How did body builders in the past grow big?
Your first visit?
Register

Member bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

How did body builders in the past grow big?

Sorry if this thread seems stupid but, How did people get jacked back in 1900-1960s? Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure they didnt know lots about diet and protein/ protein dialy intake/ bulking (eating 500 cals above normal calorie intake), counting protein on each meal taken, was it even that easy to buy enough food back then?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: How did body builders in the past grow big?

Two simple words, plain hard work. If today is so much easier to get a bigger body taking steroids and other supplements, back in the days longer hours and full commitment was necessary to get a bigger size. We have our life made easier these days.

MuscleMecca God
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation KaiGold's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

They have known many things about nutrition for a long time. It's nothing new.

The musclemecca bodybuilding news guy

Member bodybuilding reputation naturalbodybuilder's Avatar
    Height
    5' 9"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by ptahm22 View Post
    Sorry if this thread seems stupid but, How did people get jacked back in 1900-1960s? Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure they didnt know lots about diet and protein/ protein dialy intake/ bulking (eating 500 cals above normal calorie intake), counting protein on each meal taken, was it even that easy to buy enough food back then?
    Trial and error. Most used full body workouts to get big and just ate everything in sight.

Naturalbodybuilder.com - Natural Bodybuilding and Fitness Information.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

They were eating huge meals, working out a lot with weights. Milk was a necessity.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

My uncle used to be a body builder in those times when body building depended on the natural means. From what I remember, my uncle eats a lot of beef and eggs that he said are for protein that he needs. He also drinks milk in the morning. For the workout, he lifts 2 kinds of barbell, one small and big heavy. He lifts the smaller barbell for a warm up. By the way, his barbells were improvised since he couldn’t afford the expensive barbell.

Banned bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Well when you really get down to it the things that really end up working are the diet and exercise, so I am sure that those were the things back them too. Of course the nutrition side has come a long way, but I am sure they had their own tips and tricks back then too.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by rz3300 View Post
    Well when you really get down to it the things that really end up working are the diet and exercise, so I am sure that those were the things back them too. Of course the nutrition side has come a long way, but I am sure they had their own tips and tricks back then too.
    If you realise that back then technology wasn't so advanced and so every work was basically laborious and hence a great natural exercise.

Back then diet was less polluted, more fresh, healthy and less refined. With milk and meat both rich in calcium and protein made the main staple.

Hence, you are right, there were bigger man all over the place without a gym.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

collapse Posting Permissions