• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Your favorite hamstring exercises

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but with dumbells.

Thanks a lot Natzo! :2:

Is there a purpose to using Dumbbells though? I think you'll be using more balance rather then using a straight bar and just pulling straight up. I'll give them a try this weekend. : )

X

Xiva

Banned
But squats and deads will still work your hams better than the others through sheer loading. That is unless there was an imbalance problem to start with, in which case more specific movements might be necessary until the imbalance is corrected.

A lot of people do think of squats as a more quad specific movement but in there cases it is mainly because the aren't squatting properly. Once you're squatting deep enough the ham and glute activisation should be quite obvious. How else are you getting yourself out of the hole? Magic?

And deads should need no explanation at all...

I agree again, many people see squat as quads exercise, including my self. But one that you need to have in mind is that OL/High bar squat, which will put more focus at my quad.

Yes it's correct that a real power squat/low bar squat with a wide footstance, will at the bottom of the lift be a 100% hams and glutes. But lets say a guy is training a compination of squat and RDL's and this other guy is only doing squat. I believe that the guy that's is doing Squat and RDL will get better results (Hams results) that the guy that is squating.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
But lets say a guy is training a compination of squat and RDL's and this other guy is only doing squat. I believe that the guy that's is doing Squat and RDL will get better results (Hams results) that the guy that is squating.

Thats highly likely as he is doing a primary then an accessory movement, but with all other factors equal, were you to compare someone that just squatted to someone who just did RDLs (no accessory movements) then the squatter would have the better ham development as he is able to load the exercise more.