• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Wheres all the hype?

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some holes in ure argument there bud. Kai and Vic arent doing it. Whats wrong with Heath winning?

To be 100% honest, I don't even know who's competing this year.

And Heath shouldn't win seeing as how he has not paid his Olympia dues. He may be a great bodybuilder and have serious talent, but even Jay deserves to win more because at this point he has earned it in my eyes. Bodybuilding is a sport driven on being bigger and better, and if he is bigger and better than Jay, I'll take back everything I said. But some will argue (and I KNOW people will argue) that Heath is already better than Jay. While that may be fine and dandy to say, the truth is that Phil has come into every show with his competition's mentality hindered because of how much hype he has built up around him. He is so overhyped at this point that people don't realize that he's still a young buck in the game. Phil may have the build, but Cutler has the experiance.

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there is no hype because its still 2 months away.... PLUS we need to start seeing more pictures of the bodybuilders getting ready then people will start to fight about it...

Teiki

Teiki

And Heath shouldn't win seeing as how he has not paid his Olympia dues.
What does "paying your dues" have anything to do with how you should be placed?

Let's say someone comes in looking better than 2003 Coleman into the Atlantic City Pro, wins that, then goes on to win the Olympia... He shouldn't win because he hasn't paid his dues?

I don't know about your argument...

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

Let's say someone comes in looking better than 2003 Coleman into the Atlantic City Pro, wins that, then goes on to win the Olympia... He shouldn't win because he hasn't paid his dues?

I've got to agree there. Just because he isn't an Olympia veteran doesn't mean he shouldn't win if he deserves too.

durantb

durantb

maybe because people already know who is going to win. Second on down is up for grab.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

You obviously have not read my statement in it's entirety. Re-read what I have said, and you will understand what I am saying better. :tiphat:

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You obviously have not read my statement in it's entirety. Re-read what I have said, and you will understand what I am saying better. :tiphat:

I re-read it several times. The text is contradictory at best.

samsam

samsam

I Guess we can all be glad that Beefcake is no judge at this year's Olympia.

Other than that I agree with what's been said and what most people know by now,
the outcome of the competition is predictable.

In reality this year's Mr. Olympia is more of a handout than a competition and the only thing interesting about it is to see how much better the "greatest physique" participating is than the newcomers'.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i'm gonna go ahead and say it's becuz of all the dropouts at this years O.......a lot of bodybuilders who had a chance at a top spot or even win are out.........

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Beefcakes post has alot of holes in it and I agree paying your dues should have nothing to do with winning

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've been waiting for Braaq to chime in here haha. I'm sure he has something quite sarcastic to say about Cutler.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've been waiting for Braaq to chime in here haha. I'm sure he has something quite sarcastic to say about Cutler.

No need. A picture s worth a thousand words. I mean to think that they always even "give" him the best legs award too!

No hype = because he is "getting" the Olympia again.

Last edited by a moderator:
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's not that there is NO hype, just less.

The last Olympia was the friggin King of Hype; Ronnie wants to reclaim his crown, Jay defends his first title, and Vic and Co. biting at their heels.........

This Olympia: No Ronnie, No Vic. The two biggest contenders have dropped out. There's just less to hype with. Dennis and Dex are sharp, but aren't the percieved threat Ronnie and Vic were. So, it would seem Jay has less competition, that's all.

Personally, I hope Dex gives Jay a run for his money, and Dennis squashes everyone else.....

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no ronnie, no vic, no kai....
its jays show and hype just to see what phil gonna look like.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Okay, I'll try and say what I mean as clearly as I can:
Say someone like...I don't know, Brandon Curry enters the Olympia and wins. No matter how good he looks, wouldn't some questions be raised? People would be talking about it left and right in the bodybuilding community. Why should Phil not be treated the same way? Sure, he may have won every contest he entered, save for the ASC's he competed in, but he's never competed in the Olympia. So why should he win, when there are veterans that have looked great for quite some time now (i.e. - Dexter Jackson) and have not won. Like I said, nothing against Heath, I think he's an amazing bodybuilder, but there are others who (potentially) deserve it more.

Just my opinion.

samsam

samsam

Okay, I'll try and say what I mean as clearly as I can:
Hypothetically: Brandon Curry enters the Olympia and wins. No matter how good he looks, wouldn't some questions be raised?. Why should Phil not be treated the same way?

This is where it clashes, as you mentioned, Phil has won those contests, but not due to corrupt politics. He won because he possessed the superior physique, apparently, judging by the pictures.

In your hypothetical example, Brandon Curry wins the O no matter how he looks. There's a "little" difference there.
The judges can not possibly appoint him Mr. Olympia no matter how he looks because he has not previously placed high in the contest, differing from Jay Cutler.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The judges can not possibly appoint him Mr. Olympia no matter how he looks because he has not previously placed high in the contest, differing from Jay Cutler.

:uhoh2:
No, you're missing my point...Curry could be on the best of his game to some or the worst to others. Yet if he won, would you not be suspicious that a first time Olympia competitor had won possibly the most prestigious title in bodybuilding? I guess what I'm trying to get at is equality is nothing in this game. There will always be questionable judging, and Heath should not win the Olympia just because his name is Phil Heath.

Not trying to turn into Duality here and keep arguing, but I'm trying to say something and I'm not sure how to explain it any clearer. So, I'll say it plain and simple. Phil should not win this year. Next year, I could care less if he won, infact I would encourage his win next year, but not this year. A fresh face to the Olympia stage should not walk away with the Sandow. However, next year I'll probably be rooting for team Heath.

I'm done explaining after this, so if you don't understand my point by now, you're S.O.L. :carduforvip