Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 5 of 242 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 73 to 90 of 4349
  1. #73
    Mecca V.I.P. MexicanMuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    29
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by danimalmax22
    i dunno, it got a little boring at some points

    who here liked the hills have eyes?
    i did! that movie was awesome!


    Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched
    YA LLEGO POR QUIEN LLORABAN! I'M BAAAACK!



    •   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

        

        
        Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors




  2. #74
    Chaos reigns. Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    32
    Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,853
    An Inconvient Truth

    Understanding the medium and aim of this project is by far the most important aspect of enjoying the film itself, and I feel the transition from lecture to celluloid caused the true movement of the Gore lecture to get lost in translation. This, however, is not to be overstated because several movies of the past few years have suffered a similar fate, but to a much worse extent (RENT).

    The problem here focuses around the world-wide lectures Gore gives involving enough, very convincing evidence of proof to the global warming "myth" juxaposed with flashbacks and self-commentary/reflection from Gore. These scenes, two in particular in which he reminisses the near-loss of his child and the loss of his sister; do both his drive and lectures and injustice. There's an obvious social and political undertone to the entire film, however these scenes in particular seem to aim at the downfall of the democratic party since Clinton's left office: making well-off, unpersonable politicians seem like one of us and playing our emotions like heartstrings in order to strike the right chord for its viewers.

    This being said, Gore ceraintly provides enough convincing proof and does a more than adequate job of tying his points together and making each seem relevent and interconnected as a result of the greater evil: global warming. Gore is sharp with his delivery and even clever, which should not suprise as he clearly is an intelligent man. His typical dryness is there but several interjections of humility and wit more than make up for it and appear to make him seem more like "one of us" ie. the common folk, than do his tragic stories of loss. This is a side of Gore we should all see more of and I feel those attending the actual lectures did, which leads me back to my major qualm of sometimes things are left better as in their original expression instead of being coverted into a film. I truly believe this is a film that was made as part of a greater good as it conveys an important and dire message to a larger audience than his lectures ever could.

    Gore has two-thirds of a great movie here and it's a shame the few scenes had to bring it down to a movie I can still endorse, but with slightly less enthusiasm as I had hoped. The information itself is worth a view and a debate and the production quality, particularly for a documentary were exemplary.

    *** (out of ****)


     


  3. #75
    Mecca V.I.P. Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,529
    Quote Originally Posted by danimalmax22
    who here liked the hills have eyes?
    Whoever re-made this movie has a sick mind! I got pissed off when I saw the gun pointed to the baby's head, too fucked up. I watched it once and convinced my friend to watch it with me, he got a massive headache from watching it.



    *Spoilers*

    The part where the family first sees all the "mutants" pissed me off too because how on God's green earth did the mother not notice the mutant (IN THE SAME TRAILER) raping her daughter? You would of thought she would find out when one of them screams "NOW!!!!!" into the walkey talkey approximately 15 feet away. But no, she walks right out of the trailer without noticing him, lame.


     


  4. #76
    Mecca V.I.P. Spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,000
    hey line since you really are a movie expert() i need your help this friday me and my girlfriend are having a movie night and im the the one who picks the movies this time i know she doesnt like action like arnold and stallone she likes serious movies,but i dont know any "good" academy award movies so could you help me out.i need two good movies,if she doesnt like them shes gonna make me watch brokeback mountain (help me for the love of god help me)


     


  5. #77
    Mecca V.I.P. MexicanMuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    29
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex
    Whoever re-made this movie has a sick mind! I got pissed off when I saw the gun pointed to the baby's head, too fucked up. I watched it once and convinced my friend to watch it with me, he got a massive headache from watching it.



    *Spoilers*

    The part where the family first sees all the "mutants" pissed me off too because how on God's green earth did the mother not notice the mutant (IN THE SAME TRAILER) raping her daughter? You would of thought she would find out when one of them screams "NOW!!!!!" into the walkey talkey approximately 15 feet away. But no, she walks right out of the trailer without noticing him, lame.

    about the trailer incident, yes i too am with u, i thought that the mom not noticing her daughter was pretty damn stupid, and also the sister's husband came in and didn't notice!


    Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched
    YA LLEGO POR QUIEN LLORABAN! I'M BAAAACK!


