Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,368 of 1454
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchinator View Post
    That was the best PPV in a while, even the undercard fights were fun to watch.
    Totally the most stacked card Ive seen in a while. (Didn't even show Sokoujou's fight) especially compared to 85. Hughes v Alves main event?

Real eyes realize real lies

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

UFC 84 was a great card...one of the better UFC's in awhile

But UFC 85 sounds pretty damn lame...the Affliction card in July is pretty insane though.

"Its better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven"

OLYMPIA DREAM.4 Middleweight GP 2008 2nd Round
    Date: June 15th, 2008
    Place: Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Japan

Middleweight GP 2nd Round Fights:
    Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Melvin Manhoef
    Yoon Dong Sik vs. Gegard Mousasi
    Ronaldo Jacare vs. Jason Miller
    Kin Taiei vs. Zelg Galesic

Lightweight GP 2nd Round Fight:
    Shinya Aoki vs. Katsuhiko Nagata

Grappling Match:
    Mirko CroCop vs. Ralek Gracie

Featherweight Fight:
    Hideo Tokoro vs. Darren Uyenoyama

am i the only one that thinks Cro Cop vs a Gracie in a grappling contest isnt exactly the best idea?

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma View Post
    OLYMPIA DREAM.4 Middleweight GP 2008 2nd Round
    Date: June 15th, 2008
    Place: Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Japan

Middleweight GP 2nd Round Fights:
    Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Melvin Manhoef
    Yoon Dong Sik vs. Gegard Mousasi
    Ronaldo Jacare vs. Jason Miller
    Kin Taiei vs. Zelg Galesic

Lightweight GP 2nd Round Fight:
    Shinya Aoki vs. Katsuhiko Nagata

Grappling Match:
    Mirko CroCop vs. Ralek Gracie

Featherweight Fight:
    Hideo Tokoro vs. Darren Uyenoyama

am i the only one that thinks Cro Cop vs a Gracie in a grappling contest isnt exactly the best idea?
    yeah what the hell is CC thinking? I thought he was trying to rebuild his confidence.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Lesnar sucks, mir owned him. A picture of his future in mma?

Thought Aoki was with withdrawing from the GP? Melvin vs Sak will be awesome... hope it stays on the feet

^ i guess not lol, i think jacare/miller is gonna steal the show, thats gonna be a grappling war

Any thoughts on Kimbo vs Thompson?

IMO... disgrace...

Tap in round 1? Wheres the stoppage in round 2? Early stoppage in Round 3?

Quote Originally Posted by JS316 View Post
    Any thoughts on Kimbo vs Thompson?

IMO... disgrace...

Tap in round 1? Wheres the stoppage in round 2? Early stoppage in Round 3?
    I thought Kimbo taped in round 1 during the standing guiotine attempt as well, and then the anouncer goes "Kimbo is telling the ref that he is allright" - I think Thompson thought he had tapped as well. In round 2 it could have been stoped since Kimbo could not get out and was doing nothing to get out, but none of those shots seemed to be hurting him at all - so I am ok with it not being stoped. In round three that was certainly an early stopage, Thompson was hurt but he had not even gone down yet. All in all, Kimbo can obviously punch pretty hard, but that is about it, he is being pushed way, way to early, can you imagine him against somebody like Mir, it would be over quicker than Mir's fight against Lesnar.

Then in Lawler vs Smith, I have never seen a fight stoped due to a grazing eye poke like that, it was not that deep of a poke. Smith should have gotten his 5 minutes, that was shit, I think they obvioulsy were being overly cautious because it was on network tv and if that is the case move it back to cable and let the fighters fight.

The best fight of the night was the two women, I enjoyed that one. I also enjoyed Baroni getting knocked out, but again I think they stoped it maybe just a tad early, I would have liked to have seen the finishing shot.

Next time they need to speed things up a bit, an hour in all we had were two fights, at 1/2 an hour in, none, way to slow, and Shamrock needs to talk for himself and stop reading the teleprompter.

I am what I am and that's all that I am, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man, Woo, Woo.

someone explain to me how this is a valid stopage...let alone a KO

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma View Post
    someone explain to me how this is a valid stopage...let alone a KO

He was stumbling and close to a KO, but until he hits the ground it shouldnt have been stopped.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Minchinator View Post
    I thought Kimbo taped in round 1 during the standing guiotine attempt as well, and then the anouncer goes "Kimbo is telling the ref that he is allright" - I think Thompson thought he had tapped as well. In round 2 it could have been stoped since Kimbo could not get out and was doing nothing to get out, but none of those shots seemed to be hurting him at all - so I am ok with it not being stoped. In round three that was certainly an early stopage, Thompson was hurt but he had not even gone down yet. All in all, Kimbo can obviously punch pretty hard, but that is about it, he is being pushed way, way to early, can you imagine him against somebody like Mir, it would be over quicker than Mir's fight against Lesnar.

Then in Lawler vs Smith, I have never seen a fight stoped due to a grazing eye poke like that, it was not that deep of a poke. Smith should have gotten his 5 minutes, that was shit, I think they obvioulsy were being overly cautious because it was on network tv and if that is the case move it back to cable and let the fighters fight.

The best fight of the night was the two women, I enjoyed that one. I also enjoyed Baroni getting knocked out, but again I think they stoped it maybe just a tad early, I would have liked to have seen the finishing shot.

Next time they need to speed things up a bit, an hour in all we had were two fights, at 1/2 an hour in, none, way to slow, and Shamrock needs to talk for himself and stop reading the teleprompter.
    Bingo. I noticed they stopped the other fights much more quickly than they would usually.

An open letter from Bret Rogers regarding Kimbo Slice and EXC

http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/06/03...son/#more-1583

id really like to see this fight, but i doubt Gary Shaw wants to put his golden goose in any serious trouble

ok dont quote me on this, but it looks like Bret Rogers got fired by EXC...if thats true then i have 0 respect for Gary Shaw and EXC

^^WTF? Wankers man.
    But its obvious whats happening. They are trying to grow their company by cashing in on Kimbo's name. Its not about quality of fights or fighters at the moment. They just want people to tune in. You wait, there will be a new breed of noobs coming through talking about how amazing Kimbo is.
    Remember when the UFC started getting more publicity... "Chuck is unbeatable, Rich is unbeatable, Arlovski is unbeatable"

so remember how Big Nog was gonna be a coach on TUF? well apparently his 2 co-coaches are Lyoto Machine and Anderson Silva...so this TUF team has Nogueria...Machida...AND A. Silva....there are no words i can use to describe how fuckin ownage this team is

^lol..poor Mir...

guys chosen in his team will be gutted

the announcement on thurs from the UFC could concern 2 things i read about 1)Anderson Silva is fighting at 205 .....and 2)Floyd Mayweather is coming to UFC

now i just read these RUMORS...their not fact, not yet at least

the mayweather one is possible since mayweather did retire from boxing reccently and him and his management have been conversing with the UFC reccently as well

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions