Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 20 of 81 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    anybody excited about the future of this guy (Aoki)?

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

maybe...he hasnt really been tested against the cream of the crop of PRIDE's LW division, we'll see how good he is after PRIDE's LW Grand Prix

I am not sure how he will do. I was impressed with his win over Hansen, and Jason Black who is no pushover either. The thing that I am most excited over are his subissions as of late. I would love to see a great rounded fighter with awsome submissions. Kind of like Sakuraba.

I think everyone is really gassing him up because of the gogoplata (or omaplata...i forget) that he pulled on Hansen. You gotta remember though, that Hansen isn't exactly a genius on the ground like that. Also Aoki seems to have just BJJ as a major weapon/defense, and as we've seen lately that isn't exactly very effective in serious MMA anymore.

Hey Captain, what do you think of the next pride show in Vegas. I personally think it is a good card "on paper". There are some good fighters, one or two mismatches, but a good card nonetheless. I am excited to see Gomi/Diaz, Shogun/Overeem, and Misaki/Trigg. oh, and of course Wanderlei/Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma
    I think everyone is really gassing him up because of the gogoplata (or omaplata...i forget) that he pulled on Hansen. You gotta remember though, that Hansen isn't exactly a genius on the ground like that. Also Aoki seems to have just BJJ as a major weapon/defense, and as we've seen lately that isn't exactly very effective in serious MMA anymore.
    Well, what I am actually looking for is a mini Fedor. A fighter at a lighter weight, that has no fear, and can adapt to any gameplan. You want to go to the ground? Fine. You want to stand? No problem. You are right in a sense that his stand up is not there ( I have seen no proof of anything spectacular)

Quote Originally Posted by madakira
    Well, what I am actually looking for is a mini Fedor. A fighter at a lighter weight, that has no fear, and can adapt to any gameplan. You want to go to the ground? Fine. You want to stand? No problem. You are right in a sense that his stand up is not there ( I have seen no proof of anything spectacular)
    I guess a Fedor-like fighter at LW would be, if he could get his head out of his ass, BJ Penn. He's got great standup, his BJJ is out of this world, as well as the rest of his ground game. In addition he's got an unreal chin. All in all at LW BJ Penn is probably the most deadly fighter in that division. He's slated to come back at LW, he's gonna fight Jens Pulver near the finale of the TUF 5 season.
    As for the PRIDE card, it does look pretty good on paper. I gotta read into it a bit more and some of those fighters before i can make any predictions, but ill do so soon.

anybody excited about the future of this guy (Aoki)?
    Yeah definately! the most exciting submission fighter around at the moment IMO. Would say his Juijitsu is as good as the likes of BJ and the Nogs..
    Would like to see him improve his striking though to be ranked higher in his weight class

Real eyes realize real lies

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I agree with CC BJ is great but his head isn't always on straight. Aoki from what little i've seen of him has no fear but until he gets that stand up better he can be beaten. On a side note my brother works for a drilling company and yesterday called me a said that a little local store was clearing out a bunch of Pride and UFC dvds. So I got I think 6 Pride dvds and 4 UFC dvds for $15.00

I am untamed, I need a leash
    I am insane, I need a shrink
    I love brain, I need a leech

I think BJ's standup is pretty damn good these days, its a major imporvment from his earlier days. The dude's got seriously heavy hands, and knows how to move them well. His chin also allows him to keep moving forward, which is another plus. The only issue with BJ is his motivation, hopefully getting revenge on Jens Pulver and getting the LW belt that eluded him will be enough for him to whup some ass. Or in BJ's words "JUST SCRAP"

Fallen^^ what a score!! lucky bastard.. thats how i got into mma years back.. a Video store going out of business and was selling a load of KOTC vids.. so i picked them up cheap as chips.

You wanna see mini Fedor?
    IMO Paulo Filho and Kid Yamamoto are on par with Fedor. Maybe fedor is equal at everything while Kid favours standing and Filho more the ground, but as far as dominating goes its very even. (OK maybe fedor wins by a nose).

In reply to CC's gogoplata call.. it was impressive, but i agree that from what i understand it takes some1 with average ground defence to get caught in one..

and on BJ.. he definately has good stand up.. and amazing takedown defence.. awesome balance.. i also would love to see him come in at 100%.. has the most potential in MMA.. (not including Vitor)

I forgot about KID, he's a serious badass; potentially Olympic calibur wrestler, great standup, easily the best guy in the world at 145, and easily a top guy at 155. Too bad that he's an asshole to 10th degree.

yeah, he is kind of an ass. I haven't heard of him pulling any dumb stuff since his suspension got lifted and he apologized for his incident. He kind of reminded me of a Nick Diaz kind of jerk, although i was impressed with Diaz's last performance, but even more with his "new" attitude before and after the fight. He was very sportsman like. Maybe he (Kid) just need a few ass whoopins like Zambidi gave him to humble him a bit. I also hope BJ gets his act together. His stand up against St Pierre was awsome, and I was imperessed with his performance against hughes. I am not a big hughes fan.

Fool me four times? We will see on saturday.

Yet they stare now across the plain at 10,000 SPARTANS commanding an army of 30,000 free Greeks! HAROOH! The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one! Good odds for any Greek. This day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny, and usher in a future brighter than anything we could imagine. GIVE THANKS MEN, TO LEONIDAS AND THE BRAVE 300! TO VICTORY!
    -Dilios at Plataea

yeah, he is kind of an ass. I haven't heard of him pulling any dumb stuff since his suspension got lifted and he apologized for his incident. He kind of reminded me of a Nick Diaz kind of jerk, although i was impressed with Diaz's last performance, but even more with his "new" attitude before and after the fight. He was very sportsman like. Maybe he (Kid) just need a few ass whoopins like Zambidi gave him to humble him a bit. I also hope BJ gets his act together. His stand up against St Pierre was awsome, and I was imperessed with his performance against hughes. I am not a big hughes fan.
    who's Zambidi?

Quote Originally Posted by JS316
    who's Zambidi?
    My thoughts too....

In other things, i believe KID was only nice to the last guy he faced (i forget his name) because the guy was a former olympian, having participated in the olympics. I think that's the only thing he really respects, casue he himself wants to be part of the olympics. Regardless...hes still an asshole

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

lol at Trigg i don't think it will be a good night for twingle toes

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,