• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The wasted right to vote

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
(Inspired by the Canadian election thread)

I don't get this system where you don't have to vote...

Its like you're letting the government or at least the ruling party and their supporters control you because you can't be bothered to step up and have your say. I have rarely ever liked a candidate for the federal election when I've voted in Oz but the fact that its a compulsory vote has at least made me think about who is going to be in power and what its going to mean to me, and if the party I voted for doesn't get in then at least there's the chance someone with a similar stance on issues important to me is going to get into the senate. Its "keeping the bastards honest" to quote the Australian Democrats (slightly out of context as I am inferring the need to keep them honest as well).

Sure if you don't want your vote to count you can do a donkey vote or vote for the "Free Marijuana" Party or the "I Fish and I Vote Party" but for the most part I think people take their vote seriously.

Why, if they have the freedom and the right to vote, do so many people waste it?

Thoughts? Especially from you liberty loving yanks :linedrunk:

Last edited by a moderator:
thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
because i have the freedom and the choice not too...you have the right to bare arms, do you have a gun?....in this election, i dont see the point in voting fo someone because i hate them the least, voting by default is not for me

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
i dont have the right to bare arms :spy:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There's literally nobody that I want to vote for. None of the candidates at all are saying the issues important to me, so no matter who I vote for contradicts what I hope to see.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There's literally nobody that I want to vote for. None of the candidates at all are saying the issues important to me, so no matter who I vote for contradicts what I hope to see.

Same here. I would think that my vote is going to a "wrong Cause" at least in my eyes. I would have been first in line if Ron Paul made it though because at least when he speaks, he makes sense.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are other things to vote on which is why I will still be voting even though Ron Paul is not on the ballet. There are state prop.'s that affect your state or city directly and local representatives that you vote for too. Since I have been giving the right to vote by the founding fathers and those that risked their lives or died for that right I will honor them by contributing and voicing my right to vote.