Register

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Is Boxing Becoming a Parody Of Itself?

These days it seems as if there's more hype involved in boxing than what there is actual worthwhile fights to watch. Fights are announced and then cancelled, then they are back on again and then off again. The media hype and trash talk is then all we hear off the fighters and then when and if the fight does take place, after it the fighters are best of friends again and it's all now becoming a bit predictable and repetitive.

I remember when Tyson came on the scene and there was none of this. The fight was announced, there was a few media interviews and then the fight took place. It seems as if that now the build up and speculation is bigger than the actual fight itself, and am I the only one that wants to get back to how it was, and thinks we need to leave the trash talk for the WWE?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Is Boxing Becoming a Parody Of Itself?

I agree that boxing is losing its popularity hence that credibility issue. Take the case of Manny Pacquiao where a fight against Jeff Horn of Australia was set in March only to be cancelled in favor of a Pacquiao-Amir Khan bout in UAE. That was the offshoot of a survey conducted by Pacquiao himself. But Bob Arum, the promoter, cancelled that fight so where is it going now?

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

As with any sport, as soon as the credibility gets called into question then it loses some of it's appeal. While I'm not saying that boxing is going don the same route as WWE, in recent years especially it has become more of a money making publicity machine, rather than being about the actual fights and the boxers themselves. The governing bodies of the sport are in danger of pushing the loyal boxing fans away, and especially when people are crying out for a fight between two boxers at their peak only to be given a one sided mis-match instead.

Here in the UK, Anthony Joshua is the heavyweight with the biggest prospects, but he's pretty much hand picked all of his fights and people are crying out to see him fight somebody who can test him. Up to now, that hasn't happened and probably won't for some time. The biggest fight of his career is up next when he fights Klitchko, but even that shouldn't be much of a test for him, but what it will do is bring in the money for the fighters, promoters and boxing itself, and that seems to be all that matters these days.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Now boxing it's just show and buisness, not sport i think

MuscleMecca God
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation KaiGold's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Boxing is not wrestling.. boxing is real but it's for profit.

The musclemecca bodybuilding news guy

collapse Posting Permissions