2011 Sheru Classic! - Official thread - Page 10
Your first visit?
Register

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 163 to 180 of 183
  1. #163
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation COACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,579

    Arrow Right Arm in the India :)

    6195120460 f5222a9c14 z 1





    •   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community
        
      Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

  2. #164

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    Damn he looks like Kahn in that shot


    Im extremely leaner now with 21'' guns........dig it bitches!!!


  3. #165
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation pakiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,305

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    ^ Couple of idiots in the crowd thought his name was Jay!!!




  4. #166
    Elvira turns me on bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Natzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Setúbal - Portugal
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    10,931

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    man he needs to stop those ass crack poses up in the air... wtf..

    the moonlanding pose is not allowed in the stage and that **** is? WTF!


    Last edited by TalkAdmin; 01-02-2020 at 06:16 PM.
    sigpic74948 1

    Natzo's LOG - Check my workouts!ASC 09 Top 5 pick Champion'10 MM fantasy Football league Champion


  5. #167
    Mecca Super-***** bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation dilatedmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,087

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    Yeah, idk why paki likes that kind of ****.


    "Yeah I grunt when I get my swole at the gym. So everyone can see how jacked and tan I am." -Brucie Kibbutz

    NewKaiSig 2


  6. #168
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation pakiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,305

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dilatedmuscle View Post
    Yeah, idk why paki likes that kind of ****.



    I know Dilated was kidding but let me re--re-re-expose the two loves of his life, again
    I hated when Ronnies jiggled his ass and did poledance routines and I hate it when Kai finds excuses to show off his gigantic ass to his ass-worshippers... I have been repeatedly pointing out that Ms Kai Greene finds excuses to face away from camera and crowd ALL THE TIME and also find excuses to bend over too... wears thick as hell fleec hoodies while wearing tight as spandex even wehn he is NOT training leggs....true, ture, true! I dont buy he took co*k up his a*s only because he needed money... no way, no way Jose (Dilated), no way!
    I am so glad Phil dialled in and Kai didnt and now hopefully because of admiration that rigning Mr Olympia commands and the fact that Phil is a great bodybuilder, the "Butt-flashing Sasquach" will never ever be the top represetetive of our sport!


    Last edited by pakiman; 09-30-2011 at 02:18 AM.


  7. #169
    Elvira turns me on bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Natzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Setúbal - Portugal
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    10,931

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    ^^^^

    Great post Paki lol


    Now that you mentined that Ronnie's posing when he did that "I'm a male stripper jiggle with his ass" was ****in embarrassing.




  8. #170
    Mecca Super-***** bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation dilatedmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,087

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    You guys are just jealous that your morals wont let you take a **** up your *** for high profit.




  9. #171
    Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    397

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    Totally agree about age, that I still consider not a problem but havent you see the improvements Jay brought onstange just for changing several types of workouts for others on 2009 Mr. Olympia and the guy with +30 years with Hany Rambod guide. For those who think that a position on a squat or a slow pace movement or volume on sets cannot make a difference just look an article from Hany Rambod on Bill Wilmore Narrow stance squats. Or what about Hany Rambod article on flex on Jay Cutler training and prep for Mr. Olympia 2009 this sport does not respect age or theories is just experimenting and testing, age is a great factor but is not an issue as in other sports.




  10. #172
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation COACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,579

    Arrow Jay Cutler , he travels to Punjab Province!!

    jayfan2 1
    jayplane 1
    jayflexbi 1
    jaytable 1


    Last edited by TalkAdmin; 01-02-2020 at 05:55 PM.


  11. #173
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation COACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,579

    Arrow Jay trains legs in Bombay!!

    jay bombay 1


    Last edited by TalkAdmin; 01-02-2020 at 06:16 PM.


  12. #174
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation pakiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,305

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    With 10 years of top 2 spots in Pro contest and the way his run his BBing career in general, he must be loaded... has to be number in making most money off of pro BBing career!
    I remember almost 16/17 years back Eddie Robinson saying that top three or four pros were easily making over 500Ks a year from guest posing, endorsments and prize money... BBing was no way near as lucerative back then as it is now a days... Jay must be rolling in it!




  13. #175
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation tim290280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,271

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhlforever View Post
    Totally agree about age, that I still consider not a problem but havent you see the improvements Jay brought onstange just for changing several types of workouts for others on 2009 Mr. Olympia and the guy with +30 years with Hany Rambod guide. For those who think that a position on a squat or a slow pace movement or volume on sets cannot make a difference just look an article from Hany Rambod on Bill Wilmore Narrow stance squats. Or what about Hany Rambod article on flex on Jay Cutler training and prep for Mr. Olympia 2009 this sport does not respect age or theories is just experimenting and testing, age is a great factor but is not an issue as in other sports.
    I said I'd like you to explain the physiology behind your statement. Because the "squat stance" is a myth. Doesn't change anything. There are countless numbers of studies that have been done proving that stance width does not affect muscle recruitment of the quads.

    All due respect to Hany, but he clearly has no idea about muscle activation patterns due to stance width in the squat. Please read my thread in the training section which has the relevant scientific references and explanations.


    Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off


  14. #176
    Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation oldez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    185

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    I said I'd like you to explain the physiology behind your statement. Because the "squat stance" is a myth. Doesn't change anything. There are countless numbers of studies that have been done proving that stance width does not affect muscle recruitment of the quads.

    All due respect to Hany, but he clearly has no idea about muscle activation patterns due to stance width in the squat. Please read my thread in the training section which has the relevant scientific references and explanations.
    You have a too narrow view on this. Over simplifying thing often makes people draw the wrong conclusions. I have read the book Target Bodybuilding which you state as your source and I have read the scientific studies, but they only look at one thing. The human body is far more complex than you/they make it out to be. The data in Target Bodybuilding was gathered by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) after doing exercises by watching how pumped the muscles got. It didn't measure the force production of a certain part of the muscle during an exercise (mainly because it is impossible). That is why this data although comprehensive it isn't conclusive. Just measuring how pumped the muscles got isn't a good indicator when comparing one execise to another.

    A lot of things such a range of motion, strength curve, resistance curve and so forth come into play. Although the muscle recruitment might be the same or similar in certain exercises the overload occurs at a different stage of the exercise. For example the oblique part of vastus medialis (VMO) at the bottom of the muscle is overloaded when the knee joint is at maximal flexion and the rest of vastus medialis is overloaded at maximal extension of the knee joint. Although VMO might be maximally contracting at maximal extension of the knee joint the force production on the patellar tendon is minimal. So by doing short ROM extensions on the knee joint might recruit the VMO it is not being overloaded which means the the muscle will not grow.

    When doing wide stance squats adductors come more into play at the stage when vastus lateralis is overloaded. When doing narrow stance squats the adductors do not come in to play and the vastus lateralis takes the brunt of the exercise. Studies must look at only a few variables. Otherwise making the studies would become almost impossible. That is why you shouldn't draw too many conclusions from the studies.




  15. #177
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation pakiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,305

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    ^ Good point. Leg being a very large & complex muscle group different stance would definately affent different muscles within the leg muscle group... taking an exaggerated example here but one can't argue that close stance squat put same workload on same muscles as the sumo squat!
    I think stance or grip width might not be as much a factor when you are training smaller muscle groups (bicep for example) but for complex muscles groups the stance/grip width definately have varying affect on the muscle group.




  16. #178
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation tim290280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,271

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    Quote Originally Posted by oldez View Post
    You have a too narrow view on this. Over simplifying thing often makes people draw the wrong conclusions. I have read the book Target Bodybuilding which you state as your source and I have read the scientific studies, but they only look at one thing. The human body is far more complex than you/they make it out to be. The data in Target Bodybuilding was gathered by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) after doing exercises by watching how pumped the muscles got. It didn't measure the force production of a certain part of the muscle during an exercise (mainly because it is impossible). That is why this data although comprehensive it isn't conclusive. Just measuring how pumped the muscles got isn't a good indicator when comparing one execise to another.

    A lot of things such a range of motion, strength curve, resistance curve and so forth come into play. Although the muscle recruitment might be the same or similar in certain exercises the overload occurs at a different stage of the exercise. For example the oblique part of vastus medialis (VMO) at the bottom of the muscle is overloaded when the knee joint is at maximal flexion and the rest of vastus medialis is overloaded at maximal extension of the knee joint. Although VMO might be maximally contracting at maximal extension of the knee joint the force production on the patellar tendon is minimal. So by doing short ROM extensions on the knee joint might recruit the VMO it is not being overloaded which means the the muscle will not grow.

    When doing wide stance squats adductors come more into play at the stage when vastus lateralis is overloaded. When doing narrow stance squats the adductors do not come in to play and the vastus lateralis takes the brunt of the exercise. Studies must look at only a few variables. Otherwise making the studies would become almost impossible. That is why you shouldn't draw too many conclusions from the studies.
    Which from memory is what I discussed in the other thread. I don't know if I included the references on ROM. VM exercises tend to focus on "lockout" so step downs and step ups from a low platform. I'm very familiar with these since me knee rehab was dominated by them. Also I wasn't talking about adductors and abductors, you are right about their involvement, as they change with a number of things. It still doesn't change the VL story which is the common myth. Also, the VM doesn't really have an oblique part, that is one of those pseudo things made up by trainers. There isn't the nerve separation present that would give a VMO.

    The big lack of info I see in the science is that the studies tend to focus on the VL, VM, BF and sometimes the glutes. They tend to ignore the lower back, the other quad muscles, the other hamstring muscles, the ad and ab ductors and the good old calves (of which some parts also cross the knee joint).

    Suffice to say, the studies still show that a good medium to medium wide stance, going as low as possible, is still the best squat. If I wanted more VL I'd work on my ROM on leg exercises.




  17. #179
    Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation oldez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    185

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    Which from memory is what I discussed in the other thread. I don't know if I included the references on ROM. VM exercises tend to focus on "lockout" so step downs and step ups from a low platform. I'm very familiar with these since me knee rehab was dominated by them. Also, the VM doesn't really have an oblique part, that is one of those pseudo things made up by trainers. There isn't the nerve separation present that would give a VMO.
    VMO isn't a separate muscle it is the same muscle. It is about functionality. Since the muscle fibers of VMO horisontal compared to the rest of the VM they come into play at a different stage of the ROM of the knee joint. It is not a pseudo thing.

    The big lack of info I see in the science is that the studies tend to focus on the VL, VM, BF and sometimes the glutes. They tend to ignore the lower back, the other quad muscles, the other hamstring muscles, the ad and ab ductors and the good old calves (of which some parts also cross the knee joint).
    Yeah that is the problem in most studies. They ignore too many things.

    Suffice to say, the studies still show that a good medium to medium wide stance, going as low as possible, is still the best squat.
    I agree.




  18. #180
    Elvira turns me on bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Natzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Setúbal - Portugal
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    10,931

    Re: Sheru Classic! - Official thread

    I'm starting to love oldez.






    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

        

        




 

 
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.