• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Best Protein

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Syntha 6 and ON whey are awesome choices!!

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have been getting Body Fortress for one reason, It's at walk mart 12 bucks. Not bad, but I have begun to not trust wally mart any more. Muscle milk is good, but I prefer the protein with lots of carbs. I want to try a new protein ASAP, because that kind is garbage.

!Freakzilla

!Freakzilla

The best protein i've ever used is BSN Syntha 6 Cookies and Cream and ON Whey Strawberry

MetalMX

MetalMX

Syntha 6 is the shiz taste wise... though a bit more calories. ON Whey if affordable and tastes good, pretty much just protein. PVL Whey Gourmet has some awesome flavours especially chocolate mousse. They also make a Night time protein called GlycerPro only available here in australia i think by far the best tasting chocolate protein ever. It also has ZMA, Leucine, Glycerine, Taurine and glutamine added. But very expensive about 60-65AU for a 900g tub.

R

remnant

Banned
I vote for yoghurt. Especially the one naturally made at home and then sweetened with sugar and or honey and a generous dash of cocoa powder.

- - - Updated - - -

I vote for yoghurt. Especially the one naturally made at home and then sweetened with sugar and or honey and a generous dash of cocoa powder.

Punk

Punk

I like Whey and ON brands!Chocolate is my fav flavor :)

K

Kins

ON has it's isolate on sale 10 pounds for $87 and free shipping. But it expires next month.

saaqibj

saaqibj

I guess its fine because iv seen protein supplements which mix both in various quantities..It also depends what you need. Casein is for recovery and while whey protein is fast acting for faster muscle growth

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
saaqibj

saaqibj

yeh im sure you can because iv seen many whey supplements like jym pro which have a blend of whey and casien..just be careful on the proportions

preacherbob50

preacherbob50

For the present time I am using "Premier" whey protein but no matter which protein mix I might use I always add to it. Barleans has a Chia, Flax and Coconut mix that I like to add because it's not only extremely high in protein but the fiber content gives a good balance with the carbs in the protein mix.

At my advanced age, one product I will NOT use is anything with soy. It does a real number on testosterone and I don't need anything else going against muscle growth.

Just before bed, I'm always a little hungry so that's when I get my intake of casein and some more calcium by having a fairly large portion of cottage cheese. The cottage cheese digests easily, I do not wake up with food on my mind and feeling famished so going through my cardio routine before coffee and a (later) protein shake is a lot easier.

A

aaron

I use nutrisport 90+ more than anything

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One protein powder that is rather cheap and tastes like cake that I would like to try is called Lite Protein, Low Calorie Natural Protein, Vanilla Cupcake and comes in a 9.03 Ounce size ($6.27 Amazon). This protein powder is supposed to taste like cake, but it's gross with water, so make it with milk and put some banana in it as well.

loveofbodybuilding

loveofbodybuilding

Soya based products are packed with proteins and this for those who are both vegetarians and non vegetarians

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Soya based products are packed with proteins and this for those who are both vegetarians and non vegetarians

I think I have to agree with soya as a good source of protein. However, I still prefer protein from meat particularly beef because that is what I see from Manny Pacquiao. His favorite dish during his training period is the boiled beef (not sure if it is shank or any other part of beef) with potatoes and cabbage. He eats a lot of rice with that dish.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Whey protein is the most affordable and you can see for yourself what the cost of it per kilo since it is on the mercantile. Then it's obvious that 'some' supplement companies try to market their stuff as having so much more protein than the next guy's. Do the math and they would be losing money.

Reactions: TalkAdmin
Tazz

Tazz

1-Stop Domestic Shop Rep
Sponsor
I gotta go with Cellucor

S

SolidSa

I love the Cookies and Cream Flavour by Ultimate Nutritions Pro Star Whey, it's an absolute delight to have. I love it's crunchy texture...

E

Eason

Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder is one of my favorites. It tastes good when I combine it with simply water. Obviously, it tastes better with milk or yogurt, but I'd rather keep the calories for something else. Right now, I'm eating the chocolate hazelnut one, which has 24 grams of protein and 130 calories.