Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^Oh definitely; just thought I'd back the Hunt a bit there. He needs a lot more experience before he's really on par with Pride's big names, but I feel he's off to an excellent start. Although Wandy did score takedowns really well against him, he wasn't able to capitalize like he usually does. Maybe Hunt will have a trick or two for Fedor as well, but I'm still of the opinion that he can't take the champ out.

Stand or fall, but choose.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thanx for the update on Hunt guys..
    By far my favourite fighter as he is a kiwi like me! I however give him almost no chance against Fedor. Barnett showed how to beat Hunt.. but hopefully Mark has learnt something from that loss.
    The thing is Fedor taps out BJJ Black belts and Top Quality wrestlers... even if hunt had above average Subdefence of ground game I would give him no chance...

Go Hunt!! I'll pray for that lucky KO punch though...
    or untill he taps

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

here's a a good reccent interview with Mirko Cro Cop:

Quote Quote
    (Croatian magazine Mens Health, November 2006.)

About preparation for fight

"Real fighter must be ready for fight as soon as he step from his bed every morning.
    If its necessary I will fight now, but if I have time for preparation, 2 months will be enough to prepare for fight against top fighter. I am repeating - fighter must be ready in any moment; I could fight now although I didnt train for 20 days. Its clear, if you are physical prepared for fight then you dont need to worry about things like-will you stay without stamina..."

About motivation

"For me every fighter is dangerous. There is no fighter that motivates me more or less. Every next fight is the most important-this is recipe, that is how it must be."

About time before fight

" I dont have special rithual, just warming up, relaxing.. Its a little uncomfortable the fact that my fights are usually at the end of event and I have to wait for a few hours. I am spending this time playing chess or something else. In the past I used to go to sleep before fight but that didnt show to be clever thing. To be first on fight schedulle would be ideal but that isnt possible right now."

About analysing fights

" I dont analyse my fights, I am just concentrated on next match. I dont watch often my fights and then admires to myself. I dont like to do that."

About learning

"People makes mistakes here. This is very simple. I dont have nothing more to learn about ultimate fight. I just have to keep the same level of explosivity,punch speed, reaction speed,recieving punch capability. Reaction on opponent attack is very important; how will you react, will you wait for opponent attack and response or will you be first to hit"

About mass and power

"Power is important but fighters who works only on their power are making mistake. Thinking that you will be more dangerous with more kilograms is wrong. That kind of fighters dont think that they will gass up faster. They could be dangerous for a minute or two but then they become easy trophy. The most important thing is to find a balance power-explosivity-condition.

About career

" I am satisfaied how things go on. I won OWGP belt which is today the most prestige belt in MMA world. I will work off seven,eight,nine.. fights more...when training start to be a pressure to me I will stop train, only recrative.
    There is still 10 fighters in MMA which I respect and it would be very interesting to fight them.
    After fighting career I will open MMA Center in Zagreb because ultimate fight will be number one. People are no more interested in that who is the best boxer, judo fighter,.... They are interested who is the best fighter."

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Excellent interview CC; repped for the find

I've always been a huge fan of CroCop. His attitude has always been top notch, and he's a ridiculously well-rounded fighter to boot.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

great read thanx CC

I am untamed, I need a leash
    I am insane, I need a shrink
    I love brain, I need a leech

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Cheers CC.. cool article

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I was reading through some of Matt Hughes old posts in his blog on his website, and he said in one that if Rich Franklin lost to Anderson Silva, he (Hughes) would consider jumping up to the 185 pound division and fighting Silva.

Thoughts?

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I think after seeing Silva's clinch and getting dismantled by GSP's standup Hughes is really reconsidering that prediction.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma
    I think after seeing Silva's clinch and getting dismantled by GSP's standup Hughes is really reconsidering that prediction.
    That's kind of what I was thinking too. I know he said that before his loss to GSP, but he got worked in that fight from the standup, and he's talking about getting in the octagon with Silva? Sounds like pride/ego talking there.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

new on Fedor

Quote Originally Posted by Sherdog
    Fedor Emelianenko , the consensus top fighter in the heavyweight division and widely regarded as the best pound-for-pound mixed martial artist in the sport, has agreed to fight in St. Petersburg, Russia, on March 3, sources inside the Bodog front office confirmed to Sherdog.com Friday.

