• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

The wasted right to vote

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
(Inspired by the Canadian election thread)

I don't get this system where you don't have to vote...

Its like you're letting the government or at least the ruling party and their supporters control you because you can't be bothered to step up and have your say. I have rarely ever liked a candidate for the federal election when I've voted in Oz but the fact that its a compulsory vote has at least made me think about who is going to be in power and what its going to mean to me, and if the party I voted for doesn't get in then at least there's the chance someone with a similar stance on issues important to me is going to get into the senate. Its "keeping the bastards honest" to quote the Australian Democrats (slightly out of context as I am inferring the need to keep them honest as well).

Sure if you don't want your vote to count you can do a donkey vote or vote for the "Free Marijuana" Party or the "I Fish and I Vote Party" but for the most part I think people take their vote seriously.

Why, if they have the freedom and the right to vote, do so many people waste it?

Thoughts? Especially from you liberty loving yanks :linedrunk:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
491
Points
16
because i have the freedom and the choice not too...you have the right to bare arms, do you have a gun?....in this election, i dont see the point in voting fo someone because i hate them the least, voting by default is not for me
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
i dont have the right to bare arms :spy:
 
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
There's literally nobody that I want to vote for. None of the candidates at all are saying the issues important to me, so no matter who I vote for contradicts what I hope to see.
 
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,735
Points
38
There's literally nobody that I want to vote for. None of the candidates at all are saying the issues important to me, so no matter who I vote for contradicts what I hope to see.

Same here. I would think that my vote is going to a "wrong Cause" at least in my eyes. I would have been first in line if Ron Paul made it though because at least when he speaks, he makes sense.
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
There are other things to vote on which is why I will still be voting even though Ron Paul is not on the ballet. There are state prop.'s that affect your state or city directly and local representatives that you vote for too. Since I have been giving the right to vote by the founding fathers and those that risked their lives or died for that right I will honor them by contributing and voicing my right to vote.
 
Top