Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 69 of 81 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,225 to 1,242 of 1454
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

i think Jeremy Horn taking Nathan Marquardt at UFC 81 (Horn's filling in for Thales Lietes (sp?))

...if true, OBE tell him i said good luck

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

who wants to put money on the Lesnar v. Mir fight? lol

I'm calling Lesnar wins by TKO in the second round

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma View Post
    i think Jeremy Horn taking Nathan Marquardt at UFC 81 (Horn's filling in for Thales Lietes (sp?))

...if true, OBE tell him i said good luck
    I'm not sure, but I could call him and ask.

Vitor is a solid fighter who was thrown into the limelight too soon for his own good. His initial and title-nabbing win over Couture was a serious left-fielder, which made his later domination at the hands of Randy all the more pronounced. That beating coupled with the horrible instance with his sister would throw anyone way off track, and I love the fact that Vitor is back in MMA and racking up wins again.

Jeremy Horn is an amazing fighter and I don't feel he's overrated at all. Being caught in his last bout was a surprise, but no one thought Chuck would go down in under two minutes either. He's lost to some of the biggest names in the business and he's often taken those bouts on short notice. He's the only man to have taken Chuck further than three rounds, and don't forget that he did pick up a clean KO win against Forrest a few years back.

He's held a number of titles across various orginizations, but seeing as how many of them lack widespread exposure it's an easy thing to miss. Horn's only hitch is his tendency to compete often, hence most orginizations are itchy to sign him to anything. If he were to agree to Zuffa's exclusive competition clause, I could see him going far on contracts in the UFC.

If I were to compile a list of failed/failing athletes with theoretical (or actual)potential it would feature names such as Patrick Cote, Elvis Sinosic, Joe Riggs, Melvin Guillard, Din Thomas, David Loiuaseu (SP? It's The Crow, either way), Ricco Rodriguez, Matt Lindland, Edwin Dewees, BJ Penn (yeah, I just said it....:keke, Nick Diaz, Karo Parysian, and a whole laundry list of others.

Stand or fall, but choose.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I gotta agree OBG with Penn he could've been so much better than he is. Oh and Mir will lose I'm sad to say

I am untamed, I need a leash
    I am insane, I need a shrink
    I love brain, I need a leech

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^ tru say, if he hadnt decided to fight way out of weight class all the time....but thats what makes BJ a fuckin warrior...he'll never be afraid to fight anyone

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^ tru say, if he hadnt decided to fight way out of weight class all the time....but thats what makes BJ a fuckin warrior...he'll never be afraid to fight anyone
    Agreed. Penn is the fucking man. I still want to see penn vs. gsp 2, and definitly penn vs. hughes 3. Hughes because BJ was DOMINATING that second fight and hughes came back from no where and put him in the weirdest position ive ever seen. Even as I was watching it, I couldnt imagine what penn could do to break out, cuz he was literally sealed. Props to hughes for that tho, damn impressive.

Seeing penn take out pulver was alot like gsp taking out hughes. Complete and utter domination.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Kanav View Post
    Agreed. Penn is the fucking man. I still want to see penn vs. gsp 2, and definitly penn vs. hughes 3. Hughes because BJ was DOMINATING that second fight and hughes came back from no where and put him in the weirdest position ive ever seen. Even as I was watching it, I couldnt imagine what penn could do to break out, cuz he was literally sealed. Props to hughes for that tho, damn impressive.

Seeing penn take out pulver was alot like gsp taking out hughes. Complete and utter domination.
    Agreed..when he's in shape he's the man.. add to your list BJ vs Gomi.. another good fight

Real eyes realize real lies

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Penn is a gifted fighter with an amazing lack of discipline. He's 2-3 in his last five fights, and that lack of focus has been the primary reason for that.

In his second fight with Hughes, he really wasn't 'dominating' per se. His tank looked better and he was looking good on the ground, but he was steadily losing the standup to Hughes. His sub attempt at the end of the second looked nasty but Hughes has a history of getting caught in similar positions late in the round and riding them out, ergo the attempt was just that (the fact that Rush beat him in this exact position was iciing on the cake for me)

Penn came out gassed in the third, and Hughes used the crucifix like clockwork just as he has a number of times in the past. Carlos Newton was in the same awful position but he had the presence of mind to get out....and then he was knocked out with Matt's insane powerbomb The fact that Penn tried to cop a fake 'broken rib' excuse only intensified BJ's overall lame rating; he was cocky and he gassed, but he'll never admit to something like that.

BJ goes into every fight overconfident and well-fed on his own hype, and it costs him. I favor Stevenson in their upcoming bout based on nothing more than his experience, consistency, and overall work ethic. If BJ doesn't pull his head out of his own butt (along with Rogan's:keke he'll roll into an embarrassing 2-4.

In all honesty I feel he's around the last person who deserves a shot at the newly vacant 155-lb belt as is. You could argue that the division isn't very deep, but that's simply not true. Beating a severly washed-up Jens Pulver[who's looking sharp again in WEC] doesn't qualify you for the potential duke in a division you haven't competed in for six years or so. I see Joe Lauzon, who actually played and beat Jens at his own game (if beating the former LW champ is a qualifier for a title shot, which is what the BJ 'huggers would have you believe), as being more deserving of facing Stevenson at this time. There is a locker room full of workers that deserve this shot much more than Penn does.

