• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Interesting analysis of Kuclo's win in Brazil

• Thread starter Bodybuilding News
  • Start date
Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Musclemecca Bodybuilding Feeds - Your source for Bodybuilding News in the Muscle world!

from bios3training love this guy's vids, but I disagree with him here. Although, he still makes some good points. www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH2Fi6vzjBE hH2Fi6vzjBE
from bios3training

love this guy's vids, but I disagree with him here. Although, he still makes some good points.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH2Fi6vzjBE

So he's basically saying that the judges gave the show to the person who won in the most judging criteria. Kuclo was just as big but with better symmetry (by which, this guy means proportion as well), and conditioning...but he was flat while Beyeke was full. I agree with that assessment, however, I think Beyeke still should have won simply because he looked most impressive to me. That's how great I think his fullness and round muscle bellies are.

Bios3 is right in saying this is how lots of shows are won, but by the same token some shows are also won by a competitor winning in only one judging criterion. Like when Kai beat Dexter at that Prague show. Kai deserved to win, imo, but fact is that he only beat Dexter due to overwhelming size since Dexter wins in the other judging criteria.

I think it illustrates this point - *how much* of a difference in conditioning is enough to say, outweigh another competitor being bigger or more balanced? There's no clear-cut answer to that. It's gonna vary with each person. This shows the subjectivity of the sport.

Maybe fans who cry out for more objective judging should be careful what they wish for. That's exactly what it is when judges reward someone who won in more judging criteria over someone who may have lost in more categories but still had a more impressive physique. The "better overall package" via what the competitor looks like is a subjective way of judging, whereas simply seeing who won in the most categories of judging criteria would be a more objective way of judging.