Your first visit?
Register

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Tokyo Olympics in 2020 may scrap boxing

This is sad news for amateur boxing with the hint that the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo will not include boxing in the list of sports. The reason was due to rampant issues in judging that caused controversies and scandals. Even the Asian Games 2 years ago was not bereft of scandal. India's boxer Sarita Devi refused to receive her bronze medal because she believed that she defeated her South Korean opponent.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Tokyo Olympics in 2020 may scrap boxing

One of the sports, where the Philippines excels at and sends a lot of athletes. But if it's true that cheating, unfair judging, and match-fixing is happening, I'll support the notion and at least be part of the solution to make the Olympics credible again.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Last night was another black eye for amateur boxing. The light flyweight fight in the Asian Games was marred by a bad decision. Filipino Carlo Paalam was definitely ahead in all rounds with more punches landed but the Indian opponent was declared winner. It's really sad that boxing judges are not that objective anymore. Take note that there was a big Indian crowd in the gallery so maybe the 3 judges who voted for the Indian took into consideration the audience impact. Paalam got the nod of the 2 other judges.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    Last night was another black eye for amateur boxing. The light flyweight fight in the Asian Games was marred by a bad decision. Filipino Carlo Paalam was definitely ahead in all rounds with more punches landed but the Indian opponent was declared winner. It's really sad that boxing judges are not that objective anymore. Take note that there was a big Indian crowd in the gallery so maybe the 3 judges who voted for the Indian took into consideration the audience impact. Paalam got the nod of the 2 other judges.
    That is just utterly horrendous. How come you judge a boxing match based on the number of Indians in the crowd. That does not make any sense. If the Olympics is all about pleasing their subscribers, is all about money and not about talent and skills, then I am not watching it anymore.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Boxing is a sport where cheating is most prevalent. This is because of the judges and promoters who are in league with each other. But when it comes to Asian Games, Olympic Games, cheating in this sport becomes natural, that's why I stopped watching Olympic matches.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

As of the latest update, amateur boxing is not included in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics but boxing organizations are doing their best to appeal. The bad judging is the main reason for shelving the sport. I wonder why judges have to be biased in an amateur sport. I can understand the money involved in professional boxing but in amateur boxing there is not much money. And I don't think a country's sports organization will spend for the nod of the judges.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    As of the latest update, amateur boxing is not included in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics but boxing organizations are doing their best to appeal. The bad judging is the main reason for shelving the sport. I wonder why judges have to be biased in an amateur sport. I can understand the money involved in professional boxing but in amateur boxing there is not much money. And I don't think a country's sports organization will spend for the nod of the judges.
    I beg to disagree. A country's desire to win in the Olympics is much more of a motivation to spend on it. Even if there's less money involved and boxers are considered amateur, I believe the pride and prestige to win in the sport is reason enough.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Steroidify

Napsgear

MusclePay

collapse Posting Permissions