• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Do you warm up?

R

remnant

Banned
I am a naturalist and rarely find the need to warm up before a major
exercise. In most cases, simply being alert and having washed my face
in the morning are enough to start me off for a long race. The secret
though is to maintain more muscles and less body fat.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends on what ya mean by warm-up & what your going to be doing. Most guys consider doing some sets of light weight a warm-up & I definitely think a person should do warm-ups before working a muscle.

Even if you were doing something like sprints, I still think you should warm-up. I've went to take off real fast before & it felt like I sprained my ankle because I didn't move it around & get the blood going in it first.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am guessing that you are young, perhaps not even 30 years old. But when you age, you have to be conscious of your workout that warm up is necessary. I have a friend who is overweight. Lately, he was enamored with a pretty woman that ignited his passion to lose weight so he was eager to do the workout. But one morning, he felt pain in his knee. The doctor confirmed that he had a torn quadricep and had to be rendered immobile for weeks for his knee to heal. Now, the advice of the doctor is to always do a warm up first before proceeding with the workout. A warm up can be bending and stretching just to waken the muscles.

L

Lena01

hello all ,. i am a new member here ,,
thanks for your posts

B

BigTex

Depends on what ya mean by warm-up & what your going to be doing. Most guys consider doing some sets of light weight a warm-up & I definitely think a person should do warm-ups before working a muscle.

Even if you were doing something like sprints, I still think you should warm-up. I've went to take off real fast before & it felt like I sprained my ankle because I didn't move it around & get the blood going in it first.

There is research that found that there was no difference in injury rates between those who warmed up with cardio and those who did not. They also found out that strength gains were slightly diminished in those who did a cardio warm up. What was important is those who did not warm up doing cardio most likely got a more functional warm up by starting out with light weight and working up to the heavier work sets. So resistance training is much more unique compared to other physical activities that our workouts have a warm up built into them. Now these guys who go in and start off with heavy work sets and don't do light warmup sets first are most likely setting themselves up for injury.

P

Pharmacom

Yes, I do warm up. Its very important for ur muscles To avoid injury

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

There is research that found that there was no difference in injury rates between those who warmed up with cardio and those who did not. They also found out that strength gains were slightly diminished in those who did a cardio warm up. What was important is those who did not warm up doing cardio most likely got a more functional warm up by starting out with light weight and working up to the heavier work sets. So resistance training is much more unique compared to other physical activities that our workouts have a warm up built into them. Now these guys who go in and start off with heavy work sets and don't do light warmup sets first are most likely setting themselves up for injury.

Didn't say cardio had to be warm-up for weight training. Can be a separate day, as a lot of power lifters do this. Also, why does almost every professional athlete do warm-ups & why would there highly paid trainers suggest them to do this? Regardless of what exercise or workout your doing, I believe some kind of warm-up is necessary. If you got out of bed in the morning & went to a dead sprint, you don't think you'd be more prone to injury??

Torres

Torres

I always warm up , maybe not as much as I should , but I do try to . The older you get the more a good warm up makes sense !!!

HorrorT

HorrorT

Always Get my blood flowing, I get better pumps

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's very important to warm up before getting into any intense workouts in order to put your body in good shape to avoid getting injured.

I also do stretching before getting into intense workouts.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jolter604

jolter604

Tren lube gives girls ass mass
Sponsor
Ever sense i hit 30 i always incorporate a warm up.
Now 41 i still do it
6 sets Reps of 12 to 15
40 secound rest.
Then i handle my workout

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The first thing you should do is to warm up before going to the gym or playing a pick-up game of basketball at the park- and this should take 10 to 15 minutes. This will help you better perform and prevent injuries as well, also this tells our muscles and cardio system to prepare for more intense exercise to come.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The first thing you should do is to warm up before going to the gym or playing a pick-up game of basketball at the park- and this should take 10 to 15 minutes. This will help you better perform and prevent injuries as well, also this tells our muscles and cardio system to prepare for more intense exercise to come.

There is this kind of warm up which I normally do and it's static running warm up.

I would just run but not going forth or backwards. It's just like running with a treadmill. It really helps me to get my whole body all tuned up for the real workout.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is this kind of warm up which I normally do and it's static running warm up.

I would just run but not going forth or backwards. It's just like running with a treadmill. It really helps me to get my whole body all tuned up for the real workout.

I used to do that stationary jogging when we were staying in an apartment. There was no place to move so I was content with that kind of warm up before I do my basic exercises. But now our bedroom's floor is wood and I couldn't do the stationary jogging for they might think there is an earthquake. But I sometimes do it in the living room when I feel like I want to sweat a bit.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Definitely, you can't do a stationary jogging on a wooden floor. There is always a chance of the wooden floor breaking if the running impact is too much.

I have seen a lot of houses like that damaged as a result of bad weather conditions, so hard impact are better removed from adding pressure to the house.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Exactly. It's very wrong to hit the gym immediately and jump into high intensity exercises.

Warmup is very important to get your body ready for such high level intensity exercises as it also prevents you from having an unexpected injuries.