  6. #78
    Chaos reigns. Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    32
    Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Machine
    hey line since you really are a movie expert() i need your help this friday me and my girlfriend are having a movie night and im the the one who picks the movies this time i know she doesnt like action like arnold and stallone she likes serious movies,but i dont know any "good" academy award movies so could you help me out.i need two good movies,if she doesnt like them shes gonna make me watch brokeback mountain (help me for the love of god help me)
    LOL, Brokeback's good, man. Seriously, but I understand a lot of guy's reservations to watching it. As far as movies to watch, you can't really go wrong with As Good as it Gets (1997) with Jack Nicholson, Greg Kinnear, Cuba Gooding Jr, and Helen Hunt. It's a romantic-comedy that's far from a "chick flick" and both Jack and Helen won Academy Awards for their performances and there were a plethora of other nominations. It's a bit long but very enjoyable. Here's some more info:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119822/

    Another suggestion from recent years is Sideways starring Paul Giamatti, Sandra Oh, Thomas Haden Church, and Virgian Madsen. It's another Comedy/Drama/Romance Directed by Alexander Payne who, I feel, is the best living director when it comes to combining true-life comedic moments with true-life drama and Sideways is no exception. It was my #3 movie of 2004:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375063/

    One last movie I would add is one I watched with an ex-girlfriend that we both loved: Rain Man with Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman. You cannot go wrong with this movie; nobody I've ever talked to has disliked it and it has elements both avid film snobs and casual viewers will enjoy:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095953/


    If those don't fit what you're looking for let me know. If she enjoys older films (1930's-1960's) let me know and I can give you a good list there as well. Keep me posted buddy


     


  7. #79
    Mecca V.I.P. Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    LOL, Brokeback's good, man. Seriously, but I understand a lot of guy's reservations to watching it.
    You'll get your ass kicked saying shit like that on the streets. Watch it.

    :gheyfight:


     


  8. #80
    Chaos reigns. Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    32
    Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex
    You'll get your ass kicked saying shit like that on the streets. Watch it.

    :gheyfight:
    LOL I say that shit on the streets and I don't care. No one who judges that movie, particularly guys, have seen it and are just writing it off as some "gay" movie or it makes you interested in homosexuality if you see it. More than anything, the movie is about the two main characters dealing with their love for each through distance and time in a society that is in no way accepting of their orientation; neither are they. They both chose to deny how they feel to themselves and their loved ones and ultimately the general pressures of society tear things apart.

    So, yeah, the movies far more than just some gay-love story between two popular actors (both of whom give career-performances), it's beautifully directed and shot and in all-honesty it should've beaten Crash for Best Picture easily.

    I had it as my number three overall movie of 2005.


     


  9. #81
    Mecca V.I.P. CaptainCharisma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    29
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,304
    i just watched "You, Me and Dupree"....it was okay not amazing, but i have to say that Owen Wilson carried the entire movie, without him this movie would have completley sucked instead of only half sucking


     


  10. #82
    Mecca V.I.P. Spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    LOL, Brokeback's good, man. Seriously, but I understand a lot of guy's reservations to watching it. As far as movies to watch, you can't really go wrong with As Good as it Gets (1997) with Jack Nicholson, Greg Kinnear, Cuba Gooding Jr, and Helen Hunt. It's a romantic-comedy that's far from a "chick flick" and both Jack and Helen won Academy Awards for their performances and there were a plethora of other nominations. It's a bit long but very enjoyable. Here's some more info:



    Another suggestion from recent years is Sideways starring Paul Giamatti, Sandra Oh, Thomas Haden Church, and Virgian Madsen. It's another Comedy/Drama/Romance Directed by Alexander Payne who, I feel, is the best living director when it comes to combining true-life comedic moments with true-life drama and Sideways is no exception. It was my #3 movie of 2004:



    One last movie I would add is one I watched with an ex-girlfriend that we both loved: Rain Man with Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman. You cannot go wrong with this movie; nobody I've ever talked to has disliked it and it has elements both avid film snobs and casual viewers will enjoy:




    If those don't fit what you're looking for let me know. If she enjoys older films (1930's-1960's) let me know and I can give you a good list there as well. Keep me posted buddy
    first of all i cant thank you enough for going through the trouble and for recommending me good movies,really thank you so i decided to go with as good as it gets and sideways,i know my girlfriend is really into the romantic-comedy thing(perssonally i go with a jackie chan movie but she hates them)hopefully if things go well(and i get lucky if you know what i mean )i will ask for your expert advice again before our next movie night if its okay with you.so thanks again buddy it means alot to me thank you,and will keep you posted on how things go.


