• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Best Protein

Cutsjr

Cutsjr

What is the best protein to take? Who has the best tasting?

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Optimum Nutrition 100% whey. Great protien for a great price. Can't beat it.

hugegunns

hugegunns

I've used Optimum Nutrition 100% whey, GNC's, Mass Nutritions, EAS, Protien Plus, Body Fortress, Soy, and I personally like Six Star Whey protein. It's not bad in price and taste well.

Genetix

Genetix

I am a fan of a product known as Proto Whey from BNRG.
Taste is good as well, could be considered a little on the pricey side.
For straight economics Optmum Nutrition is a great product with a great taste.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've tried a couple of different (Aussie) types, and ON 100% is by far the best.

pecs

pecs

aussie's absolute pro grainer tastes good.... but it is a weight gainer

rayrod

rayrod

i like Pride Nutrition's Respect Protein. Tastes great, mixes good with a good price tag.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ON's 100% whey is the best for the money by far and not bad tasting

thicknasty

thicknasty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not all Whey is the same. Most (if not all) of the protein that is carried in the supplement/health food store, such as GNC, is whey concentrate (very low quality whey). What is best is the whey isolate. If you look at the ingredients of the powders most will say that it is whey concentrate or both whey concentrate and whey isolate, but they don't mention what the percentages are, and I promise that the whey isolate is probably 10% or less of the whey in it. I get all of my protein from trueprotein.com where you know exactly what you are getting because you can customize it yourself. You can get 100% whey isolate for the same price as a %100 whey concentrate that's carried in the stores. If price is a concern just go ahead and get 100% whey concentrate from TP.com and it will be a hell of a lot cheaper than than what is sold in the stores (which is mostly all concentrate any damn way).

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
zdub311

zdub311

you know i actually baught some syntha6 the other day and its the best tasting protein ive ever had...only prob is the amount of cals in it...
overall id have to say elite weigh or ON are the best

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thicknasty said:
Not all Whey is the same. Most (if not all) of the protein that is carried in the supplement/health food store, such as GNC, is whey concentrate (very low quality whey). What is best is the whey isolate. If you look at the ingredients of the powders most will say that it is whey concentrate or both whey concentrate and whey isolate, but they don't mention what the percentages are,
Whey Concentrates have many advantages over some isolates. Depending on what Isolates process is used you lose a lot of the benefits of the protein co-factors. So don't write them off completely. Isolates are just more %protein per lb, not necessarily better protein per lb.

KingDeadlift

KingDeadlift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love the taste of CytoSports Whey Cocoa Bean Flavour.

thicknasty

thicknasty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
Whey Concentrates have many advantages over some isolates. Depending on what Isolates process is used you lose a lot of the benefits of the protein co-factors. So don't write them off completely. Isolates are just more %protein per lb, not necessarily better protein per lb.

I've heard that before, but I still feel like isolate is more bang for you buck.

Steve56

Steve56

ON 100 % Whey is awesome and so are the Beverly International protein products

Banshee20

Banshee20

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with those that said ON whey...good price, good taste. I also like Designer Whey because of the taste, but it is expensive.

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Banshee20 said:
I agree with those that said ON whey...good price, good taste. I also like Designer Whey because of the taste, but it is expensive.

By far ON Whey all the way. After 5 years of trying protein supplements, this is the only one i buy these days.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Really protein powders arent needed, until u get to high protein requirements like 200G per day, or higher, then u run into problems with eating to many meats for the day and cholestrol, and what not.

BUT!

if u choose to use the powders bc of their fast digestion and other benefits then i would go with either BOI CORE supplelments bc they are cheap and have the same amino acid profile as my second choice and that is 100% ON whey protein. Either way i would buy offline bc the heath stores rip u off.

PhoenixBuff

PhoenixBuff

ON's Gold Standard Whey, Double Chocolate is freaking incredible! Best purchase ever!