Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    I fucking hated the book Angels and Demons... I did however enjoy the movie.
    I found the book good and the movie shit.

I just read The Lost Symbol. It should have finished 100 pages earlier, but babbled on about bullshit which ruined it.

Real eyes realize real lies

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Very interesting and humourous, but the ending was ambiguous and non-descript. Great use of alliteration throughout. Completely different from the TV series.
    Very different than the TV series. Much more humorous. I liked part of the open ending leaving the possibility of a further encounter. Which is something I would have liked to have seen.

The second book, Dearly Devoted Dexter is better. And with all my heart, i emplore you not to read the third.

Peace

God Loves Bodybuilders, and everyone else for that matter.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeland View Post
    Very different than the TV series. Much more humorous. I liked part of the open ending leaving the possibility of a further encounter. Which is something I would have liked to have seen.

The second book, Dearly Devoted Dexter is better. And with all my heart, i emplore you not to read the third.
    Yeh I've heard that he jumped the shark with that third book.

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Yeh I've heard that he jumped the shark with that third book.
    I actually regret reading the third. It was of a completely different (and IMO inferior) tone and plot.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I actually regret reading the third. It was of a completely different (and IMO inferior) tone and plot.
    My sister said the same thing. In which case when I return the first one I'll grab the second book. Have you read the fourth? Is it any good? I got the impression that it was a return to form, but not as good as the first two.

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

My sister said the same thing. In which case when I return the first one I'll grab the second book. Have you read the fourth? Is it any good? I got the impression that it was a return to form, but not as good as the first two.
    I have not yet read the fourth book. I will be doing that shortly and I will let you know what I think when i finish it. From the reviews I have read is that Lindsay attempts to bring things back to a good stance.

On another note, just finished reading Michael Crichton's Timeline. It was pretty good as far as pop sci-fi goes. Intelligent discussions of some quantum mechanics. Great historical theories and discussions. As is often the case, Crichton does a good job educating the reader a little as he goes along.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by lifterdead View Post
    I just finished the Ender's Shadow series by Orson Scott Card. I loved Ender's game, and these are decent.
    I actually just finished Ender's Game for my Great Works class (speculative fiction )

I enjoyed the book and was considering reading the related novels. You recommend them?

The Official Book Thread

Quote Originally Posted by drunk tweak
    REFELECTION Z DVEVICE!!!

i nedds ed one!! ahadsfa

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Bit of news, probably one of the most over-rated authors of all time has died at age 91. I refer of course to JD Salinger, author of one of the worst "modern classics" I have ever had the displeasure of reading; The Catcher in the Rye.

I would say RIP, but apparently he sat on a heap of unpublished works and there are rumours that now they are likely to see the light of day

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

About 60% of the way through "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy, amazing read so far. I highly recommend it.

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Ok, finished The Road, easily on of the best pieces of literature I have ever read. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Fantastically written with a great story to boot.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by warpig View Post
    I hope they server beer in hell

its by Tucker Max and was a NY Times best seller... the shits rediculous
    My english teacher who is from Rhode Island gave it to me today. I've finished the first story. Shit's hilarious.

New MOTM October 2009
    My lifting videos

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Ok, finished The Road, easily on of the best pieces of literature I have ever read. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Fantastically written with a great story to boot.
    I'll be reading it for a class soon, good to hear you loved it.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Any alternative history fans out there? I'm currently on to the second novel in John Brimingham's Weapons Of Choice series and am enjoying it thoroughly. The premise is that a future 21st century naval force is sent back in time to 1942 prior to the Battle of Midway. The book goes into great detail on the culture clash, racism and bigotry etc that a multi-cultural 21st century group would encounter back in the 40's. And also provides an entertaining vision of the past being dragged through the decades of technological and social advancement much faster than it could have ever hoped or would have wanted.

My log - read it f*ckers!

My lifting vids

There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy.
    -Mark Rippetoe

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ Wait wait wait. You read??!!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

reading darkly dreaming dexter ...

I'm a huge fan of the tv series, and the book seems really great too, really enjoy the wrighting.

The Official Book Thread

Natzo's LOG - Check my workouts!ASC 09 Top 5 pick Champion'10 MM fantasy Football league Champion

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Natzo View Post
    reading darkly dreaming dexter ...

I'm a huge fan of the tv series, and the book seems really great too, really enjoy the wrighting.
    I read it a few months ago. He really is a good writer. Just read some of the comments we've made about the series above.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I was trying to find the Dark Tower series in a book store recently, but was thwarted by the lack of Stephen King books. I find this puzzling as he rates as one of the most popular authors of the 20th century, to not have one of his books on the shelves is just ridiculous. But this piece of news should mean my efforts will be rewarded next time:

Quote Quote
    Ron Howard Will Turn Stephen King's The Dark Tower Into A Movie Trilogy
    By Josh Tyler: 2010-04-29

Itís been rumored for years and now itís finally happening. Deadline say Stephen Kingís masterful fantasy series ďThe Dark TowerĒ is headed for theaters. As part of a deal being worked on at Universal (but not yet completed) the seven books which comprise the Dark Tower story will be condensed into three movies, in a script written by Akiva Goldsman and to be directed by Ron Howard.

The deal is also said to include a package which will result in a Dark Tower TV series, though how theyíd pull that off in addition to the movies is a complete mystery. Will the three films cover only three of the books, leaving the TV series to cover the rest? Or will they combine all seven books into three films and then create a TV series which picks up where the final "Dark Tower" book leaves off? We won't know until the deal is finalized and Howard starts talking. King is reportedly working on an eigth novel which tackles a different storyline from "The Dark Tower", that could be possible fodder for the TV series as well.

Whatís clear here is that, however they split it up, done properly The Dark Tower could be the next Lord of the Rings. Kingís books follow a wandering Gunslinger named Roland, the last of his kind, as he wanders across dimensions and other worlds on an endless quest to find the Dark Tower, a fabled building said to be a nexus between worlds. The stories are massively epic in scope and cross over all sorts of different genres. Itís more than just fantasy, itís science fiction, itís horror, itís gut-wrenching drama, and itís part old-school shoot-em-up Western. The character of Roland is in theory more of a wandering knight than a cowboy, but in appearance and disposition, itís as if Clint Eastwood wandered off the set of one his classic Wild West tales and into a Stephen King novel. This could be huge.

I say could be, because thereís one problem. His name is Ron Howard. Ron is a fine choice if youíre looking for sappy, schmaltzy Oscar-bait but itís hard to imagine him tackling the darker, more horrific elements of The Dark Tower with any success. Earlier in his career I might have had more faith in his ability to do this. The guy who made Backdraft and Apollo 13 seemed like he might have something tense and edgy somewhere inside him. But Iím not sure I believe the director of Cinderella Man and A Beautiful Mind is capable of anything like this. I hope Iím wrong because done right, The Dark Tower could be brilliant; an epic, unforgettable Oscar winner.

At one point JJ Abrams was supposed to be developing The Dark Tower into a feature film but back in November that fell through. Now itís about to end up in the hands of Ron Howard. Weíll let you know as soon as this is confirmed as a done deal.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^I just made a mess in my pants. A very happy mess.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Similar Bodybuilding Threads

1. Official sex thread
    By Zigurd in forum Off-Topic Discussion