    PS.i will go through hellfire and brimstone to avoid watching brokeback mountain,that movie scares the holy hell out of me


     


  11. #83
    Chaos reigns. Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    32
    Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Machine
    first of all i cant thank you enough for going through the trouble and for recommending me good movies,really thank you so i decided to go with as good as it gets and sideways,i know my girlfriend is really into the romantic-comedy thing(perssonally i go with a jackie chan movie but she hates them)hopefully if things go well(and i get lucky if you know what i mean )i will ask for your expert advice again before our next movie night if its okay with you.so thanks again buddy it means alot to me thank you,and will keep you posted on how things go.


    PS.i will go through hellfire and brimstone to avoid watching brokeback mountain,that movie scares the holy hell out of me
    LOL at the going through hellfire and brimstone comment


    Anyways, those should be good choices man and I hope they "work out" for you and her...I'm flattered you'd ask me for movie advice and I'd be happy to help you in the future so don't hesitate. Good luck, and give 'er one for me


     


  12. #84
    Chaos reigns. Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    32
    Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,853
    BRM, how'd things go with the movies/lady?


     


  13. #85
    Mecca V.I.P. Robcardu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    BRM, Did you get laid?

    Fix'd.


    you gonna get judged!!!!!!!

    Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched


  14. #86
    Mecca V.I.P. Spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    BRM, how'd things go with the movies/lady?
    hello buddy welcome back i missed you but now your here so im happy again .so heres a update,it all went as planned we started with as good as it gets wich she loved (as for me well there wasnt any killing or ass kicking involved ) altough she was a little surprised that i picked a movie like that we then watched sideways she really loved this one ( i liked it too) somehow you picked the exact movies that she would like thats freaky.and after about 4 hours of quality movie watchin we........lets just say everything went as planned ( and i mean everything if you know what i mean ) well i owe it all to you bro so thanks a lot and the next time i need movie advice (i would say in about two weeks or so)i will ask for your expert advice again,im not joking you really are a movie expert .




    PS:i made a deal with her as long as i pick good movies i dont have to watch brokeback mountain (thank god)


     


  15. #87
    Chaos reigns. Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    32
    Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Machine
    hello buddy welcome back i missed you but now your here so im happy again .so heres a update,it all went as planned we started with as good as it gets wich she loved (as for me well there wasnt any killing or ass kicking involved ) altough she was a little surprised that i picked a movie like that we then watched sideways she really loved this one ( i liked it too) somehow you picked the exact movies that she would like thats freaky.and after about 4 hours of quality movie watchin we........lets just say everything went as planned ( and i mean everything if you know what i mean ) well i owe it all to you bro so thanks a lot and the next time i need movie advice (i would say in about two weeks or so)i will ask for your expert advice again,im not joking you really are a movie expert .




    PS:i made a deal with her as long as i pick good movies i dont have to watch brokeback mountain (thank god)
    Awesome man, glad I can help


     


  16. #88
    Mecca V.I.P. Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,529
    I rented "The Usual Suspects" last night with Kevin Spacey. Havn't watched it yet, but I heard it's really good.

    Also rented "Friday Night Lights." I think sports movies are getting over-done these days. The same thing happends everytime, the best player gets hurt and the team still makes it to the championship game. It really wasn't too bad, but it could of been better. Was nothing near as good as Remember the Titans. Overall: 2 1/2 out of 4 stars from me.


     


  17. #89
    Mecca V.I.P. Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,453
    The Usual Suspects is fucking superb! If you don't love it - you are an imbecile.


     


  18. #90
    Mecca V.I.P. Spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,000
    hey line could you give me your opinion on the movie V for vendetta,is it good or bad i would love to hear your expert opinion on it bro.


     




    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

        

        
         We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY






 

 

Similar Bodybuilding Threads

  1. Official Avatar (not the movie) Discussion.
    By dilatedmuscle in forum MuscleMecca HeadQuarters
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 08:31 AM
  2. The Last Foreign Movie You Watched?
    By Pain in forum Movies, Games, TV and Music
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 02:10 PM
  3. What movie have you watched the most?
    By Pain in forum Movies, Games, TV and Music
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 03:04 AM
  4. Last movie you watched on TV?
    By Pain in forum Movies, Games, TV and Music
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 10:00 PM
  5. The best movie you watched this year?
    By Pain in forum Off-Topic Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 11:59 PM

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.