• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

When do you train tris' and bi's?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends which part of the arm you are talking about. I try to target the individual heads of each of the biceps and triceps (don't bother with forearms because they aren't as important) on seperate days for maxiumum development. :31_whip:

I train movements not muscles

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I train movements not muscles

Exactly technically we all do, the motor cortex controls movements not individual muscles which is what many get confused about. We can only isolate muscles to a certain degree, but I know you know that already :tiphat:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Hence my sarcastic post. Most don't seem to realise that doing half a dozen different exercises, or individual training days for a body part is looking at things through a pretty tiny window. Like you said, you only isolate to a degree, I prefer calling it emphasis to truely encapsulate the meaning.

E.g. My back gets work from some of my hammy training, so do I do hammys with back? But then if I do hammys seperately from quads won't that mean my lower back is being hit on most of my training days and lead to injury? The list goes on.

While I have nothing against body part training programs (well not as much as I used to) it does tend to build in weak points by over emphasising some areas at the expense of others. At least by thinking of what movements are using what groups of muscles you can at least see where you are overdoing it (and possibily limiting recovery and gains as a result) and create a better balance. It also makes you realise when some muscles are over contributing to a movement and what needs to be done to counter this.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Exactly, which is why I was just elaborating.

You make some great points about how you train... would you mind giving me some examples of how you split up your movements? I know the science behind what your talking about, but never took it to that degree with my training. I like to be an efficient bodybuilder with the knowledge I have gained from my degree and from personal research so I would really appreciate it :tiphat:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ How I split up my routine..... geez. I've identified my hammys, calves, and scap retractors as weak points and my anterior delts, glutes (on some movements), lower back, and upper traps as overactive. Thus I have designed my routine around allowing my weak points to get more work through the week and my overactive points less. In the case of my lower back; I try to have only one day where low back intensive exercises reside (day1, lower body) and on the other lower body day I try to have less involvement (donkey calves, front squats or lunges, single leg stuff, etc).

The overlap of the lower body movements with upper body takes most of this into account as well (deadlifts, cleans, etc). But the big piece of the puzzle is the relative loadings. I'm doing more back work, but I need to recover, so it is slightly lower on the % of max. My knee injury means I don't ever use maximum lifts involving it. Single joint moves tend to be for tendon and ligament promotion as much as recruitments and development. They also serve as warmups to make sure muscles are doing what they should be (e.g. cuban presses to get the shoulders to retract properly).

The list goes on and on. If I wrote it all down it would look like a standard upper/lower routine with most of the work being done by the first antagonist pair of exercises.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Thanks bro :2: we have similar weakpoints and over active parts as well, so I will try to take what you just told me an incorporate it into my training regimen or start a new one.

HammerZC

HammerZC

On arms day pretty mutch, it works fine for me.

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I train chest one day, back the next (or vice versa) and then the 3rd day is my arm day (biceps and triceps on that arm day). Seems to give me good results, pumps, etc but I'm willing to try anything.

afgan-ali

afgan-ali

i luv doing bi/tri supersets after bak workouts
works best for mee becos the day befor i do shoulders/chest
sooo worksout good for me

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
arms day FTW :greddy:

MuscleMecca Crew