on this (at least i've read it), hold youre pinky finger on the rings of the barbell,
Squish youre shoulders up towards youre ears, hold for 1-2sec, lower, and repeat.

OHS-1.jpg

ohs2-1.jpg

See about 3:40 in this video

Last edited by a moderator: