Your first visit?
Register

Page 107 of 243 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,909 to 1,926 of 4359
  1. #1909
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Braaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,734
    I disagree almost fully with your American Gangster assessment, and then you like some movies like Southpark. Sometime's I get confused on what it is you like in a movie. But oh well, the movie made money so that is all that matters to them not what a few people thought was wrong with it.
    Now, I am finishing There will be blood.. that is one movie that I completely agree with. I am enjoying it very much.


    [April|MOTM] Braaq
    sigpic72117 1



    •   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community
        
      Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

  2. #1910
    Chaos reigns. bodybuilding reputation Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Braaq View Post
    I disagree almost fully with your American Gangster assessment, and then you like some movies like Southpark.
    Vague much? I lay out a fairly in-depth criticism of the film and you don't touch a detail. Poor form. And please don't reduce this to an argument of subjectivity and art because that's a pretty worthless statement in dissection and critique. I'm not sure I understand the pot shot at South Park either because a high level of realization and thematic layering is actually present in that film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Braaq
    But oh well, the movie made money so that is all that matters to them not what a few people thought was wrong with it.
    Which is part of the inherent flaw of filmmakers these days, art is a mere after-thought which is something I briefly touched on in terms of cinematic progressionalism.




  3. #1911
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Braaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Line View Post
    Vague much? I lay out a fairly in-depth criticism of the film and you don't touch a detail. Poor form. And please don't reduce this to an argument of subjectivity and art because that's a pretty worthless statement in dissection and critique. I'm not sure I understand the pot shot at South Park either because a high level of realization and thematic layering is actually present in that film.
    I do not have to be anymore than vague other than I do not agree, is that not ok? Last time I checked I can agree or disagree and I do not have to give details
    I am aware that I do not know as much about film as you do, I do other things with my spare time. But there is a reason why some critics have different takes on the same film. All that you listed in your assessment is nothing but PREFERENCE and OPINION, a well educated opinion but an opinion and nothing more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    Which is part of the inherent flaw of filmmakers these days, art is a mere after-thought which is something I briefly touched on in terms of cinematic progressionalism.
    In many people's eyes, including myself and many other critics and film makers, we would disagree with you.




  4. #1912
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Braaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,734
    I enjoyed Southpark and agree with you that there is a high level of realization and thematic layering is actually present in that film. I am just saying your taste in films seems to be very broad, yet not very open as well.




  5. #1913
    Chaos reigns. bodybuilding reputation Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Braaq View Post
    I enjoyed Southpark and agree with you that there is a high level of realization and thematic layering is actually present in that film. I am just saying your taste in films seems to be very broad, yet not very open as well.
    I like good films but much of it is based on what a film is trying to be. I'll never give Dirty Work a 0 and claim its trying to be the next 2001: ASO but at the same time I won't be giving it a 10 either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Braaq View Post
    I do not have to be anymore than vague other than I do not agree, is that not ok? Last time I checked I can agree or disagree and I do not have to give details
    It's a bit annoying and arrogant to make a request, on more than one occasion, for an explanation as to my dislike of a film and then to dismiss those efforts entirely without counterpoint. You offer no frame of reference to your own knowledge or what characteristics in film you find are most important or even a preference of subjectivity or objectivity, though it's fairly clear you prefer the prior. I'm not sure why you feel there's a need to openly vocalize a shallow opinion without discussing the film or your take on it but to merely disagree (I realize I often share my opinion on any given movie without reason but, to be fair, and always willing to justify it). Believe it or not, something can be taken out of the give and take of discussion and out of the works themselves for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Braaq
    I am aware that I do not know as much about film as you do, I do other things with my spare time.
    I'm not sure if the latter part of this sentence was a shot at me but I could care less regardless. I'm pretty sure the entire forum is well aware of my having a social life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Braaq
    But there is a reason why some critics have different takes on the same film. All that you listed in your assessment is nothing but PREFERENCE and OPINION, a well educated opinion but an opinion and nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Braaq
    In many people's (including myself and many other critics and film makers) would disagree with you.
    I separated these because originally I was going to respond to them individually but decided to include my response in one entry, though didn't want your individual points to mesh. I've already discussed and gave an insight as to what the trappings are of professional criticism as there are contractual bonds and other pressuring influences that they must endure. This can be accepted or ignored by you, I could care less truthfully, but it's a certain nonetheless. As for the opinion of the average person, there's not a statistic I could care less about. The average person or people are idiots and put Meet the Spartans as #1 at the box-office earlier this year after doing so with Epic Movie the year before. As for what I've mentioned previously regarding stagnancy in cinematic betterment, all those statements stand. Without bold new strokes, or well-adapted versions of older ones, movies will reach a stand still as far as originality and quality are concerned. Something else that should be noted is that not all filmmakers are idiots and I'd group Ridley Scott as one that falls into the "not mindless" variety. These men and women have definitive goals that they hope to follow through on in creating a new motion picture and its the job (and joy!) of the serious cinephile to interpret, dissect, and analyze whether or not these objective qualities are met. If you feel for a second that the aforementioned criticisms aren't something that almost all directors mentally tackle while making a film you're severely lacking an essential understanding on what goes into making a motion picture.

    If you want to base your petty quibble on what restricted critics or uncultured citizens think about art then I can't help you and you may continue to sit back and enjoy your popcorn. I prefer to take something out of films because they're art in its highest and most expressive form.




  6. #1914
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Braaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,734
    Its very hard to read your posts Line But sorry I brought it up, arguing is pointless because I cant even get through half of your posts
    That being said most of the American public are idiots, and your right about the parody movies being catapalted to number one. But I am not one of those people, I just do not disect movies as deeply as you do.
    Also, I was not making a jab at you. Why would I do that? I am not trying to make a petty thing like this personal. I am friends with you on myspace and facebook.. I am very aware of your social life.




  7. #1915
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Zigurd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,718
    Braaq, what you need to realize is that this is all Lines opinion, he is very skilled at reviewing movies, but it`s still one mans opinion.

    You should not be taking his words so seriously. If he doesn`t like a movie you do, it doesn`t mean the movie is bad... and you shouldn`t try to defend a movie you like :3

    This even happens when major critics review a film, sometimes it get`s mixed reviews. It can happen. Just forget about Line and don`t let his opinion influence the movies you like. His words are not law xD

    Edit: Oh shit I just read the last few posts, nevermind :3




  8. #1916
    Chaos reigns. bodybuilding reputation Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSoviet View Post
    Edit: Oh shit I just read the last few posts, nevermind :3





  9. #1917
    I am god. bodybuilding reputation Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    7,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Braaq View Post
    Its very hard to read your posts Line But sorry I brought it up, arguing is pointless because I cant even get through half of your posts
    they arent that hard to get through :keke: His posts are generally well written




  10. #1918
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Beefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,263
    What did you guys think of Leon: The Professional?

    I watched it last night for the first time in a while. I had seen it before, but I didn't really "watch" it. I actually watched it last night and I was surprised at how well written and directed it was. The acting was great and stared a young Natalie Portman.

    Great movie. 8 out of 10.


    If I was you I'd hate me too...
    sigpic72921 1


  11. #1919
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Braaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,734
    The Darjeeling Limited - A Great low budget film directed by Wes Anderson, with Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, Jason Schwartzman.
    A terrific and entertaining movie, with subtle humor. It's a tale of three brothers who have not seen or spoken to each other in a year since their father died. The eldest Francis (Wilson) has a near death experience and sends for his brothers in India to secretly find their mother who did not show to the funeral.
    The brothers have a tarnished and untrusting relationship. Throughout the movie they are confronted with relationship, trust issues, death, and the past which they simbolically let go at the end of the film by losing their fathers lugage. After their spiritual journey they redevelop the bond that they once shared.
    I thought the movie was well directed, great music choices and good acting. The three (Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, Jason Schwartzman) work very well together and have great screen chemistry.

    I give the film an 8.




  12. #1920
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Braaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,734
    I finished There Will Be Blood... I was very shocked by the ending to say the least. You think the movie is going one way and then it turns. Great film




  13. #1921
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Beefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,263
    lol, The ending took me by surprise

    [spoiler] The kid with the shirt and him walking away was super-lame though because it seemed like it would have ended sooner, but whamm-o credits.[/spoiler]




  14. #1922
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Paulie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    2,711
    Into The Wild: 5/10




  15. #1923
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Braaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Into The Wild: 5/10
    Yeah, I am hearing very mixed reviews of that movie. Not sure if I should dl it or not. Is it worth seeing Paulie?




  16. #1924
    Chaos reigns. bodybuilding reputation Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Braaq View Post
    The Darjeeling Limited
    Not a bad write up at all. Have you seen any of Anderson's other films? Rushmore is my favorite of all time (though not the #1 on my top 100 list ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake
    lol, The ending took me by surprise
    What movie? :dunnodude:
    Quote Originally Posted by Braaq
    Yeah, I am hearing very mixed reviews of that movie. Not sure if I should dl it or not. Is it worth seeing Paulie?
    I'd say no as I gave it a 5/10 as well but likely for different reasons. I'd say if it takes you any real effort to do so, skip downloading this one.

    Oh, and glad you liked TWBB. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.




  17. #1925
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Paulie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Braaq View Post
    Yeah, I am hearing very mixed reviews of that movie. Not sure if I should dl it or not. Is it worth seeing Paulie?
    If you're into adventure, go ahead and check it out. The dude lived a crazy life. I wasn't a big fan though. A lot of true story films shouldn't have been put on the big screen as they try to get "right on" with what really happened, and then completely miss big opportunities to make the film better or worth my time.




  18. #1926
    Chaos reigns. bodybuilding reputation Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,852
    Cassandra's Dream (Allen, 2008) - 5






    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

        

         Steroidify

      Napsgear

      MusclePay




 

 
Page 107 of 243 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.