• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

need some input on certain muscle groups

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i need some help on working back lats
and for lower chest
i dont like doing decline freeweight workouts
due to more stress than flat or incline for some reason
and would also like to know if incline close grip is good for building inner/upper chest

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Dips and pullovers alongside decline for lower chest. Is there a smith machine?
Which area of lats specifically? Pullups and underhand grip rows are great for lats.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
i wouldnt do declines and dips in the same workout.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the area of lats
the one when you do a rear lat pose
the wing looking area
i need work on that
i can do dips
im not so well with pullups

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
the only way to do be able to do pullups is to do them. They are hard at the start, but give it time and you're back will look awesome.

mgballa4life

mgballa4life

for lats personally i think pullups (particularly wide grip), reverse grips bb rows, t-bar rows, and cable rows
for lower chest i would say dips, decline bench on a smith machine and db flies seem to work for me
and as for the narrow incline bench...yes it hits both spots particularly well when i do them

any press that is narrow grip works the inside chest and inclines always favor the upper chest if done correctly. another good one for inner/upper chest is incline db flies

hope this helps:tiphat:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Do as many pull ups as you can, then next session do more. That's the only way to get better at them. You'll want to be hitting wide-grips if you really want to focus on that area but just start with normal grips and work your way up.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks guys, i'll start doing pullups more often
i do some outside on my patio with the arch brick wall
do a couple here and there

Mgballa, thanks, im mostly worried bout putting too much stress on my triceps, so i guess incline db flyes will do better.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You have to start doing wide grip pull ups for those wings you want. Slow and controlled on the way down and really learn to pull with your back. I think it is crucial to develop that mind muscle connection with your lats to really stimulate them properly. As far as the chest goes, I wouldnt worry a whole lot about switching up the angles to try to target that lower portion specifically. If you press heavy and hard with good form, you will fill out that chest with time however, i do think that you should incorporate some dips.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Creator has it right on with chest. There have been many studies done to show that flat bench and decline both have the same stimulus affect on the chest. Just simply get stronger. The chest really has to get bigger and grow as a whole rather than trying to divide it up.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
THanks Creator and Bambam,
i guess i will focus on heavy flat db press and occasionally do dips
to see if it changes anything, wide grip pull ups..well i'll have to see if i can do those, my arms are pretty darn long for my frame

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
decline and dips as has been mentioned for lower chest. as far as lats, i dont think anyone can say that u have to do this or that. wide grip pullups work, but theyre not the end all of lat development. braaq doesent do em at all and look at his lats. pulldowns to the front works fine, heavy bent over rows, and actually i find narrow grip chins hits the lats better (atleast for me) than wide grip pullups. so i do those and wide grip pulldowns. also if u have a pullover machine in ur gym try it out sometime, those really hits the lats hard.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks BB, guess im gonna have to try them both out .

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

hypo: I would try incorporating in dorian yates style lat pulls (underhand) as well as regular lat pulls to help you develop the strength to be able to do more pull ups, also lat pulls by themselves really help to work on the back
also I would try one arm db rows, work on getting the form down before adding up weight, pull to the hip it's a circular motion, pulling straight up wont give you that taper that you are looking for
also try bent over rows, make sure u keep ure back stiff on these and focus in on your back, for variation change up your grip from overhand to underhand

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hypo: I would try incorporating in dorian yates style lat pulls (underhand) as well as regular lat pulls to help you develop the strength to be able to do more pull ups, also lat pulls by themselves really help to work on the back
also I would try one arm db rows, work on getting the form down before adding up weight, pull to the hip it's a circular motion, pulling straight up wont give you that taper that you are looking for
also try bent over rows, make sure u keep ure back stiff on these and focus in on your back, for variation change up your grip from overhand to underhand

underhand rows imo is not necessary, rowing 225, maybe 315 with an underhand grip puts tremendous stress on the biceps, and its easy to tear something. i would just go with overhand rows, and rather do underhand rows with cables or something.

mgballa4life

mgballa4life

Mgballa, thanks, im mostly worried bout putting too much stress on my triceps, so i guess incline db flyes will do better.

No problem:linedrunk:
if the incline db flies are done correctly then there should be little to no stress on ur tris

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i suck at rows in general guys
i can do them on the smith machine nicely
but free weight wise.. its difficult balancing

mgballa4life

mgballa4life

i suck at rows in general guys
i can do them on the smith machine nicely
but free weight wise.. its difficult balancing

AHA! That means u should do them more often to get those balancing muscles stronger which in turn will help ur back grow bigger and wider. Continue doing rows on the smith machine so u can lift nice and heavy and then incorporate a few sets of free weight rows to get the balancing muscles stronger so u can start lifting some serious free weights. The free weights are way more effective at getting ur back bigger and thicker

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks i found out at my gym the smith machine is straight down/up
my old gym it was slanted and i did rows on it, facing behind. so it would move up towards my chest/lower area
this one..being straight up/down i dunno, im gonna check into it
see how it works, im also going to do db rows monday.