Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 33 of 242 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
Results 577 to 594 of 4349
  1. #577
    Mecca V.I.P. Paulie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    32
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    2,711
    Anybody seen Ghost Rider? My friend said it was pretty much dirt.


    Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched



    •   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

        

        
        Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors




  2. #578
    Mecca V.I.P. Hypocrisy86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Age
    30
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    15,733
    Just saw breach
    not many people outside when we bought tickets
    me and my dad, since hes also into military and anything having to do with
    our country.

    Then after the movie ended, damn so many teens, so many stupid people
    i walked fast to get to the car, my eyes kept rapidly moving
    usually for me thats an indication of an episode
    Ran my fucking ass to the car, my dad was quite too, since hes
    a High school math and science teacher

    good MOVIE, the acting was excellent
    Some weird moments..
    don't wanna do any spoilers
    But since its only the second or so day of being in theaters
    don't take my opinion/suggestion to see it
    ask others too




  3. #579
    Mecca V.I.P. Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    Hard Candy is easily one of the worst movies I've seen from 2006.

    * (out of ****)
    I got that recently. I was quite disappointed after all the rave reviews it had garnered. Never seemed to eally have the courage of it's convictions. Wouldn't say it was one of the worst film of 2006 though - unless you got a really long list! :

    Basic Instinct 2.
    Little Man.
    The Wicker Man.
    Bloodrayne.
    Date Movie.

    Off the top of my head.

    (Don't you dare suggest Rocky Balboa!)


     


  4. #580
    Mecca V.I.P. Chesticles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    29
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,411
    .........Rocky Balboa :io:


    “Unless a man undertakes more
    than he possibly can do, he will
    never do all that he can.”

    - Henry Drummond


  5. #581
    Chaos reigns. Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    32
    Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I got that recently. I was quite disappointed after all the rave reviews it had garnered. Never seemed to eally have the courage of it's convictions. Wouldn't say it was one of the worst film of 2006 though - unless you got a really long list! :

    Basic Instinct 2.
    Little Man.
    The Wicker Man.
    Bloodrayne.
    Date Movie.

    Off the top of my head.

    (Don't you dare suggest Rocky Balboa!)
    I just said it's one of the worst I've seen, not one of the worst of the year. I avoided those movies like the plague.


     


  6. #582
    Chaos reigns. Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    32
    Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,853
    Shockingly, the first two reviews I could find of The Number 23 were bad

    http://www.popsyndicate.com/index.ph...the_number_23/
    Quote Quote
    A descent into madness, or a lesson in screenwriting contrivance?
    http://emanuellevy.com/article.php?articleID=4350
    Quote Quote
    Drained in style, Schumacher's film is a sensless, incoherent psychological thriller burdened with a neat ending that must have been imposed for commercial considerations; this is yet another effort by Jim Carrey to stretch beyond his comedic persona.

    Enjoy it, Rocky


     


  7. #583
    Mecca V.I.P. Chesticles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    29
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,411
    Anyone seen/made any good porn lately?


    “Unless a man undertakes more
    than he possibly can do, he will
    never do all that he can.”

    - Henry Drummond


  8. #584
    Mecca V.I.P. Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    Shockingly, the first two reviews I could find of The Number 23 were bad

    http://www.popsyndicate.com/index.ph...the_number_23/


    http://emanuellevy.com/article.php?articleID=4350



    Enjoy it, Rocky


    The thing is and don't get me wrong I'm not denying the fact that it may or may not be piss-poor, but I bet there is a bad review for ever excellent film out there in the same way that there is a good review for even the shoddiest of films. I bet someone though Godfath was shit and Raging Bull was rubbish. Still horses for courses I suppose.

    I got some new DVD's today:

    Snakes on a Plane
    Thank You for Not Smoking
    Talladega Nights (not as good as Anchorman I know but got to be worth a crack)
    Borat
    Mallrats

    And I'm not even gonna mention the other one I got as it would possibly top the worst films of 2006 according to pretty much every reviewer of films.


     


  9. #585
    Chaos reigns. Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    32
    Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky


    The thing is and don't get me wrong I'm not denying the fact that it may or may not be piss-poor, but I bet there is a bad review for every excellent film out there in the same way that there is a good review for even the shoddiest of films. I bet someone though Godfather was shit and Raging Bull was rubbish. Still horses for courses I suppose.
    O rly?

    Rotten Tomatoes: The Godfather

    Rotten Tomatoes: Raging Bull

    Rotten Tomatoes: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

    Rotten Tomatoes: Toy Story 2

    Rotten Tomatoes: Rear Window

    Rotten Tomatoes: Dr. Strangelove

    Rotten Tomatoes: The Player

    Rotten Tomatoes: Citizen Kane

    Plus, most times movies like The Number 23 are screened to fanboys or plant-sites so the preliminary reviews will be positive, thus creating some good word-of-mouth hype before the film is released; even Ghost Rider had a few good reviews before real critics got their hands on it.

    Quote Quote
    I got some new DVD's today:

    Snakes on a Plane
    ***
    Quote Quote
    Thank You for Not Smoking
    ***1/2
    Quote Quote
    Talladega Nights (not as good as Anchorman I know but got to be worth a crack)
    **
    Quote Quote
    Borat
    ***
    Quote Quote
    And I'm not even gonna mention the other one I got as it would possibly top the worst films of 2006 according to pretty much every reviewer of films.
    What is it?


     


  10. #586
    Mecca V.I.P. Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    O rly?

    Rotten Tomatoes: The Godfather

    Rotten Tomatoes: Raging Bull

    Rotten Tomatoes: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

    Rotten Tomatoes: Toy Story 2

    Rotten Tomatoes: Rear Window

    Rotten Tomatoes: Dr. Strangelove

    Rotten Tomatoes: The Player

    Rotten Tomatoes: Citizen Kane

    Plus, most times movies like The Number 23 are screened to fanboys or plant-sites so the preliminary reviews will be positive, thus creating some good word-of-mouth hype before the film is released; even Ghost Rider had a few good reviews before real critics got their hands on it.



    What is it?
    lol at the rotten tomatoes reviews - but that doesn't count for every review ever, but you see my point. Besides Peter Griffin though Godfather wasn't good!
    Just to set the record straight - I do think those films are good just so we're clear but I was making a point that everyone's view is subjective. Sometimes I find that people can miss the point of a film being simply entertaining simply because of some flaw in the film, or because it isn't ground-breakingly original rather than just accepting it for what it is. Not every film has to be Oscar worthy to be entertaining, sometimes a film should be looked at for what it is. Don't get me wrong - a lot of films should never see the light of day. But some "lightweight" films are just as valid as the "worthy" ones depending on what you want to watch at the time.
    I'm not a snob because I can find the value in blockbusters and comedies and certain horrors as much as I can in the more notable works in my collection which keeps my taste broad rather than "this will/should be nominated for some sort of award therefore I will enjoy it or at least say that I do".
    I'm not having a crack at you by the way Line I'm talking about reviewers in general.
    And as for the embarassing purchase....

    Ultraviolet

    IT WAS CHEAP!


     


  11. #587
    Chaos reigns. Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    32
    Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,853
    I understand what you're saying but the reviews from RT are the best compiled collection of critics out there. There's probably some bloggers or amateur critics out there who didn't like those films but that's why they are what they are: amateurs.

    There's an important term to know when it comes to critiquing movies (or anything in general) is "realization." The problem with a lot of the films I have dislike is because they think or act as if they're something they're not. When a movie tries to hard to be important or has obvious flaws that's something that needs to be taken into consideration and the appreciation I get out of a well-crafted realized film is far higher than the thrill others get from mindless Blockbusters.

    There are some guilty pleasures I have but most of them are sloppily made and fully aware of it. There's nothing I like more than sitting in my apartment with a beer or five and watching a dumb comedy like Dirty Work, Beer League, or SoaP...or even something like The Rookie with Clint Eastwood and Charlie Sheen just because of how badass and over-the-top it is. I consider my taste very broad as far as bridging genres and styles but there are far too many good to great movies out there to care for things like...oh, I dunno...Ultraviolet


     


  12. #588
    Mecca V.I.P. SerbMarko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    36
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,431
    i havent read through all the posts.. but the recent movies i have seen are..

    Rocky Balboa 6- not as good as i thought
    The Departed- mehh.. pretty good
    Flyboys- thumbs up
    The Guardian- very good
    The Illusionist- awesome
    Borat- funny but mehh
    The covenant- kinda weird but not bad
    Undisputed 2- great fights but kinda cheesy
    The Black Dahlia- good

    umm ive seen more but i just cant remember em.. Flags of our Fathers is on my list of wanting to see and so is Casino Royale


    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice and should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation for any illegal activity.


  13. #589
    Mecca V.I.P. Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    I understand what you're saying but the reviews from RT are the best compiled collection of critics out there. There's probably some bloggers or amateur critics out there who didn't like those films but that's why they are what they are: amateurs.

    There's an important term to know when it comes to critiquing movies (or anything in general) is "realization." The problem with a lot of the films I have dislike is because they think or act as if they're something they're not. When a movie tries to hard to be important or has obvious flaws that's something that needs to be taken into consideration and the appreciation I get out of a well-crafted realized film is far higher than the thrill others get from mindless Blockbusters.

    There are some guilty pleasures I have but most of them are sloppily made and fully aware of it. There's nothing I like more than sitting in my apartment with a beer or five and watching a dumb comedy like Dirty Work, Beer League, or SoaP...or even something like The Rookie with Clint Eastwood and Charlie Sheen just because of how badass and over-the-top it is. I consider my taste very broad as far as bridging genres and styles but there are far too many good to great movies out there to care for things like...oh, I dunno...Ultraviolet
    Exactly my point. I can't stand films that think theyare better than they are. Then they are worth all the shit that comes their way. Perfect example of a film which doesn't take itself too seriously, and if it had I suspect it would have been mauled - "Snakes on a Plane".
    The thing with Ultraviolet is all the reviews of it are crap, and I haven't even seen it - but it was cheap.


     


  14. #590
    Mecca V.I.P. SerbMarko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    36
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Exactly my point. I can't stand films that think theyare better than they are. Then they are worth all the shit that comes their way. Perfect example of a film which doesn't take itself too seriously, and if it had I suspect it would have been mauled - "Snakes on a Plane".
    The thing with Ultraviolet is all the reviews of it are crap, and I haven't even seen it - but it was cheap.
    Rocky have u seen Rocky B yet?





    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice and should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation for any illegal activity.


  15. #591
    Mecca V.I.P. Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,453
    Quote Originally Posted by SerbMarko
    Rocky have u seen Rocky B yet?


    Saw it opening weekend over here!
    Loved it. Part of me still wishes he'd won on points but died afterwards - effectively fighting his heart out (I know it's cheesy but the film is riddled with sentimentality and cheese anyway which is half it's long standing appeal) and then he could have joined Adrian again.


     


  16. #592
    Mecca V.I.P. SerbMarko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    36
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Saw it opening weekend over here!
    Loved it. Part of me still wishes he'd won on points but died afterwards - effectively fighting his heart out (I know it's cheesy but the film is riddled with sentimentality and cheese anyway which is half it's long standing appeal) and then he could have joined Adrian again.

    you should be a director ya i thought it was chessy too, but arent all Rocky movies??? i think Sly was great in the movie though.. one of his best performances if you ask me.. as far as the movie.. i thought it was rather inspirational like all the rest.. but i think he looked like an old man trying to find his footing in the fight..


    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice and should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation for any illegal activity.


  17. #593
    Chaos reigns. Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    32
    Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,853
    I want to expand on why Hard Candy sucked so much...

    Brief Plot Synopsis
    32 year old photographer Jeff meets a 14 year old girl Haley in an online chatroom and convinces her to meet up. They meet at a coffee shop and following some not so subtle flirtation, he coaxes her to come back to his place to listen to music and "have fun." After sharing a couple drinks she wants to be photographed by him and as she starts stripping on his couch he begins to feel ill and passes out, only to find out she's tied him securely to a chair. As Jeff regains consciousness, Haley begins to rummage around his house, tearing everything apart to find proof of Jeff's pedophilia. Thus the predator has become the prey.

    Huge Problems with the Plot
    (some spoilers but the movie sucks so who cares)
    -This 14 year old girl is capable of carrying around an unconscious 200 pound man. She's lifting him from the floor onto chairs and tables, and is able to stand him up while unconscious on a chair and keep him balanced until he wakes up. There's actually a two second shot that shows Haley struggling to move Jeff and the few feet she moves him looks excruciating which seems to be in stark contrast of how seemingly easy it was before.
    -More on Haley: she's probably the most resourceful woman of all time, let alone in film history. She not only is able to locate Jeff's address only from his screenname but somehow finds out his neighbors' vacationing and work habits, and was able to find the captor of a missing girl that the police haven't solved (ie. her stalking habits surpass Tech's). She also can perform surgeries, tie knots that adults can't escape, has drugs strong enough to bring down a grown man, and can fit (at least) 50 feet of rope into her small carrying bag. Oh, that small magical bag also contains books, surgical tools, and scrubs.
    -The dialogue is awful. Patrick Wilson (Jeff) does his best to salvage what there is but there's no chemistry between he and Ellen Page (Haley) and the lines she's forced to deliver are ridiculous. To make things worse, she doesn't even deliver them particularly well.
    -The film had no balls. All the tension is in the first 15 minutes before Haley takes control, from there director Slade decides to take no chances, and goes out of his way to not get grimy or disturbing at all. At first we have no proof Jeff's actually done anything wrong so we have no idea who to "cheer for" or how we should feel about these characters until at least 2/3 of the film is over. Also, even when we find out all we need to know there's still a great uncertainty for the audience about whether or not Jeff really deserves how he's being treated. We find ourselves siding with a pedophile emotionally because of how ridiculous everything else going on is.
    -The ending came out of nowhere and sucked balls.


     


  18. #594
    Mecca V.I.P. Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,453
    ^I'd like to pick you up on a couple of points there:

    1. She is the test-tube daughter of a combination of eggs supplied by Lt Ellen Ripley and Lara Croft and the sperm came from James Bond - hence her ruthless resourcefulness.

    2. Her magic bag with seemingly endless room inside was given to her by Mary Poppins.

    3. Her stalking prowess does not surpass Tech's. In the film - the man died - the results of Tech's stalking's have had far worse consequences than simple death.


     




    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

        

        
         We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY






 

 

Similar Bodybuilding Threads

  1. Official Avatar (not the movie) Discussion.
    By dilatedmuscle in forum MuscleMecca HeadQuarters
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 08:31 AM
  2. The Last Foreign Movie You Watched?
    By Pain in forum Movies, Games, TV and Music
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 02:10 PM
  3. What movie have you watched the most?
    By Pain in forum Movies, Games, TV and Music
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 03:04 AM
  4. Last movie you watched on TV?
    By Pain in forum Movies, Games, TV and Music
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 10:00 PM
  5. The best movie you watched this year?
    By Pain in forum Off-Topic Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 11:59 PM

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.