Situations like these are echoes of Frank Shamrock's wise observation in that Dana and the UFC are interested in pushing the marketable fighters, not the deserving ones. Lame, as money is laughably not an issue where the org is concerned

This, of course, is just my opinion.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Nice post.. definitely valid points OBE. You opened my eyes on a few things as I am a big BJ fan. I really like him as his JJ is so slick when he is motivated. I really would like to see him fight GSP with both guys coming in at their best and having 5 rounds.

I have to disagree with you though... i feel BJ does deserve a shot regardless of his recent loses. He lost to 2 high quality guys that would destroy any other LW guys fighting up a weight class. Also, Stevenson v Penn , IMO makes for an exciting match stylistically.
    Better than Werdum vs Gonzaga, as even though they've apparently fought before, I think will bore the shit out of me.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I dont like Penn simply because of how he disrespected Jens after their fight. Jens had only nice things to say after losing, BJ just plugs his site ad leaves. Pure disrespect to his competitors.

However good of a fighter BJ is doesnt justify how he acts.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby51cm View Post
    I dont like Penn simply because of how he disrespected Jens after their fight. Jens had only nice things to say after losing, BJ just plugs his site ad leaves. Pure disrespect to his competitors.

However good of a fighter BJ is doesnt justify how he acts.
    He gave some props to Pulver..maybe not as much as Jens gave him. But he welcomed Jens to come and train with him..

Admittedly he comes across very confident.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^I remember Pulver going off the chain with compliments, and then BJ just plugged his website and ran away....which he didn't update for awhile. I know Penn is a serious space cadet, but that was very dick-ish in my book.

I hear you on Gonzaga and Werdum, JS; here's to hoping that it exceeds our mutually low expectations. Just remembering what Wer did when Arlovski wouldn't play his game makes me shudder with dread.

My only problem with BJ's title shot is that he hasn't had to climb the ladder at all. He only done that twice-ish in the UFC, and it was nearly five years ago. Since then he's been spoon-fed high profile fights and instant title shots, starting with his first bout against Hughes in early 2004. BJ may be a great fighter, but I don't feel that qualifies him for easy street when others have to work.

BJ has one fight in the LW division in the last six years; that's truly what makes me feel that he doesn't deserve this bout. Rich Franklin wouldn't get an instant shot if he moved back to LHW, just as Hughes wouldn't if he moved to MW; BJ does though:dunnodude: I know it will be exciting, but as a competitor and a fan that's just not enough for me.

I probably read too much into this

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by onebigeric View Post
    ^^I remember Pulver going off the chain with compliments, and then BJ just plugged his website and ran away....which he didn't update for awhile. I know Penn is a serious space cadet, but that was very dick-ish in my book.

I hear you on Gonzaga and Werdum, JS; here's to hoping that it exceeds our mutually low expectations. Just remembering what Wer did when Arlovski wouldn't play his game makes me shudder with dread.

My only problem with BJ's title shot is that he hasn't had to climb the ladder at all. He only done that twice-ish in the UFC, and it was nearly five years ago. Since then he's been spoon-fed high profile fights and instant title shots, starting with his first bout against Hughes in early 2004. BJ may be a great fighter, but I don't feel that qualifies him for easy street when others have to work.

BJ has one fight in the LW division in the last six years; that's truly what makes me feel that he doesn't deserve this bout. Rich Franklin wouldn't get an instant shot if he moved back to LHW, just as Hughes wouldn't if he moved to MW; BJ does though:dunnodude: I know it will be exciting, but as a competitor and a fan that's just not enough for me.

I probably read too much into this
    He was fighting to be the number 1 contender tho, not the belt. Sherk fucked up there. Plus you have to realize the lightweight division is nowhere as deep as the light heavy weights in the ufc.

Yes he acts like a dick, and yeah I thought what he did to pulver was a little bit disrespectful, but at the end of the day, his fights are entertaining, and thats really all I care to watch.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

anyone have any doubts left that BJ deserved a shot?

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I never doubted his real ability to fight Stevenson and potentially beat him; I just don't see BJ as having worked enough in the LW division to get a shot/#1 contender bout so quickly.

That being said, the fight was awesome. Joe showed an immense amount of determination coming out like he did in the second, and that elbow from the bottom was slick. BJ was seriously focused and if he can keep this he'll have the strap for a good while.

I was surprised with Lambert's loss, and not so much with Gonzaga's. Marcus Davis should be near title contention by now (shut up Karo). Overall it was a decent event, but it still felt lacking.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^I agree... the event was lacking another good fight... Werdum surprised me with his stand up.

If BJ can beat Sherk who's next in line? There is alot of LW talent but they are not quite up to Title contention yet. Surely they wont throw Huerta in there unless he's fighting Sherk.

Guida,Aoki,Sakurai,Gomi,Davis,Lauzon (and that dude Manny..Karo's cousin..and even Danzig).would be interesting fights with Sherk... but I doubt they'd pose BJ many problems as none of them would be as good as Joe Stevenson. (I know its the styles that make the matches... meh, discuss.)

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

joe rogan said the ufc has resumed talks with Norifumi Yamamoto, Takanori Gomi and Hayato Sakurai...so if any of them come through, theres an opponent right there

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

joe rogan said the ufc has resumed talks with Norifumi Yamamoto, Takanori Gomi and Hayato Sakurai...so if any of them come through, theres an opponent right there
    Kid Yamamoto is the one guy there that I would love to see especially! He's even lighter than LW though isn't he? Might be too small, but he is definately a contender to BJ.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions