• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Brand new beginner

Q

Quikstryke

Hi everyone. Im 33 and 220lbs and live in Reno Nv. Had gastric bypass 2 years ago and lost 130lbs. I want to lift and put on muscle and get rid of the remaining fat I have. I dont want to injure myself or have setbacks that will kill my motivation. I have no idea how to build a workout routine or what suppliments I should he talking. I have a 5lb container of gold standard whey 100 on the way but thats it.. any help would be much appriciated!

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is a big loss of weight! Congrats!

W

wulfman

Have you ever lifted before ? You need to learn the proper techniques so you don't hurt yourself. There are easy exercises like the bicep curl and then very difficult exercises that can lead to long term damage if not done correctly like the dead lift. I suggest you work out with free weights if you want to gain muscle.

FARMABOOM

FARMABOOM

A person cannot go against nature, one must sleep at night :)
A broken mode often does not benefit. Only in a dream is a muscle recovery and a reboot of the nervous system.

Sleep well and when you get enough sleep, beat the enemy hard :)

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is the first time that I've heard of a gastric bypass which I think is related to the intestine. It's good that you have the goal to build muscles but I suggest that you should have a clearance from your doctor. Better yet get a workout guidance from him because a workout may go against the health of your surgery. I understand that it was already 2 years ago but I just want to play it safe. However you can do light workouts for the moment until you get the feel of doing regular workout for your muscles.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would like to recommend getting some gym classes in order to have the opportunity of being helped by the gym instructor in order to avoid making any mistakes that might cause any long term or short term injuries for you.

There is no harm in asking for help.

Reactions: TalkAdmin
H

Henrywrites

Banned
When it comes to building muscles, it is always important that we realize that we are going to put in the work to achieve massive results at the end of the day. You can't really be scared of getting injured while training as you won't have rapid success, if there's no pain attached. When I started training, I experienced some pains in the first week, but that didn't make me quit and now, I am happy for the progress that I've made.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When it comes to building muscles, it is always important that we realize that we are going to put in the work to achieve massive results at the end of the day. You can't really be scared of getting injured while training as you won't have rapid success, if there's no pain attached. When I started training, I experienced some pains in the first week, but that didn't make me quit and now, I am happy for the progress that I've made.

This is absolute true that you have just mentioned here to new beginner in working out or bodybuilding. The first week into one's involvement in working out is the most difficult and challenging week because it's the week one actually quits the workout or continue to do it for a long time. The body will be ridden with pains in every part of the body including the joints which makes it a very painful experience. I had my first week challenge and I almost nearly quit because of abdominal pains but I persisted and got through it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
G

G4E!

Just stick to the protein you have for now.

P

pgcc604

Hi everyone. Im 33 and 220lbs and live in Reno Nv. Had gastric bypass 2 years ago and lost 130lbs. I want to lift and put on muscle and get rid of the remaining fat I have. I dont want to injure myself or have setbacks that will kill my motivation. I have no idea how to build a workout routine or what suppliments I should he talking. I have a 5lb container of gold standard whey 100 on the way but thats it.. any help would be much appriciated!
listen man I read your posts I would love to help you and I wouldn't charge you anything to help you I had a 25-year legal career I made enough money.
I started bodybuilding in 1986 I started competing in 1990 through 2001 I did my last contest which was the USA that's when I graduated law school and started working as an attorney and found out there was no way I could work as an attorney and try to compete in bodybuilding so I gave it up. even though I gave up the competing I still judged in the MPC and I still kept in touch with people now I'm retired I retired early and I'm back to training hard again and I went on a couple of cycles again I'm looking pretty good again so I've actually been thinking about doing the Masters Nationals.

anyway I'm not trying to say I'm the greatest or I'm some kind of girl or any bullshit like that but there's not going to be too many people here or anywhere else that are going to have more knowledge more experience and more years involved in this you're talking over 30 plus years of bodybuilding experience as a competitor, as a trainer, and as a judge. with you the whole thing to do is you have to come up with the right combination of nutrients in your diet protein carbs that will allow you to continue to lose weight but also build muscle slowly you don't want to eat too much and gain fat with the muscle because you had cardiovascular problems that are very serious double bypass kill you and that's the last thing you need is some kind of problem like that again so it's something we would have to be really careful with. what I would do is depending on how you answered the questions I asked you I would need to know first of all how fast or slow your metabolism is or how you feel how fast or slow it is that's going to determine how much total food you're probably going to eat and over time I'll learn how your body works it usually takes six seven weeks but by then I'll know how to make you eat a certain way and how you react. I've done it with so many people already for contest usually not just to lose weight I really never work with anybody just to lose weight but your story is a little different you're you have health issues and I really don't want to see somebody 33 years old do the wrong thing or get the wrong advice and end up with another heart attack. I mean it would be easy for me to help you it's not a big deal but and like I said I wouldn't charge you anything if you're interested just PM me I mean and we'll get to we'll get to it. I do suggest the one thing you don't do is try this yourself with no help at all and also the wrong help do not do this with the wrong help. like go into your gym and grab one of these $10 an hour trainers that don't know shit and make them help you cuz you're not going to get any help. if anyone you talk to trying to find someone to help you give you some kind of one piece of paper with a generic training program and a generic diet on it hang up the phone on them or never contact them again because everybody is so different there is no such thing as an effective generic diet plan or even training plan that you can give to everybody and it'll work. what I do that works if I gave that to you and you did the same exact thing most likely it wouldn't work there's a chance it could but everybody is so different like I said just because it works for me doesn't mean it's going to do shit for you. so that's the whole goal is to figure out what works for you what type of diet, how much food, how much training, what type of training and if you wanted to delve into the anabolic part of it you know what kind of that too and I don't know if you would want to do that with your heart problems but that's a personal choice. anyway man I'm here and I really don't care if you use me or not I'm just offering my help and I'm telling you to not do this by yourself because it's really complicated it's not easy to lose muscle and gains to lose fat and gain muscle and you're not going to be able to figure it out yourself and if you get the wrong help it's going to be worse than no help. and most of the time whatever help you going to get is going to be the wrong help and please don't pay anybody because I'm telling you I won't pay you and you probably are not going to find anybody better than me anywhere on here and I won't charge you a dime

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk