Do you warm up?
Your first visit?
Register

Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Do you warm up?

  1. #1
    Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    189

    Do you warm up?

    I am a naturalist and rarely find the need to warm up before a major
    exercise. In most cases, simply being alert and having washed my face
    in the morning are enough to start me off for a long race. The secret
    though is to maintain more muscles and less body fat.

    Similar Bodybuilding Threads:




    •   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

        

      Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors



  2. #2
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Big Beef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,348

    Re: Do you warm up?

    Depends on what ya mean by warm-up & what your going to be doing. Most guys consider doing some sets of light weight a warm-up & I definitely think a person should do warm-ups before working a muscle.

    Even if you were doing something like sprints, I still think you should warm-up. I've went to take off real fast before & it felt like I sprained my ankle because I didn't move it around & get the blood going in it first.




  3. #3
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    2,662

    Re: Do you warm up?

    I am guessing that you are young, perhaps not even 30 years old. But when you age, you have to be conscious of your workout that warm up is necessary. I have a friend who is overweight. Lately, he was enamored with a pretty woman that ignited his passion to lose weight so he was eager to do the workout. But one morning, he felt pain in his knee. The doctor confirmed that he had a torn quadricep and had to be rendered immobile for weeks for his knee to heal. Now, the advice of the doctor is to always do a warm up first before proceeding with the workout. A warm up can be bending and stretching just to waken the muscles.




  4. #4
    Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3

    Re: Do you warm up?

    hello all ,. i am a new member here ,,
    thanks for your posts


    :)


  5. #5
    Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    13

    Re: Do you warm up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Beef View Post
    Depends on what ya mean by warm-up & what your going to be doing. Most guys consider doing some sets of light weight a warm-up & I definitely think a person should do warm-ups before working a muscle.

    Even if you were doing something like sprints, I still think you should warm-up. I've went to take off real fast before & it felt like I sprained my ankle because I didn't move it around & get the blood going in it first.

    There is research that found that there was no difference in injury rates between those who warmed up with cardio and those who did not. They also found out that strength gains were slightly diminished in those who did a cardio warm up. What was important is those who did not warm up doing cardio most likely got a more functional warm up by starting out with light weight and working up to the heavier work sets. So resistance training is much more unique compared to other physical activities that our workouts have a warm up built into them. Now these guys who go in and start off with heavy work sets and don't do light warmup sets first are most likely setting themselves up for injury.




  6. #6
    Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    420

    Re: Do you warm up?

    Yes, I do warm up. Its very important for ur muscles To avoid injury




  7. #7
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Big Beef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,348

    Re: Do you warm up?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Beef View Post
    Depends on what ya mean by warm-up & what your going to be doing. Most guys consider doing some sets of light weight a warm-up & I definitely think a person should do warm-ups before working a muscle.

    Even if you were doing something like sprints, I still think you should warm-up. I've went to take off real fast before & it felt like I sprained my ankle because I didn't move it around & get the blood going in it first.

    There is research that found that there was no difference in injury rates between those who warmed up with cardio and those who did not. They also found out that strength gains were slightly diminished in those who did a cardio warm up. What was important is those who did not warm up doing cardio most likely got a more functional warm up by starting out with light weight and working up to the heavier work sets. So resistance training is much more unique compared to other physical activities that our workouts have a warm up built into them. Now these guys who go in and start off with heavy work sets and don't do light warmup sets first are most likely setting themselves up for injury.
    Didn't say cardio had to be warm-up for weight training. Can be a separate day, as a lot of power lifters do this. Also, why does almost every professional athlete do warm-ups & why would there highly paid trainers suggest them to do this? Regardless of what exercise or workout your doing, I believe some kind of warm-up is necessary. If you got out of bed in the morning & went to a dead sprint, you don't think you'd be more prone to injury??




  8. #8
    Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Torres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    100

    Re: Do you warm up?

    I always warm up , maybe not as much as I should , but I do try to . The older you get the more a good warm up makes sense !!!




  9. #9
    MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation HorrorT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Height
    6'2"
    Weight
    273
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    237

    Re: Do you warm up?

    Always Get my blood flowing, I get better pumps




  10. #10
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    629

    Re: Do you warm up?

    It's very important to warm up before getting into any intense workouts in order to put your body in good shape to avoid getting injured.

    I also do stretching before getting into intense workouts.




  11. #11
    MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation jolter604's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,614

    Re: Do you warm up?

    Ever sense i hit 30 i always incorporate a warm up.
    Now 41 i still do it
    6 sets Reps of 12 to 15
    40 secound rest.
    Then i handle my workout




  12. #12
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    507

    Re: Do you warm up?

    The first thing you should do is to warm up before going to the gym or playing a pick-up game of basketball at the park- and this should take 10 to 15 minutes. This will help you better perform and prevent injuries as well, also this tells our muscles and cardio system to prepare for more intense exercise to come.




  13. #13
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    629

    Re: Do you warm up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Folk Artist View Post
    The first thing you should do is to warm up before going to the gym or playing a pick-up game of basketball at the park- and this should take 10 to 15 minutes. This will help you better perform and prevent injuries as well, also this tells our muscles and cardio system to prepare for more intense exercise to come.
    There is this kind of warm up which I normally do and it's static running warm up.

    I would just run but not going forth or backwards. It's just like running with a treadmill. It really helps me to get my whole body all tuned up for the real workout.




  14. #14
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    2,662

    Re: Do you warm up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post

    There is this kind of warm up which I normally do and it's static running warm up.

    I would just run but not going forth or backwards. It's just like running with a treadmill. It really helps me to get my whole body all tuned up for the real workout.
    I used to do that stationary jogging when we were staying in an apartment. There was no place to move so I was content with that kind of warm up before I do my basic exercises. But now our bedroom's floor is wood and I couldn't do the stationary jogging for they might think there is an earthquake. But I sometimes do it in the living room when I feel like I want to sweat a bit.




  15. #15
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    629

    Re: Do you warm up?

    Definitely, you can't do a stationary jogging on a wooden floor. There is always a chance of the wooden floor breaking if the running impact is too much.

    I have seen a lot of houses like that damaged as a result of bad weather conditions, so hard impact are better removed from adding pressure to the house.




  16. #16
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    629

    Re: Do you warm up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Folk Artist View Post
    The first thing you should do is to warm up before going to the gym or playing a pick-up game of basketball at the park- and this should take 10 to 15 minutes. This will help you better perform and prevent injuries as well, also this tells our muscles and cardio system to prepare for more intense exercise to come.
    Exactly. It's very wrong to hit the gym immediately and jump into high intensity exercises.

    Warmup is very important to get your body ready for such high level intensity exercises as it also prevents you from having an unexpected injuries.






    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

        

        




 

 

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.