Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom...09010/index.do

Mirkos words translated:

"I traveled to Japan as many as 42 times and it's the time for a change. I will always be grateful to the Japanese because I made my name in PRIDE's ring, and especially to the president of the DSE company Sakakibara and the fight organizer Takada. I am aware that my decision affected many of my fans, but I am going toward new challenges.

I let the PRIDE officials know that I had an offer in advance. They maybe thought that I wouldn't leave, but my decision was final.

I am happy that now I'm going to have support of Croats in the US. In Japan, there aren't that many Croats. It's nice to see when people in Croatian T-shirts with Croatian flags are supporting you."

Regarding the octagon, Mirko said the following:

"Compared to the ring, it looks to me like a soccer field."

When asked about the quality of the UFC fighters, he said that he most respects Chuck and Randy. He also said this about the current UFC heavyweights:

"When it comes to the fighting style, I like Arlovski, who is quick and technical. The champ Sylvia is not that attractive, but is very tough and bold, also having a knockout-power hand. He is thus very dangerous."

He said that he most regrets that his rematch with Fedor didn't happen:

"I would love an opportunity for the rematch more than anything else. Had my leg been healthy, we would have fought maybe on the NYE. But I believe that the rematch will happen sometime; either under the UFC's roof, or - which I would love to see - if PRIDE and UFC make the fight happen together."

The newspaper also mentions the following statement of Sakakibara (without source):

"Mirko didn't finish his job with Fedor and Noguera, and we thus hope that he will come back one day with the UFC belt and challenge our champion."

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=Mult...etail&gid=4111

^
    Andrei Arlovski Post-Fight Interview

My boy is back and he's gonna be better than ever...Tim Sylvia is a deadman, his joke of a title run is up, he's got AA and CC on his ass now and AA looks like he's finally got focus to whoop some ass.

Arlovski, Macdonald, Mirko, Quinton, The Law....

UFC's picking up in a big way for sure

Stand or fall, but choose.

Where to now for Tito?

personally i'd like to see him vs Babalu

Real eyes realize real lies

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by JS316
    Where to now for Tito?

personally i'd like to see him vs Babalu
    i think that he is still#2 in the UFC. Tito vs. Rampage would be fun

I am untamed, I need a leash
    I am insane, I need a shrink
    I love brain, I need a leech

tito wont fight rampage because they train together, him and Babalu would be interesting...but both of them are sort of stuck, they cant get another title shot for a while, Babalu might be able to match up against Rampage if he beats Liddell, but Ortiz is stuck in the number 3-4 spot for a while unless he moves down or up in weight

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

true i forgot that they train together, so other than Rampage who is left to go against Liddell

Well theres alot of popular guys in the division; Bisping, Evans, Jardine, Griffin...but theyed get killed. I'm counting on Rampage to shake up the division.

gaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by UFC.com
    UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre has been forced to withdraw from February 3rd’s UFC 67 card due to a knee injury suffered during training for his first title defense against Matt Serra. The rest of the card, which includes the UFC Middleweight title bout between Anderson Silva and Travis Lutter, as well as the UFC debuts of Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson and Mirko Cro Cop, remains intact. Stay tuned to UFC.com for more information as it becomes available.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

that blows I bet GSP could beat Serra with the injury lol

he would probly beat him....dammit UFC 67 was beyond godly with those 4 fights (GSP/Serra, Silva/Lutter, debuts of Rampage and Cro Cop) now its just godly

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

true i still think that this next ppv is going to be the best in a long time

^Agreed. Although it seems that GSP is more injury prone than usual lately; groin, now his knee. I hope nothing else comes up, as the last thing I want to see with him is having his title taken away a'la Mir.

Would love for the UFC to put Mirko in the LHW div for one fight against someone....

Cro Cop and Chuck both have expressed interest in fighting one another, so that fight could very well happen sometime in the future. Cro Cop has fought at 205 before in his career (in kickboxing though) and i dont believe he would have an immense amount of trouble cutting down to LHW, he is a natural LHW. That all beign said, i say that Cro Cop would take it. Liddell fighting stance is perfect from Mirko to unleash a LHK, plus Mirko's bodyshots would destroy Liddell and cause him to gas alot faster than normal. Of course Liddell could always get a trademark KO that he seems to always pull out.

I'd be more interested in seeing Cro Cop and Arlovski go at it, but only after Arlvoski has had a few more fights, and preferably after Cro Cop gets a title shot. That way it would be a HUGE marquee fight Mirko Cro Cop vs Andrei Arlovski...WOW. And Tim can go back to hunting bears or getting rejected on blind date

EDIT: I loved the Arlovski post-fight interview on UFC.com...the best part was at the end when he says "...don't worry Arlovski is back, and everything will be alright" haha, he says it so reassuringly...im so happy now that he's back and Cro Cop is comin, everything will be ok...cough *tim sylvias gay* cough

I been too busy lately to keep up with the mma. Whats all this talk about Mirko jumping ship to UFC. Is this true?

What about Pride. Whats going onnnnnnn, damn i hate being busy.

Lemonade..Ice Cold

Cro Cop jumped ship to UFC from PRIDE, they offered him some crazy 6 fight 2 year deal, its like $1.2 million a fight or something like that (probly exaggurated, but close) Rampage and Heath Herring are also in the UFC along with alot of other fighters (UFC bought out WEC and WFA reccently) and on top of that Dana said he's planing on bringing alot more fighters to the HW and LHW division...lot of stuff going on. You picked a pretty bad time to be busy shorty

Herring!! more crazy hair. not too excited about rampage. and Mirko is stacking..damn, and I thought the UFC was going to fade away and Pride takeover.

Im always busy at the wrong times.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions