What is the most difficult muscle to build?
Your first visit?
Register

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1



    •   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

        

      Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors



  2. #2
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    2,662

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    At my age of 62, it is the abdominal muscles that is the most difficult to build because the tummy naturally sags when you grow old. I have noticed that even if I added some exercise to my routine workout, my abs still have that bulge no matter how small. One trainer said that the sagging tummy is the result of age and the only remedy you can do is to adapt the posture of always stomach in. Now I am learning that trick of straight posture so the abs will be stretched and avoid to bulge.




  3. #3
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    629

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    My abdominal muscles took me close to 3 months of constant training before it became firm. I was thinking that it would be sooner but it was not as I thought, even though I was happy that it later manifested but it was down to hard work and, commitment and dedication to my workout drills that led me to achieve that success.




  4. #4
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    507

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    Yeah, those abs seem like a very hard muscle to get toned up, but you should shed the fat from the entire body because spot reduction or losing that fat from a specific area is not possible. You need a healthy diet and exercise program for that. The hardest muscle area of the body to tone or build is the calf area though, because calf muscles are the farthest major muscle group from the heart, so it takes more time and pressure to get blood to and from the calf.




  5. #5
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    629

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    Quote Originally Posted by Folk Artist View Post
    Yeah, those abs seem like a very hard muscle to get toned up, but you should shed the fat from the entire body because spot reduction or losing that fat from a specific area is not possible. You need a healthy diet and exercise program for that. The hardest muscle area of the body to tone or build is the calf area though, because calf muscles are the farthest major muscle group from the heart, so it takes more time and pressure to get blood to and from the calf.
    You certainly have a good point in saying that the best way to develop some muscle in the body is to workout on losing fat all over the body and then work on developing the specific muscle that you desire to build up. Abs are seriously hard to drill out especially if your belly muscles are too weak but with consistency in workout, they will certainly come.




  6. #6
    Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    397

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    In my case, my abs. I've been trying for years to have a sculpted-like six-pack and as of this date still fails. On the bright side, unless I am trying to enter a bodybuilding competition, there is no good reason for me to get that lean. If given the option - to have abs or to be healthy, I'll choose the latter.




  7. #7
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    629

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    In my case, my abs. I've been trying for years to have a sculpted-like six-pack and as of this date still fails. On the bright side, unless I am trying to enter a bodybuilding competition, there is no good reason for me to get that lean. If given the option - to have abs or to be healthy, I'll choose the latter.

    Try taking your mind off from seeing the abs coming out immediately from working out for a while. Just see it as a normal exercise routine for you and enjoy exercising and before you will realize what's happening, the abs will begin to pop up. But when you keep checking it out on daily basis, it will be as if there is no impact the drills are having on your body.




  8. #8
    MuscleMecca God
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation KaiGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,613

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    For abs is mostly diet. Exercise alone will never do it.


    The musclemecca bodybuilding news guy


  9. #9
    Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    Most people I know are struggling with abs.. LOL and I am not even near somewhere.




  10. #10
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    629

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    Quote Originally Posted by KaiGold View Post
    For abs is mostly diet. Exercise alone will never do it.
    You have made a very good point about what is very essential to developing abs and I completely agree with you on it. It's true that with lots of pranks, crunches wall sit and press up can help one with abs development but even with all these exercises and you still don't take care of what you eat, it is going to take ages before you would be able to develop abs.




  11. #11
    Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    397

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    One more question. Does taking an excessive amount of beer makes your belly bulge? I heard this a lot before, saying beer can make your tummy fat, but I am not sure.




  12. #12
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    629

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    One more question. Does taking an excessive amount of beer makes your belly bulge? I heard this a lot before, saying beer can make your tummy fat, but I am not sure.

    Some people call this a myth but I beg to differ because it's 100% true that too much consumption of beers would make one's belly to bulge and push out like a pregnant woman. There are so many men here in my country that have such kind of belly and they all take excessive beers. It's not a healthy lifestyle.




  13. #13
    Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    397

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    One more question. Does taking an excessive amount of beer makes your belly bulge? I heard this a lot before, saying beer can make your tummy fat, but I am not sure.

    Some people call this a myth but I beg to differ because it's 100% true that too much consumption of beers would make one's belly to bulge and push out like a pregnant woman. There are so many men here in my country that have such kind of belly and they all take excessive beers. It's not a healthy lifestyle.
    But it can also be other things like not working out or not doing enough physical activities daily. It may have nothing to do with drinking beer after all. Besides, beer drinkers are often people who spend their time all day sitting on the couch watching their favorite sports on TV right? Forgive me for being too direct and insensitive.




  14. #14
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    629

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    One more question. Does taking an excessive amount of beer makes your belly bulge? I heard this a lot before, saying beer can make your tummy fat, but I am not sure.

    Some people call this a myth but I beg to differ because it's 100% true that too much consumption of beers would make one's belly to bulge and push out like a pregnant woman. There are so many men here in my country that have such kind of belly and they all take excessive beers. It's not a healthy lifestyle.
    But it can also be other things like not working out or not doing enough physical activities daily. It may have nothing to do with drinking beer after all. Besides, beer drinkers are often people who spend their time all day sitting on the couch watching their favorite sports on TV right? Forgive me for being too direct and insensitive.
    The truth is that we all have our individual different lifestyle we engage in and they are all directly impacting on how we appear with or without exercises or workouts. If one leads a bad lifestyle with bad habits, it's definitely going to have it's stamps on outward look of the person.




  15. #15
    Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    397

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    One more question. Does taking an excessive amount of beer makes your belly bulge? I heard this a lot before, saying beer can make your tummy fat, but I am not sure.

    Some people call this a myth but I beg to differ because it's 100% true that too much consumption of beers would make one's belly to bulge and push out like a pregnant woman. There are so many men here in my country that have such kind of belly and they all take excessive beers. It's not a healthy lifestyle.
    But it can also be other things like not working out or not doing enough physical activities daily. It may have nothing to do with drinking beer after all. Besides, beer drinkers are often people who spend their time all day sitting on the couch watching their favorite sports on TV right? Forgive me for being too direct and insensitive.
    The truth is that we all have our individual different lifestyle we engage in and they are all directly impacting on how we appear with or without exercises or workouts. If one leads a bad lifestyle with bad habits, it's definitely going to have it's stamps on outward look of the person.
    I couldn't agree more. By the way, I am doing the planking exercises for almost two months now, and I am delighted with the results. I lost about 3 inches on my waist, and now I can wear my old pants again. Thanks to this forum!




  16. #16
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    629

    Re: What is the most difficult muscle to build?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    One more question. Does taking an excessive amount of beer makes your belly bulge? I heard this a lot before, saying beer can make your tummy fat, but I am not sure.

    Some people call this a myth but I beg to differ because it's 100% true that too much consumption of beers would make one's belly to bulge and push out like a pregnant woman. There are so many men here in my country that have such kind of belly and they all take excessive beers. It's not a healthy lifestyle.
    But it can also be other things like not working out or not doing enough physical activities daily. It may have nothing to do with drinking beer after all. Besides, beer drinkers are often people who spend their time all day sitting on the couch watching their favorite sports on TV right? Forgive me for being too direct and insensitive.
    The truth is that we all have our individual different lifestyle we engage in and they are all directly impacting on how we appear with or without exercises or workouts. If one leads a bad lifestyle with bad habits, it's definitely going to have it's stamps on outward look of the person.
    I couldn't agree more. By the way, I am doing the planking exercises for almost two months now, and I am delighted with the results. I lost about 3 inches on my waist, and now I can wear my old pants again. Thanks to this forum!
    Haha, well when you workout on a consistent basis, you are definitely going to be seeing the results in your body. This is exactly what you just noticed with your old wears/pants now being able to fit and size your body once more. Keep up the workout and you will still witness more positive results.

    Good luck.






    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

        

        




 

 

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.