With one bout remaining on his Dream Stage Entertainment contract, Emelianenko is scheduled to defend his PRIDE heavyweight belt in Japan versus Mark Hunt on New Year's Eve. While a clause in Emelianenko's current deal allows the Russian to compete in his home country, one Bodog source indicated that the well-financed company intends to sign Fedor to a long-term deal.

Considering Bodog's working relationship with Fedor's Red Devil Fight Team, from which eight fighters will compete on bodogFIGHT's initial pay-per-view Saturday in Vancouver, this revelation is not all that surprising.

At a minimum, Bodog has inked a deal with Fedor to fight March 3, likely versus recent UFC championship contender Jeff Monson. Also on the card, which will be broadcast on worldwide pay-per-view, both via the Internet and television, Sherdog.com was told that Aleksander Emelianenko will fight Antonio Silva, should the Brazilian heavyweight defeat Eric PeleSaturday.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

if anyone else is interested, Frank Trigg beat Jason Miller at the ICON show for their MW belt yesterday...Fuckin WOW

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Seeing Twinkletoes come out of his self-imposed retirement to win something like that was awesome. Does anyone want to place bets on how long he'll last?

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

i gotta admit, after seeing Trigg get tooled by Hughes and St. Pierre i forgot his ability, good to see him get a good win under his belt...but i still love Mayhem and im always gonna be a Mayhem Monkey

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma
    if anyone else is interested, Frank Trigg beat Jason Miller at the ICON show for their MW belt yesterday...Fuckin WOW

Damn thats huge alright... Mayhem is one of my fav fighters...im gutted..

Trigg is a good fighter all the same.. was very close to beating Matt hughes by choke..

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

He released that rear naked because, and I quote, "it was like wrapping my arm around a band of steel." Redneck defense came through; just hope he comes back hungry as well.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Quote
    Translated BY: MN-CRO

Crocop considering offer from UFC

Mirko could 'throw away' PRIDES 'dres' in Sunday.

ZAGREB – the offer from american organization UFC exists, it's not about milions of dollars, final decission about continuing career will be known at Sunday. That's how cro ,master of mma Mirko answered to rummors that now for days are circling on internet forums, about him leaving PRIDE and coming to americam aremas.

Like every other fighter, I'm also on the market. UFC offer is financial a little better than PRIDE's one, but I still didn't decide to 'change dres'. Only thing I can say for sure is that I don't know if I'll fight in saitama arene on new year night, said Mirko and added that besides UFC offer he got one more offer from america.

Crocop didn't want to be precise which argument will prevail in his decission, but it will not be money. We can imagine that cro gladiator is 'sick of' or 'tired of' (or something like that) japanese rings and that he want to try something new. UFC offers a little weaker HW cometition, but has lot more of glamure, lights of Las Vegas, L.A. and fights in octagon, in which crocop doesn0t have expirience yet.

In background of Mirko9s decission will be brobably fact that PRIDE is for months in financial troubles. Main men of japanese organization lost big contract with TV and they don9t manage to get new one. Besides that, there are rummors that Fedor is leaving Pride too, and with his leaving, Mirko will lost one more motiv to continue fight for japanese organization.

First UFC event, at which Mirko could participate will be 3th of February in Las Vegas.
    PLEASE come to UFC Mirko...we NEED you to pwn Timmeh

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^Fact. Please! Mirko would dominate the HW division, pure and simple. I wonder if other PRIDE fighters will be nervous about their parent orginization and make the hop? If so, Dana will really have to up the ante as far as pay goes, but the additional revenue brought in by said fighters should make up the difference.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I think he would be a great addition to the HW division in the UFC and it would be great to get to watch him fight on a regular basis

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions