• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Tokyo Olympics in 2020 may scrap boxing

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
This is sad news for amateur boxing with the hint that the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo will not include boxing in the list of sports. The reason was due to rampant issues in judging that caused controversies and scandals. Even the Asian Games 2 years ago was not bereft of scandal. India's boxer Sarita Devi refused to receive her bronze medal because she believed that she defeated her South Korean opponent.
 
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
397
Points
18
One of the sports, where the Philippines excels at and sends a lot of athletes. But if it's true that cheating, unfair judging, and match-fixing is happening, I'll support the notion and at least be part of the solution to make the Olympics credible again.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
Last night was another black eye for amateur boxing. The light flyweight fight in the Asian Games was marred by a bad decision. Filipino Carlo Paalam was definitely ahead in all rounds with more punches landed but the Indian opponent was declared winner. It's really sad that boxing judges are not that objective anymore. Take note that there was a big Indian crowd in the gallery so maybe the 3 judges who voted for the Indian took into consideration the audience impact. Paalam got the nod of the 2 other judges.
 
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
397
Points
18
Last night was another black eye for amateur boxing. The light flyweight fight in the Asian Games was marred by a bad decision. Filipino Carlo Paalam was definitely ahead in all rounds with more punches landed but the Indian opponent was declared winner. It's really sad that boxing judges are not that objective anymore. Take note that there was a big Indian crowd in the gallery so maybe the 3 judges who voted for the Indian took into consideration the audience impact. Paalam got the nod of the 2 other judges.

That is just utterly horrendous. How come you judge a boxing match based on the number of Indians in the crowd. That does not make any sense. If the Olympics is all about pleasing their subscribers, is all about money and not about talent and skills, then I am not watching it anymore.
 
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
415
Points
18
Boxing is a sport where cheating is most prevalent. This is because of the judges and promoters who are in league with each other. But when it comes to Asian Games, Olympic Games, cheating in this sport becomes natural, that's why I stopped watching Olympic matches.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
As of the latest update, amateur boxing is not included in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics but boxing organizations are doing their best to appeal. The bad judging is the main reason for shelving the sport. I wonder why judges have to be biased in an amateur sport. I can understand the money involved in professional boxing but in amateur boxing there is not much money. And I don't think a country's sports organization will spend for the nod of the judges.
 
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
397
Points
18
As of the latest update, amateur boxing is not included in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics but boxing organizations are doing their best to appeal. The bad judging is the main reason for shelving the sport. I wonder why judges have to be biased in an amateur sport. I can understand the money involved in professional boxing but in amateur boxing there is not much money. And I don't think a country's sports organization will spend for the nod of the judges.

I beg to disagree. A country's desire to win in the Olympics is much more of a motivation to spend on it. Even if there's less money involved and boxers are considered amateur, I believe the pride and prestige to win in the sport is reason enough.
 

Similar threads

Alexandoy
Replies
14
Views
4K
Robert
R
Alexandoy
Replies
2
Views
5K
GuestHu
G
Alexandoy
Replies
2
Views
4K
Folk Artist
Folk Artist
Top