• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What Happened When These Bodybuilders Quit Drinking Alcohol for 30 Days

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

For 30 days in October, we quit alcohol. Here's what happened...?

Dry January, and Sober October - are just two examples of months in which people abstain from drinking for many different reasons. For us, it was to see how our fitness changed throughout the 30-day challenge. Better sleep, better workouts, and weight loss. Was it possible? We took the challenge and found out.

YouTube's Buff Dudes, a.k.a. Hudson White bodybuilding brothers Brandon and Hudson White, have taken on all kinds of diet and nutrition challenges on their channel, including going vegan and keto, intermittent fasting, and cutting out sugar. For their latest video, they document their experiences of giving up alcohol for 30 days, and the effects it has on their bodies.

At the end of the first week, Hudson is already feeling changes. "One thing I'm already very happy with is the unnecessary eating," says Hudson. "I have a really big problem that as soon as I drink, I get hungry... Not only am I having thousands of extra calories, but a lot of it is also being stored as energy and going right to my gut."

As the challenge progresses, he also finds that he is sleeping better, and feeling much more rested and recovered in general. "When I began to abstain from alcohol on Friday night, Saturday morning I was ready to go," he says. "I was well rested, my muscles were refreshed as opposed to feeling very slow and sluggish, and I got a really good night's sleep... No more 100-bathroom trips, I'm getting a much better night's sleep, and I'm feeling good to go... I do miss the snacking a little bit in addition to the beers, but I love the feeling of feeling rested and recovered."

Brandon experiences similar improvements in his sleep and is also better able to pursue his results in the gym. "You have to remind yourself why you're doing it in the first place. For me, it's the physical and mental aspects of what it can do to you. Of course, the physical being how makes you feel, how it impairs your performance, but also the extra calories you can be having... It can be extremely detrimental to your physique, but also to your mental health too."

"This is a big reminder to me how important moderation is," he adds. "Willpower is like a muscle. If you don't practice it, if you don't do it that much, it's going to be hard to contract... That was an amazing teaching tool."

While Hudson has taken up drinking again since the end of the challenge, he notes that his relationship with alcohol has changed in light of how he felt without it. "Even though I'm a moderate drinker, I might reduce my alcohol a bit more," he says. "Some of the benefits were amazing."

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Charlie
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Interesting experiment that should ope many eyes. Tx for posting.

Reactions: Charlie
Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm drinking while reading this.