• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How did body builders in the past grow big?

P

ptahm22

Sorry if this thread seems stupid but, How did people get jacked back in 1900-1960s? Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure they didnt know lots about diet and protein/ protein dialy intake/ bulking (eating 500 cals above normal calorie intake), counting protein on each meal taken, was it even that easy to buy enough food back then?

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Two simple words, plain hard work. If today is so much easier to get a bigger body taking steroids and other supplements, back in the days longer hours and full commitment was necessary to get a bigger size. We have our life made easier these days. :)

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They have known many things about nutrition for a long time. It's nothing new.

naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

Sorry if this thread seems stupid but, How did people get jacked back in 1900-1960s? Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure they didnt know lots about diet and protein/ protein dialy intake/ bulking (eating 500 cals above normal calorie intake), counting protein on each meal taken, was it even that easy to buy enough food back then?

Trial and error. Most used full body workouts to get big and just ate everything in sight.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They were eating huge meals, working out a lot with weights. Milk was a necessity.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My uncle used to be a body builder in those times when body building depended on the natural means. From what I remember, my uncle eats a lot of beef and eggs that he said are for protein that he needs. He also drinks milk in the morning. For the workout, he lifts 2 kinds of barbell, one small and big heavy. He lifts the smaller barbell for a warm up. By the way, his barbells were improvised since he couldn’t afford the expensive barbell.

R

rz3300

Banned
Well when you really get down to it the things that really end up working are the diet and exercise, so I am sure that those were the things back them too. Of course the nutrition side has come a long way, but I am sure they had their own tips and tricks back then too.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well when you really get down to it the things that really end up working are the diet and exercise, so I am sure that those were the things back them too. Of course the nutrition side has come a long way, but I am sure they had their own tips and tricks back then too.

If you realise that back then technology wasn't so advanced and so every work was basically laborious and hence a great natural exercise.

Back then diet was less polluted, more fresh, healthy and less refined. With milk and meat both rich in calcium and protein made the main staple.

Hence, you are right, there were bigger man all over the place without a gym.