• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Which routine worked best for you

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
monday - chest, abs & calves
tuesday - legs
wednesday - arms, abs & calves
thursday - shoulders, abs & calves
friday - back

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Freako- that sounds really intense, you'd have to get some serious r&r to avoid overtraining. Can you write it out so I can see what it looked like though. That one had to be fun.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Freako- that sounds really intense, you'd have to get some serious r&r to avoid overtraining. Can you write it out so I can see what it looked like though. That one had to be fun.

I correct myself... it was a 4 part split spread over 2 days kinda like this Arnold split:
ARNOLD'S DOUBLE SPLIT

Morning/Evening

Day 1 Chest, back/Thighs, calves, abs
Day 2 Shoulders, arms/Calves, abs
Day 3 Chest, back/Thighs, calves, abs
Day 4 Shoulders, arms/Calves, abs
Day 5 Chest, back/Thighs, calves, abs
Day 6 Shoulders, arms/Calves, abs
Day 7 Rest

...but I did it this way
EL FREAKO'S DOUBLE SPLIT

Morning/Evening

Day 1 Chest/Legs
Day 2 Back/Shoulders, Arms
Day 3 Chest/Legs
Day 4 Back/Shoulders, Arms
Day 5 Chest/Legs
Day 6 Back/Shoulders, Arms
Day 7 Rest

or...
Morning/Evening

Day 1 Chest, Back/Traps, Shoulders
Day 2 Legs/Arms
Day 3 Chest, Back/Traps, Shoulders
Day 4 Legs/Arms
Day 5 Chest, Back/Traps, Shoulders
Day 6 Legs/Arms
Day 7 Rest

These were just some of the variations. Most workouts were over an hour and legs tended to last 3. They were epic. It worked though, I packed on 10 kgs in 10 months (including a couple of bouts of the flu). Towards the end of it I would get asked a few times a week what I was on which got kind of annoying. "Protein and rolled oats" I would reply. I'm not sure I could do it again, it took ages to build up the muscle endurance. I think I might have had a late growth spurt to to help me along. I used to have little half week lay offs ever now and again when I felt I needed them.

J

jguruz

5 day split

This worked best for me over the past 7 months or so as a newbie, ive made some pretty good gains out of this, whilst cutting at the same time.

Day 1 - Chest
Day 2 - Back
Day 3 - Legs
Day 4 - Shoulders/Traps
Day 5 - Arms (bi's and tri's)

Did 20 mins cardio on 2 of these days along with abs work

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HST was fine, tried that months ago. Only problem is it's lacking volume. I also tried certain arrangements and nothing's worked better than:

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: OFF
Day 4: Legs
Day 5: Shoulders
Day 6: Arms

2 off days, 4-5 exercises/bodypart and 4-5 sets/exercise. High volume and acute rest periods for single-joint lifts.

I do very little direct ab work. The load put on the abs through compound, core stabilizing lifts are far better and effective than a crunching, lumbar bending ab exercise. In crunches, sling leg raises, etc. the abs play more of a stabilizing role while the hip flexers and back control the movement.

Some words in my point of view here.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

an upper/lower split
4 days on
3 days off